• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

the OC (1 Viewer)

Brad

The magic-the gathering references were teh funneh:

So you were doing it when i was playing magic, the gathering.

You still do play magic.

Yeah, but not as much.

AND

So this is where the magic happens.

If you're talking about the card game, then yes.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
as if the jacket line wasnt funny!
oh yeh luke does get with the mum.... i hope thats soon... though she has stirred up alot of shit even though we are like 6 episodes or so in

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Orange Juice said:
i was surprised luke wasnt in it... dont tell me hes been axed?
Merethrond said:
Well they have just about exhausted all of his avenues, although, didn't someone say that they saw a preview of him and Marissa's mum kissing:confused:?
Lukes one of the secondary characters ..they can't axe him + he's in all promos etc.. unlike Anna ..who might not be around for very long..

Fry

Summer and Anna are both deeeelicious. how's a guy to choose? i was completely torn before but after watching last night's ep, im now leaning a little more towards Summer. they clearly have loads of chemistry together and i can't get enough of their bickering. although there should be more talk and less action. im getting sick of Summer literally throwing herself on him. it makes her appear too slutty and aggressive. ok we all know she is, but it's a really big turn off and i miss those nicer moments, albeit brief, that she had with Seth. but my poor poor, beloved Anna. i really wanted Seth to reciprocate when she was going to kiss him on the boat. she is clearly smitten with him. way to ruin the moment!

Marissa's line about Summer liking Seth reminded me of a similar line Sandra Bullock said to Benjamin Bratt in Miss Congeniality. rip-off or coincidence?? I thought her exposure of Julie and Caleb's relationship was so out of character. it doesn't seem like a thing Marissa would do, especially in front of a crowd. but yeah, I guess she was really upset. i think channel 10 over-exaggerated when they said 'you wouldn't believe how this one ends'. dang, i thought Julie was going to do something really bitchy.

haha..the jacket line by Sandy was hilarious. it's just the way he said it that cracks me up. he's like an infant. i hope nothing gets in the way of Sandy and Kirsten's relationship...they're like the perfect parents.

yes, Luke is a secondary character so he's not going to be in every single episode, but I still don't understand why he is in the opening credits yet Summer is not. :confused: anyhoo, im sure there's plenty more storylines in store for him. we're only just scratching the surface.

on a final note, there was a blatant flaw in this episode. at the end of the ep, Marissa and Ryan admitted they never slept with anyone before and Ryan asked if she snored, etc etc. uh hello..not only have they slept with someone before (not in a sexual sense), but they slept with each other when they were in Mexico. how could they have missed that?

wow next week's ep is gonna be awesome. Seth looks so geeky yet cute in a sweater vest!

Last edited:

Fry

news just in, Chris Carmack (who plays Luke) has left the show. i have no idea why but he makes his final appearance in episode 24.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
ahaha that's the biggest stuff up ever, i didn't realise that!

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
SpoRTsGaL said:
lol I noticed that too.

Oh he is absolutely gorgeous *sigh*.
yeah well then they would have slept over at ppl's houses before. they must have meant someone they were actually SLEEPING WITH, having stayed over afterwards. like ryan's line about crawling back into the front seat...

Fry said:
Marissa's line about Summer liking Seth reminded me of a similar line Sandra Bullock said to Benjamin Bratt in Miss Congeniality. rip-off or coincidence?
i LOVE that, i say that all the time..."you think i'm goooorgeous, you wanna daaate me..." only it's usually true...
nah i think it was just the way mischa said it.

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
wat was the woodchips quote?

i loved chip. he was hysterical. "The sea is like...so...vast and...big." and summer's like "my date is real philosophical - the sea is big. wow."

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Fry said:
Marissa's line about Summer liking Seth reminded me of a similar line Sandra Bullock said to Benjamin Bratt in Miss Congeniality. rip-off or coincidence??
I noticed that was well. I think Marissa was just ripping of Summer and making a reference to the movie:).

Fry said:
yes, Luke is a secondary character so he's not going to be in every single episode, but I still don't understand why he is in the opening credits yet Summer is not. :confused:
I have the answer to that. I remember reading somewhere that Summer was originally superposed to be just a recurring character and hence she wasn't put into the opening credits:).

Fry said:
on a final note, there was a blatant flaw in this episode. at the end of the ep, Marissa and Ryan admitted they never slept with anyone before and Ryan asked if she snored, etc etc. uh hello..not only have they slept with someone before (not in a sexual sense), but they slept with each other when they were in Mexico. how could they have missed that?
Wow, I didn't pick up on that:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
welshi said:
yeah well then they would have slept over at ppl's houses before. they must have meant someone they were actually SLEEPING WITH, having stayed over afterwards. like ryan's line about crawling back into the front seat...
I took it to mean sleeping in the same bed as someone:).

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Merethrond said:
I took it to mean sleeping in the same bed as someone:).
metoo, because they have both obviously slept with someone before in the other sense

Cicciolina

HSC
Merethrond said:
I don't actually think she said it was a $2000 dress. They are just assuming that I think:)
The line was something like "Oh I forgot about this dress! My mum bought it for me at Beverly Hills". IT's a Missoni dress, and it was about $2000. It looks prettier in real life, not so nice on her actually.

I loved the "Am I just here for comic relief?" line by Seth :D Love Seth :D

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Cicciolina said:
The line was something like "Oh I forgot about this dress! My mum bought it for me at Beverly Hills". IT's a Missoni dress, and it was about $2000. It looks prettier in real life, not so nice on her actually.
Yeah, so she didn't actually say it is worth $2000 on the show. How do you know how much it is? Is it a famous dress or something:confused:?

Cicciolina said:
I loved the "Am I just here for comic relief?" line by Seth :D Love Seth :D
That was funny, and what made it funnier is that it was true. Seth is on the show for comic relief:D.

Cicciolina

HSC
Nup she doesn't actually say it's $2000 on the show at all, if that's the only thing I can get straight!
The dress is by an Italian designer with the label Missoni and yes it's a relatively well known brand and dress.
http://www.vogue.com.au/slides-images/imagefolder/slide-558/5583e683c42ea1a2.jpg
I saw it in Christensen Copenhagen in Double Bay for something like $2000 last year - that's what I meant.

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
Wow.. tonights episode was the funniest of all for me..so much irony!
The part where Marissa follows Ryan was a bit predictable though :S , but apart from that it was great!
Seth has finally got in with summer and yeh!
Seth is hilarious....

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
marissa is so freakn fake and doll like, evn i grant that shes pretty..

i dont care, if i were anna or summer, i'd let seth use me ne day teehee

Althea

Ah! Why did the episode have to end like that! I want to know what is going to happen (or not happen now!) between Seth/Summer or Seth/Anna!

I though the whole Thanksgiving situation was hilarious too! :)

.... but next week's episode looks rathering interesting ....

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
i heard that next week luke discover his father is gay?

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
Yeh it appears Lukes father is gay, but i dont understand why Ryan would be hanging out with him??
I always had the assumption that they were bitter enemy's?

Lol... i bet Kerry Packer is absolutely kicking himself about selling the OC to Channel 10!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)