the OC (1 Viewer)

Rinni

HSC
Tennille said:
I agree. I also think Sandy was a fantastic character. I will never forget him repeating the word "yogalates" earlier in the series.
lol yeah and I love the thing with uncle sam...
'could you be more vague'
'he knows ppl'
'you did it you were more vague'

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I missed it so i had to dload
it was alright

i like how they ended it with ryan and the kid and the flashbacks

goodbye OC :wave:

tennille

HSC
Rinni said:
lol yeah and I love the thing with uncle sam...
'could you be more vague'
'he knows ppl'
'you did it you were more vague'
Haha...I remember that. What about when Kaitlin was mocking Sandy in the final episode? Something about "schmeering".

kepler

HSC
I think that it is a really bad show. This is why they have axed it. I know lots of people watch it; but it seems like a ridiculous show. There are far better things to do or to watch.

Rinni

HSC
kepler said:
I think that it is a really bad show. This is why they have axed it. I know lots of people watch it; but it seems like a ridiculous show. There are far better things to do or to watch.
Why would you even bother coming into this thread just to bag it out?? We don't care if you like the show or not. Yes they cut the show after 4 seasons which is longer than many shows last these days...

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
Yeh, stupid people tend to do that, come into threads and then write crap about the show :p They're so stupid

J

jhakka

kepler said:
It is a shocking, unrealistic show, but it's still entertaining. That's why I got addicted to it. :p

*hopeful*

HSC
just saw the finale, i thought it was the best ep for season 4....everything was nice

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Tennille said:
Haha...I remember that. What about when Kaitlin was mocking Sandy in the final episode? Something about "schmeering".
Yeah :)
she mocked him saying "i schmered it for you"
that was said in that episode back earlier when ryan kept on having those visions of taylor with the soapy bucket, on roller skates and dancing on the table :p

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
was i the only one who thought the ending sucked? i watched most of season 4, and any one of those episodes was better... after the second last episode which was pretty good, last one was kind of a let down.

season 3 finale was way more emotional imo.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i thought it was really good..it was like closure haha..i think if they'd done something drastic and left us hanging at the end, that would really suck

bustinjustin

HSC
em_516 said:
i thought it was really good..it was like closure haha..i think if they'd done something drastic and left us hanging at the end, that would really suck
I second that. Watch the first episode, and you see everything comes full circle, Ryan making it after all, Julie stand on her own two feet, etc...

I reckon the finale was an antidote to all the exciting, but ridiculous drama of the season 3 finale, and the whole of season 3 altogether - guess they (Schwartz et al) thought we'd already had enough drama in Season 3, and really just needed plot development and closure to see out the show. Plus the way it went, with everyone leaving the O.C (except the Coopers, it seems), makes the whole rationale for the show redundant. In other words, there's no going back...

I guess that's the problem with teen dramas that start in high school - the show can't stay the same once they leave high school, and it totally goes to shit once they hit college (maybe why they all seemed to have deferred and Summer dropped out - remember Dawsons Creek? Anyone?)

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
haha i remember Dawsons Creek. I watched the final season during the summer holidays :p

Wow, how long has it been since the OC finito, like almost 3 wks. Thats heaps long. I dont even miss it -hmph- Oh wellz. I wonder if i should ask for the OC for my bday, maybe when the boxset of S1-4 comes out :D

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
Being a hardcore OC fan, I don't think there was much closure. The theresa issue was never dealt with... with the fact that her baby was most probably Ryans...blue eyes, blonde hair... cmon. How 'bout Trey? How come after he leaves in S2, we don't see how he pans out b/c he was a big part of Ryan's life.
The seth/sum wedding was too predictable. Swartz always favoured S/S since Seth was a reflection of himself... getting the girl in the end. They never gave RM a fighting chance. I mean, how quick did ryan move on after Marissa. And can we count how many times he said I love you to Taylor... like 3 in 1 year? and to marissa, once. through 3 years. The show was too rushed to conclude.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
and you know why? because it was getting too drawn out and crap :) i'm glad it ended

bustinjustin

HSC
What does everyone think of the OCs 'replacement' - the Josh Schwartz created "Gossip Girl"? I know it hasn't started yet, but just from the preview, it won't replace the OC for me. Didn't like the characters, they don't seem as strong and all seem to take themselves waay too seriously, how annoying. The premise of an all knowing voice-over narrator is annoying too (lead girl from Veronica Mars), for now.

Whereas the OC was fun, bright and yet subversive, Gossip Girl seems grey and dreary (thanks to the New York setting), and there doesn't seems to be any Sandy, Seth or Taylor-like comic relief. Different type of soundtrack too. Reminds me of Cruel Intentions, and I'm guessing it's more like Melrose Place, I think, whatever that was like.

Gossip Girl Preview

Last edited:

em_516

bludging..
HSC
it didn't say that did it? it just said from the creator of..
i read one of those books before, it was shit because every 2nd word was about a designer label and i'm not into that kind of thing, but that clip actually made it look good :eek: do you know when that comes out here?

bustinjustin

HSC
Yeah, josh schwartz is also exec producer.

Doesn't air in the states until their fall/our spring. It'll start out on Ch9 here next year (just like the OC did.... hmm... likewise, it would probably be more suited to ch10).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)