The Offical Tennis thread (1 Viewer)

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Juan Carlos!!!

Ferrero should have won 6-4 6-3 6-1.....he was up a break in the 1st 2 sets but Marat just put the pressure on. Marat only turns up to play at the grand slams now :rolleyes:

It was one of those weird matches were I think overall Ferrero played better, he actually won more points and had a better winner/unforced error ratio but Marat just won the important points....if only he had gotten one of those breakers!!

I'm so devestated

Rafael must win now because even though I love Safin I'm little pissed at him now...i'm sure i'll get over in a a day or 2 and i will resume going for him.

Mauresmo you fucking headcase

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Yeeess!!! Go Safin! Wouldn't Federer be pissed if you came from nowhere and got the second grand slam too!

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I hate Roland Garros!!! All my favs are losing!!

Kim lost after being up 6-1 3-1 but seeing as she almost didn't play Roland Garros and I like Lindsay i'm not that upset.

Elena D lost to the the other Elena :( :(

Sharapova is winning her match :( :(

The only good news was that Mary won!! I love Mary, i'm so glad she is having the great results she deserves.

Roland Garros is usually full of suprises but this yr the womens seeds have fell everywhere!!

Amelie 3rd seed- lost to Ivanovic
Elena 4th seed- lost to Elena. L in the 4th round
Myskina- 6th seed- lost to I don't even remember who but she lost in the lst round
Patty 8th seed lost to Mary in the 4th round

Add to that Clijsters and Venus and its crazzzzzzy.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Why do you like Amelie again? I wouldn't mind her personally, because I have a soft spot for les Français, but it's depressing to see women that are more manly than I'll ever be :(

sarevok

HSC
Federer's into the quarters, repeating his previous best result. I'll be so happy if he wins Roland Garros.

That Grosjean v Nadal match was insane. The crowd went absolutely crazy for about five minutes because the umpire refused to check a mark when Grosjean request he did so. Then they started booing Nadal when he went to serve etc. I hope Nadal comes out and thrashes Grosjean when the match resumes.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Holy shit... the list of today is huge.

Marat :(
Gaudio
Coria

Henin-Hardenne also went to the brink before coming back to save 2 matches and win. At this rate we could be left with a VERY uninteresting final in the men's again. Or rather, we will be, because there's no way Federer or Nadal will lose to anyone on the bottom half of the draw now.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
crazy day of upsets yesterday. I keep on thinking if Ferrero would have won he would have had a nice path to the final now but i'm not going to lament.

I like Amelie cause she is only one of the nicest players I have met. She is sooo talented. I just wish she would get her head together.

I would love to see Mary beat Lindsay and make the semis and i would love to see Sesil make the semis, she is only 15. The last time a player made the semis at a grand slam at 15 was Martina Hingis at the US OPEN in '96 and we all know she did great things.

If that was the semi final i would be torn on who i wanted to win but I think Mary would win maybe based on her experience.

The other half of the draw. I want a Ana/Justine semi but I hope Ana plays a little better then she did in Warsaw against Justine. It would be great if Justine was in the final just to cap off a great season. I'm not even a fan of hers.

I don't think the Mens final would necessarily be uninteresting. Davydenko has had great results of late, so had Tommy. They are all quality players. Plus this is what Roland Garros is about. Upsets. If u want all the seeded players winning watch Wimbledon or the AO (the semi-finals were the top 4 seeds for the men).

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
It is all about upsets, but more often than not the underdogs go down in the end, I think last year was an exception. The other occasion I can think of is Hingis losing to Iva Majoli(sp?), but that hardly counts. She had her personal issues for that match.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Ben? No way you will always be jim_green to me!!!!!!!!!

Ahh if only Hingis had won that match then she would have won the grandslam in '97.

Personal issues??? I think her personal issues were in the final against Graf in '99.

In '97 she was injured she fell off her horse and she almost didn't play the FO but I don't remember any personal problems.

Yes, I am a die-hard Martina fan...although not one that is so deluded to think that she is going to come back (ok well maybe i am) :D

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Petrova def Ana 6-2 6-2 :( . Ana seems to have these days where she is just totally out of sorts and it seems to be one of those days. How fucking funny would it be if Petrova's first tournament win was Roland Garros..ahaha. I doubt that will happen though cause Justine/Maria will beat her in the semi.

Sesil vs Elena.L 6-2 4-6 3-3...no one seems to be able to hold freaking serve in this match..come on the Sesil!!

Omg i can't believe she might be in the freaking semis of Roland Garros. I hope she doesn't get the Roland Garros Semifinalist curse though :eek:

Justine has the break against Maria in the lst set and leads 3-2

I don't really like Justine but after reading her post-match press conference I totally want her to make the final...

Q. Just after the final matchpoint, you looked at the sky and raised your hands. Can you say something about that?

JUSTINE H-H: "Yes, this is something very deep. It's difficult for me to find the words. I know that she is with me; I know that she will never let me down during that tournament." (reffering to her mum, who died when she was 14)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I'm also a diehard Martina fan. :D I was so excited earlier this year when she made that 1 match comeback, but sadly it all came to nought. *sigh* I WAS deluded into thinking she'd make a comeback, but after her loss to Weingartner I don't think she will.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Ohh the Sesilator lost 2-6 6-4 6-4...but maybe its better she didn't make the semis..i don't want her to suffer from the curse.

I'm still a more deluded Martina fan cause I STILL think she might come back.....she is playing loads of exhibitions and is playing WTT against all top 40 opponents and playing 6 matches. More then anyone else....seems to me she is trying to find out her form...if only. I loved watching her matches at the AO esp. Totally classic. Although i'm still not over the 2002 final :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Juju takes the lst set :)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
And how is she doing against these top 40 players? I'd love to see her come back, but surely time is no longer on her side. I remember watching her win her first Australian Open years and years ago when I first became interested in tennis. She was 16, and I even though I knew it must have been some special feat, I didn't come to appreciate how impressive it was until after she retired at age 22 or 23. Come back Martina, we and the WTA tour miss you.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
She is going to play in July so I suppose we will see then. It's pretty good line up too.

Mary won! Yay!! I still can't believe its a Mary vs Elena L semi final though...not to disrespect the girls but it looks like a tier3 semi. Kim you freaking choker. This was a great opportunity to make the final!! and perhaps even win because Petrova is a choker and Justine is injured right now.

Well at least we all got one of the mens semis' we wanted. Roger vs Rafael. I don't think any1 even cares about the other semi because this is the final. Whoever wins this will deservedly win the title, just by merit of having beaten their semi opponent.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Day 10 of the French Open is surely going to have the lowest spectactor turn out for the tournament. Not much to see other than Davydenko vs Robredo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)