The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (1 Viewer)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Re: The MQ weightloss/marks gain Support Thread!

glitterfairy said:
Maybe all that water you drank helped get rid of some fluid retention that's been hanging around? :)
I don't know much about water retention except about the role that salt plays.. but you just reminded me maybe its the weight i should have lost during my "monthly visitor" remmeber i gained like 2kg overnight somehow. My "monthly" left me officially on Tuesday... maybe its that.. if so back to normal eating lol It was somewhat uncomfortable to eat all that extra stuff i had today....

HSC
N/A

clairegirl said:
I don't know much about water retention except about the role that salt plays.. but you just reminded me maybe its the weight i should have lost during my "monthly visitor" remmeber i gained like 2kg overnight somehow. My "monthly" left me officially on Tuesday... maybe its that.. if so back to normal eating lol It was somewhat uncomfortable to eat all that extra stuff i had today....
Yeah, that sounds logical :)

Vegetables are highlighted, because it's something I'm working on :)

Breakfast: Two slices of buttered toast with some cheese, and an apple
Lunch: baby cos lettuce salad with smoked chicken, egg and cheese
Pre-dinner: One slice buttered toast with some cheese
Dinner: Rice, duck and some vegetables

Exercise: Just did a warmup, 50 situps and some pilates (worked mainly on abs, obliques, hamstrings and lats). Heh. My arms are tingling. I think they'll be sore tomorrow ;)

Also taught my jazz class (1 hr) today and that's relatively energetic, so that's my cardio component for today :)

Study: Still on my break. Should really get around to starting SOC though.. otherwise will only have monday night, tuesday day and wednesday night :S eek...

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

Oh well I'm not going to dwell on it ... Anyway guys here's a random question for you guys.

What are you guys like when you get hungry?

If I'm with friends- I'm totally different...Today my mate sarah goes to me.." ur very quiet today...hun u look dazed and confused...u look like your thinking about something totally different whats wrong mate" I'm quiet, non-sociable and will talk minimally and just watch others talk but not really listen because i know if i do talk.. it'll be bitchy.

I also don't talk coz i feel like i have to conserve energy. lol

My family- short tempered, anti-social, get angry at anyone who comes in my room, get extremely stressed out at little disturbances.

Alone- dazed and confused and think about pressing issues and just stress myself out.... i hate being hungry and i never let myself get hungry but lately since i'm being a lil tight ass at uni, i'll stay hungry until i get home.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

glitterfairy said:
Yeah, that sounds logical :)

Vegetables are highlighted, because it's something I'm working on :)

Breakfast: Two slices of buttered toast with some cheese, and an apple
Lunch: baby cos lettuce salad with smoked chicken, egg and cheese
Pre-dinner: One slice buttered toast with some cheese
Dinner: Rice, duck and some vegetables

Exercise: Just did a warmup, 50 situps and some pilates (worked mainly on abs, obliques, hamstrings and lats). Heh. My arms are tingling. I think they'll be sore tomorrow ;)

Also taught my jazz class (1 hr) today and that's relatively energetic, so that's my cardio component for today :)

Study: Still on my break. Should really get around to starting SOC though.. otherwise will only have monday night, tuesday day and wednesday night :S eek...
Well done glitter :) thats a vast improvement on the other day where the presence of vegetables/fruits was non existent! Good work! Keep it up:) Well done with the excercise too :)

Now what type of bread did you use? Hey glitter and everyone else... do you guys want to do a thing where we critique each other on at least ONE thing on our summary of our days? Btw that was my only small critique i could find.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC

Have you thought about eliminating "feeling hungery" instead of dealing with "feeling hungry"? Getting rid of the disease, rather than living with it...

Eat smaller meals every 3 hours. Not only will you feel less hungry because the next meal is only a little while away, but you will burn off more calories this way. It is because from the moment you eat, for about 3 hours, your body is in high metabolic state (burning calories). This drops down after 3 hours, so it is the optimal time. Which is also why eating fewer, larger, meals is bad.

Edit: aimed at clairegirl's post.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

redruM said:
Have you thought about eliminating "feeling hungery" instead of dealing with "feeling hungry"? Getting rid of the disease, rather than living with it...

Eat smaller meals every 3 hours. Not only will you feel less hungry because the next meal is only a little while away, but you will burn off more calories this way. It is because from the moment you eat, for about 3 hours, your body is in high metabolic state (burning calories). This drops down after 3 hours, so it is the optimal time. Which is also why eating fewer, larger, meals is bad.

Edit: aimed at clairegirl's post.
I did say...
"i hate being hungry and i never let myself get hungry but lately since i'm being a lil tight ass at uni, i'll stay hungry until i get home"

thats when i dont bring my lunch/s to uni

*hopeful*

HSC

wat is a small meal though for eg instead of a normal sandwich at lunch time have 1 half at 12 n the other at 3 ?

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

get a shrinking machine and shrink ur sandwiches :p

but yeah thats true what redrum said and ur example is spot on :) Also it is best to have some protein every 3 hours... eg nuts (yes it has high calories and fat content but its the good fat)

HSC
N/A

clairegirl said:
Well done glitter :) thats a vast improvement on the other day where the presence of vegetables/fruits was non existent! Good work! Keep it up:) Well done with the excercise too :)

Now what type of bread did you use? Hey glitter and everyone else... do you guys want to do a thing where we critique each other on at least ONE thing on our summary of our days? Btw that was my only small critique i could find.
haha, are we talking "other days" or "life up till that point?" :p

I was eating white bread, but that was because it was the only variety avaliable at the time :( Normally I eat wholemeal bread, and have been doing so for years now :)

As for critique, I think it's a good idea to do it every now and again but probably only when relevant :p haha. On the other hand, it could be extremely motivational/nagging to do it every summary... lol

clairegirl said:
What are you guys like when you get hungry?
If I'm with friends, I'll ignore it up to a certain point. If I'm with my close friends, I will whinge and whine incessantly until I find food, or someone feeds me :p

If I'm alone or at work I either totally ignore it, or find myself something to eat :) I'm pretty simply minded about eating when I'm hungry ;)

redruM said:
Oooh! Spooky! I read an article about this today!!!

In other news, it has been two hours after dinner, and I am hungry again :(

I am noticing a trend. Every time I eat a meal that has a reasonably amount of vegetable in it (heh, that's about half a fist's worth, as opposed to a small leaf or two) I get hungry again very soon after - like an hour or two after. Does this mean I just need to eat more?

Last edited:
HSC

Anne i think u should post a current pic! u look heaps different to that now....im taking one on Monday and will post it for all to see!:wave:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC

clairegirl said:
I did say...
"i hate being hungry and i never let myself get hungry but lately since i'm being a lil tight ass at uni, i'll stay hungry until i get home"

thats when i dont bring my lunch/s to uni
Your body needs energy to survive, right? Food brings energy, right? If you starve you body, then you are "eating" your own muscle. Low calorie intake is very bad for you. You don't live off the fat, but your muscle!

Skipping meals is a very poor choice. Your energy levels will be low and a binge is just around the corner.
*hopeful* said:
wat is a small meal though for eg instead of a normal sandwich at lunch time have 1 half at 12 n the other at 3 ?
It depends on what you should be eating. I'll the example that I have come across. It is for males with an aim to lose fat. 2400 calories a day. With a macronutrient ratio of 50/30/20 (Carbs/Protien/Fat)

8am: 700 cal
11am: 500 cal
2pm: 500 cal
5pm: 400 cal
8pm:300 cal

You would apply that ratio to each of those meals. ie- for breakfast, you could have 4 weet bix, milk, toast and an egg. I am pretty sure that comes in at about 700 cal, while maintaining the ratio. And so on for the other meals.

There is no other way really, other than finding out the nutritional info for whatever you eat.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

yeh eye don't think she needs to lose anymore weight... but i think she's doing a a great thing however by incorporating more veggies/fruit into her diet and incorporating more excercise... everyone should really regardless of whether you want to lose weight/gain weight or maintain weight or whether its just to get healthy.

I guess the thread should have been a "get more healthy even whilst exams support group thread" instead of focusing purely weight loss.

Then it could appeal to everyone for me to get healthy is to get down to the healthy weight range whilst not losing any muscle... for glitter its toning up and eating healthier, for other people it could be to stop drinking so much coffee, stop smoking etc.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

redruM said:
Your body needs energy to survive, right? Food brings energy, right? If you starve you body, then you are "eating" your own muscle. Low calorie intake is very bad for you. You don't live off the fat, but your muscle!

Skipping meals is a very poor choice. Your energy levels will be low and a binge is just around the corner.
It depends on what you should be eating. I'll the example that I have come across. It is for males with an aim to lose fat. 2400 calories a day. With a macronutrient ratio of 50/30/20 (Carbs/Protien/Fat)

You would apply that ratio to each of those meals. ie- for breakfast, you could have 4 weet bix, milk, toast and an egg. I am pretty sure that comes in at about 700 cal, while maintaining the ratio. And so on for the other meals.

There is no other way really, other than finding out the nutritional info for whatever you eat.
To hopeful: I'm not an expert on calories, ask scarecrow of oz or pb (who's recently just started on the calories research) about the required calorie intake for women.

Redrum that seems like an awful lot of calories... how much did this guy weigh in this example?

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC

redruM said:

i realised u said 'male' but haha thats heeeaapps! so i'll just point that out for any girl who doesn't notice lol. dammit why are guys able to eat so much more :(
the days i'd eat 2400 calories are the days i want to cry lol (and then i can feel my butt growing like the next day lol.) im just shocked lol. i never knew guys could eat thaaaat much!

clairegirl said:
Then it could appeal to everyone for me to get healthy is to get down to the healthy weight range whilst not losing any muscle... for glitter its toning up and eating healthier, for other people it could be to stop drinking so much coffee, stop smoking etc.
for me its stop bingeing lol
omg today i had coffee and a V (cuz i couldnt sleep last night) ... and i hadn't had caffeine in like mooonths...
and after i was just like :eek: :wave: :uhoh:

Last edited:

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC

hahahaha i just did that sears thing (and then opened it in the glamour one). its so cool! lol. mine looks just like me, and it even had my hair! lol. it's like cartoon pb lol (but really dark)
and you can see what clothes look good on you and what makes you look fat lol. i never try on clothes, cuz i always think its just gonna make me look fat anywayz... which is why i never have new clothes :( lol

and lol i havent really been researching calories... i just know cuz yehh... i read about health and food lol ( I read good medicine and wellbeing haha) and i read the nutrition info on food labels cuz u gotta know whats going in you... i would do stuff about the calories, but i think its baaaaddd to obssess

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC

clairegirl said:
Thanx, I almost didn't put my photos up I was finding it extremely hard to press the submit button, I came back on to delete them but then the stupid server wasnt' working anymore..
this is the post i am up to reading so yeah i am not up to date but will be soon.
but i also came back this morning, but the server was down, because I was going to post this last night but then big brother, writing notes and talk of caffeine fried my brain and I only remembered when I went to bed:

I can’t wait to see the after pics :D And according to your virtual model, you’ll still have some form of curves which is even better

edit: wtf a small breakfast is to eat 4 weetbix, milk, an egg and toast?

and i think when i'm hungry i go quiet(-er) too (haha yeah to conserve energy, i don't move much for the same reason), sometimes headaches, pains, shakey.

i think if you are eating more veggies (in the place of meat) then yes you do need to eat more. i think they are less filling. if you're eating them on top of the usualy meat that you eat it's funny that they make you hungry.

Last edited:

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC

study: did the most this sem WITHOUT FALLING ASLEEP =D lol (i always fall asleep when i study... esp if im at home, in my room, all comfy... next to my bed lol )

food.........
breakfast: weetbix
snack: apple
lunch: tuna, mustard, tomato, olive sandwich
dinner: turkey wrap from subway
snack: cashews and coolpak popcorn

exercise: none lol

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

pb said:
study: did the most this sem WITHOUT FALLING ASLEEP =D lol (i always fall asleep when i study... esp if im at home, in my room, all comfy... next to my bed lol )

food.........
breakfast: weetbix
lunch: tuna, mustard, tomato, olive sandwich
dinner: turkey wrap from subway
snack: cashews and coolpak popcorn

exercise: none lol
thats great dude :d

that should be the model diet for me ... great variety and all extremely healthy

i hate tuna though :( can't stand it sooo dry, go the cashews!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC

RageAgainstBOS said:
Anne i think u should post a current pic! u look heaps different to that now....im taking one on Monday and will post it for all to see!:wave:
Hey angie, I know i agreed to this in our msn chat.... but urrh we'll see :s

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Breakfast: 2 slices of wholemeal with nutella
Lunch: Crackers and water
Dinner: Steak

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)