the OC (1 Viewer)

somnambulist

I just think The O.C. is the better Dawson's Creek and the teen Melrose Place or something. That being said, Mischa Barton isn't any better than Katie Holmes. Argh.

I sometimes question why I even watch this show. Heh. I skipped a few of the mid-season episodes because the Oliver storyline pissed the hell out of me but I did watch the finale and I've had that "Maybe I'm Amazed" song stuck in my head ever since. I love the Paul McCartney/Wings version though, so it's all good. :)

All of the girls at my school are in love with Adam Brody. Wasn't he voted 4th Sexiest Male in the world by People magazine recently? I think he's cute but not sexy or anything. I also think Seth is a poor man's Xander - really, he's not that funny. And Nick Brendan was way hotter than Adam is.

Damn you Peter Gallagher and Kelly Rowan for giving me a reason to keep watching! :p

fush

HSC
stuff reading waht happens just download the episodes, i have allready downloaded and seen the first 3 episodes of 2nd season...its good :)

Fry

somnambulist said:
I just think The O.C. is the better Dawson's Creek and the teen Melrose Place or something. That being said, Mischa Barton isn't any better than Katie Holmes. Argh.

All of the girls at my school are in love with Adam Brody. Wasn't he voted 4th Sexiest Male in the world by People magazine recently? I think he's cute but not sexy or anything. I also think Seth is a poor man's Xander - really, he's not that funny. And Nick Brendan was way hotter than Adam is.

Damn you Peter Gallagher and Kelly Rowan for giving me a reason to keep watching! :p
right on, bro. (or sis) Katie Holmes is so much better than Mischa in every way. if she left DC, the show would've gone down the drain. on The OC, they make out as if Mischa is the staple of the show, but if she left it wouldn't affect the popularity of the show cos her character is boring as hell. Seth is cute but not sexy. he's just lucky he gets all the best lines. Sandy is funnier, imo.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
somnambulist said:
Well I never watched Melrose Place and I was never really exposed to Dawson Creek until the last few seasons and I never really got into it. The O.C. is definitely much better in my opinion. Mischa Barton is definitely more pretty than Katie Holmes:p.

somnambulist said:
I sometimes question why I even watch this show. Heh. I skipped a few of the mid-season episodes because the Oliver storyline pissed the hell out of me
Yeah, I didn't like the Oliver storyline too much either, and I don't think many people I know did:).

somnambulist said:
Yeah, all the girls seem to like Adam Brody. When I actually question them why they think he is good looking, they seem to say it is more his personality than his looks. He definitely has funny lines and does them well, whether he is like that in real life is something I would like to know:).

somnambulist said:
Yeah, the parents storyline is just as good as the kids storyline, which is good because if you are not liking one then you can focus on the other:D.

Fry said:
right on, bro. (or sis) Katie Holmes is so much better than Mischa in every way. if she left DC, the show would've gone down the drain. on The OC, they make out as if Mischa is the staple of the show, but if she left it wouldn't affect the popularity of the show cos her character is boring as hell.
Although I definitely agree that Marissa is usually boring, I think that without her the show would be affected. I just don't think it would be the same without her, it would feel like there was something missing. I wonder if my opinion would be different if her character was not in the show from the beginning:).

Fry said:
Seth is cute but not sexy. he's just lucky he gets all the best lines. Sandy is funnier, imo.
I would say their humour is equal:).

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
I caved in and downloaded the first episode of the second series, and I'm not gonna spoil it for anybody, but what Marissa does next to the pool (hey, I said I wasn't gonna spoil it, not that I wasn't gonna tease you :D) lowers her hottness level a little.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Isn't tonights episode supposed to be a special called "The O.C. - Obsessed Completely", where they interview the cast and show behind the scenes footage? In the television guide and on the latest ads, they are saying that they are going straight to "The O.C. - Reloaded":(.

Fry

Merethrond said:
Although I definitely agree that Marissa is usually boring, I think that without her the show would be affected. I just don't think it would be the same without her, it would feel like there was something missing. I wonder if my opinion would be different if her character was not in the show from the beginning:).
i think your Mischa Barton obsession is affecting your judgement. she adds nothing to the show apart from the eye candy. sure, every teen soap needs a beauty drama queen and that's why you would feel like there was something missing, but if she was REPLACED by a different actor, the show would still be just as successful.

Merethrond said:
Isn't tonights episode supposed to be a special called "The O.C. - Obsessed Completely", where they interview the cast and show behind the scenes footage? In the television guide and on the latest ads, they are saying that they are going straight to "The O.C. - Reloaded":(.
i checked the online tv guides and apparently they're showing 'The Escape' instead which is the Tijuana episode. but don't fret, i think they will show Obsessed Completely in the future though.

Fry

Merethrond said:
Yeah, all the girls seem to like Adam Brody. When I actually question them why they think he is good looking, they seem to say it is more his personality than his looks. He definitely has funny lines and does them well, whether he is like that in real life is something I would like to know:).
in an interview, Adam said he is very similar to Seth in real life. i just watched him on Gilmore Girls the other day and the character he played on that show is EXACTLY like Seth. his mannerisms, the way he spoke, his personality...everything was the same.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Merethrond said:
damn, the tele guide says it's obsessed completely for 2 hrs.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Fry said:
i think your Mischa Barton obsession is affecting your judgement. she adds nothing to the show apart from the eye candy. sure, every teen soap needs a beauty drama queen and that's why you would feel like there was something missing, but if she was REPLACED by a different actor, the show would still be just as successful.
Haha, yeah, that is what I meant. You need her character in the show I think (I would have to see what it is like without the character), but yes, if they replaced her it would be fine:).

Fry said:
i checked the online tv guides and apparently they're showing 'The Escape' instead which is the Tijuana episode. but don't fret, i think they will show Obsessed Completely in the future though.
Yeah, and that is what Channel Ten are advertising, they have changed their mind:mad:! I was wondering why they were going to air it now though, because they aired two similar things (I am assuming they are the same) in America in the two weeks before season two started:).

Fry said:
in an interview, Adam said he is very similar to Seth in real life. i just watched him on Gilmore Girls the other day and the character he played on that show is EXACTLY like Seth. his mannerisms, the way he spoke, his personality...everything was the same.
Hmm, that is something I have noticed with most unrecognised actors (especially in dramas). They say that they are actors but all they are really doing is placing themselves in a situation and saying the lines:).

iambored said:
damn, the tele guide says it's obsessed completely for 2 hrs.
Hmm, I think that will turn out to be wrong. I think they originally were planing to air that but now they are airing "The O.C. - Reloaded":(.

Althea

Merethrond said:
Hmm, I think that will turn out to be wrong. I think they originally were planing to air that but now they are airing "The O.C. - Reloaded":(.
Yep, that's what I'm gathering anyway - in the TV Guide it did say 2 hours of complete O.C. obsession but now I think that the last hour is being taken by an Oprah special or something... :(.

Oh well, at least I get to watch the O.C. again (and yay! I think it is going to be the Trip to Tijuana episode!):D...
I'm hoping that at one point they will air the repeats of the episodes I missed during my exams :).

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
that's right, oprah makeover special is on, looks like oc special will have to wait

brody was in gilmore girls?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
***SPOILER***

Added space to help those people scrolling know :)

Hmm, anyone know why the s2ep4 wasnt shown last week ? :S and is it being shown this week? I really want to see what happens with the whole caleb thing, and that new lab partner is cute ;)

Last edited:

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Althea said:
Yeah, he played Lane's musical boyfriend Dave (I think, or David :confused:?).
Dave.

and asylum.. I don't know why.. but I want to know too.

edit: it'll be back next week- just watched the end of the 3rd ep.

Last edited:

Althea

^ Aww! Now I have to actually pay attention when I'm scrolling down to read posts so I don't reveal the spoiler... oh, I'm so tempted to (especially if it is in relevance to Season Two! But thanks for considering others... if only everyone would post spoilers this way their would be no more wrathful people on this board :).

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I dont know about you

the.oc.a.day.in.the.life.special
the.oc.obsess.completely.special

But those are the only two i know of, reloaded is channel specific i think.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha no those arent umm, TV listings *cough*
Theyve been umm 'downed' ;)

Theyre the ones from the US. Two Specials. I dont know what reloaded is, i think its just Channel Ten's way of keeping interest and perhaps negotiating for the two specials.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Althea said:
Oh well, at least I get to watch the O.C. again (and yay! I think it is going to be the Trip to Tijuana episode!):D...
I'm hoping that at one point they will air the repeats of the episodes I missed during my exams :).
Hmm, I don't really like watching repeats unless it has been a while since I saw them (with comedy shows being the exception). I find it boring when I know what is going to happen but after a year to two you forget some things and so it is good again:).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)