• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

the OC (1 Viewer)

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i dont think they would advertise the new series till they have finished the repeats
it just doesnt make sense right now to advertise the next series
the oc is still in our heads coz we are seeing ads for the reloaded stuff
so its not like it is out of our minds like other shows.

Amryllis

HSC
The whole "The OC Reloaded" thing is so lame. Channel 10 keeps trying to be cool and it's so not working.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
Amryllis said:
The whole "The OC Reloaded" thing is so lame. Channel 10 keeps trying to be cool and it's so not working.
lol... so true i only watched the chrismukkah episode of reloaded
coz i want to have chrismukkah
they should have just got straight into season two
and skipped the reloaded crap

Fry

first of all 10 aren't showing repeats cos they're trying to be 'cool'...that's just absurd. they're doing it cos they wanna get more people into the show over the holidays. in other words, they're trying to convert people into OC addicts. plus, they're doing it for those who missed out on any of the episodes. i know the latter reason is hard to believe as television networks rarely give a damn about their viewers, but i'd make an exception with 10. they have shown a lot of support for teen shows and they don't screw around with tv shows as much as 7 or 9. secondly, ratings are the most important thing to tv networks and 10 can't just jump straight into s2. The OC's ratings have improved significantly since it first aired and now it is one of 10's most prized shows, therefore, they wanna show it during the ratings period and allow it to compete against other shows. finally, y'all should be glad that they're even showing repeats at all. it's all fine and dandy for those who have seen all the episodes but what about those who missed out due to uncontrollable forces? show a little compassion. another point i would like to add is the fact that like mizz smee, i can't stand watching OC repeats either and this just demonstrates that The OC isn't really one of those shows that is worth a repeated viewing cos it lacks any real depth and ain't all that compelling. well, duh, it's a soapie! i can watch some other shows heaps of times without getting sick of it, but with The OC i can only stand watching fresh eppies. ok, i think ive rambled on enough. laterz..

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Fry said:
another point i would like to add is the fact that like mizz smee, i can't stand watching OC repeats either and this just demonstrates that The OC isn't really one of those shows that is worth a repeated viewing cos it lacks any real depth and ain't all that compelling. well, duh, it's a soapie! i can watch some other shows heaps of times without getting sick of it, but with The OC i can only stand watching fresh eppies. ok, i think ive rambled on enough. laterz..
I don't watch The O.C. repeats either but that is just me. I don't ever watch repeats of shows I have seen or re-watch movies heaps of times like some people do, unless it has been a long time since I did and I have forgotten most of what happened in it. Comedy is an exception because they have humour, which tends not to get old as easily:).

Amryllis

HSC
Merethrond said:
I don't watch The O.C. repeats either but that is just me. I don't ever watch repeats of shows I have seen or re-watch movies heaps of times like some people do, unless it has been a long time since I did and I have forgotten most of what happened in it. Comedy is an exception because they have humour, which tends not to get old as easily:).
I agree with that. I'm not into watching things more than once unless I haven't seen it for a while.

As for Fry's comment about bagging out Channel 10 for showing repeats, that's not what I meant. I think repeats are fine, I just don't like how they advertise it in such a cheesy manner. I don't think Channel 10 is showing repeats coz it cares that some people might have missed these particular episodes, they're showing these ones because they think that these episodes are more appealing. You don't see them running the show from the beginning coz that would be a waste of time.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Modest Mouse is playing in the next The O.C. episode:cool:! I really like what they are doing, having bands play live every couple of episodes:D.

wanton-wonton

HSC
This is what I gathered from watching Season 2 Preview, a friend sent me.

Marissa is going to start a lesbian relationship with some woman

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Oh please...as much as you want that to happen, wanton, it's not gonna happen.

Hate to break it to you.

wanton-wonton

HSC
That's fine, I don't even give a shit about the show, I'm just posting for the sake of the ones who are interested.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
Mm_cookies said:
actually ive heard alot of those rumours! a friend of mine who lives in the us said it happened! but i thought she was pulling my leg!!!
!
stop it with the spoilers
i am so glad i have downloaded the episodes right now

this was invented for a reason

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Amryllis said:
You don't see them running the show from the beginning coz that would be a waste of time.
No actually, they didn't start "OC reloaded" from the beginning cos awhile back channel 9 aired the first 3 eps, which failed to pick up ratings then got axed. A yr or so later, ch 10 picked it up and aired it from the beginning. Summer came along, and ch 10 began reloaded from episode 4.

Off-topic, I'm sorry to say.. but OTH kicks the OC's ass BIG TIME ^.^

Fry

Amryllis said:
As for Fry's comment about bagging out Channel 10 for showing repeats, that's not what I meant. I think repeats are fine, I just don't like how they advertise it in such a cheesy manner. I don't think Channel 10 is showing repeats coz it cares that some people might have missed these particular episodes, they're showing these ones because they think that these episodes are more appealing. You don't see them running the show from the beginning coz that would be a waste of time.

sorry i haven't been watching tv for a while so i haven't seen the ads. correct me if im wrong but i thought they were showing the episodes in order but just starting from the middle of the season.

Fry

Annegelic said:
No actually, they didn't start "OC reloaded" from the beginning cos awhile back channel 9 aired the first 3 eps, which failed to pick up ratings then got axed. A yr or so later, ch 10 picked it up and aired it from the beginning. Summer came along, and ch 10 began reloaded from episode 4.

Off-topic, I'm sorry to say.. but OTH kicks the OC's ass BIG TIME ^.^
i don't remember them airing episode 4.

i still haven't seen a whole episode of OTH yet. i fell asleep watching the pilot, but ill try to tune into next week's episode.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I am now up-to-date with the American episodes, just in time to see Modest Mouse play in the new episode airing tonight (although we are in front of America time wise so I probably won't get to see it until tomorrow night):).

Amryllis

HSC
I didn't realise they started the Reloaded thing from episode 4. I haven't actually sat down to watch the re-runs. From the ads it looked more like they were showing episodes from the middle of the season in chronological order but skipping some episodes.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i love the fact that they have the bait shop in the new series. i like seeing all the bands there and is better then them just being at school or at home. i love alex though i think the is a really interesting character. i didnt think this was really a spoiler but better to do it anyways

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
mizz_smee said:
i love the fact that they have the bait shop in the new series. i like seeing all the bands there and is better then them just being at school or at home. i love alex though i think the is a really interesting character. i didnt think this was really a spoiler but better to do it anyways
Yeah, as I said before I think it is a great idea to have all the bands playing. Alex is that beautiful that I don't think I can take it:p.

What about Jimmy, what is he thinking? Julie is just going to screw him over again:(.

Last edited:

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
Merethrond said:
Yeah, as I said before I think it is a great idea to have all the bands playing. Alex is that beautiful that I don't think I can take it:p.
lol i wasnt refering to her being hot but i think she is very pretty anyway but i love her character she is not like the other characters on the oc and personally i would love to have her wardrobe and style. As for lyndsay i hope she gets better she is a bit to plain and good at the moment but i spose there has to be one... and dj well i just love the scenes where he has no shirt on :p does this mean that Alex takes over as being the hottest chick on the oc?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
mizz_smee said:
lol i wasnt refering to her being hot but i think she is very pretty anyway but i love her character she is not like the other characters on the oc and personally i would love to have her wardrobe and style. As for lyndsay i hope she gets better she is a bit to plain and good at the moment but i spose there has to be one... and dj well i just love the scenes where he has no shirt on :p does this mean that Alex takes over as being the hottest chick on the oc?
Yeah, I know you weren't referring to her in that way. Yeah, she is very funky and I like her attitude. I think her character is refreshing after the typical girlie characters of Marissa, Summer, Anna and Lindsay. Alex not only takes over as the hottest girl in The O.C. but as the hottest girl in Hollywood I would say:D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)