The Official 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread (1 Viewer)

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
Booyah. And Kewell is apparently pulling up well too. Australia might be in with a chance of making it out of the group stage after all.
We have to score a goal first, can't see it happening tbh

EDIT: take that back, advancing with 3 points and three 0-0 draws is mathematically possible

ATAR_boy

HSC
Ghana's preparations won't be affected without 'The Bison' Michael Essien. They did fairly well in the African Cup of Nations, finishing runners up with quite a number of U-19 and U-20's players in Midfield and Defence.

I'm still confused as to why Cambiasso is not part of Argentina's squad. Holland are the dark-horses of this world-cup, hopefully we get to see the in-form Robben; Sneijder and VDV playing together!

Prediction for Final 8: Spain, Brazil, England, Argentina, France, Germany, possibly one of the African Nations, USA/Uruguay. :cool:

ATAR_boy

HSC
We have to score a goal first, can't see it happening tbh

EDIT: take that back, advancing with 3 points and three 0-0 draws is mathematically possible
The Aussies are capable of pulling off a win against Serbia, even if they have Vidic at CB.
And considering the aussies play Germany first-up, we could profit from some rusty opposition. As for Ghana, they are a growing team, who have players that can score that decisive goal but inexperience may cost them a chance in the last 16. :cool:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I reckon South Korea or North Korea is gonna do well, have a feeling.

kyokaku92

HSC
Ghana's preparations won't be affected without 'The Bison' Michael Essien. They did fairly well in the African Cup of Nations, finishing runners up with quite a number of U-19 and U-20's players in Midfield and Defence.

I'm still confused as to why Cambiasso is not part of Argentina's squad. Holland are the dark-horses of this world-cup, hopefully we get to see the in-form Robben; Sneijder and VDV playing together!

Prediction for Final 8: Spain, Brazil, England, Argentina, France, Germany, possibly one of the African Nations, USA/Uruguay. :cool:
I read that Cambiasso hasn't featured in any of Argentina's qualifiers and I'm guessing Maradona the players that qualified the team. Either that or Mascherano (who I think is overrated) has been sleeping with Maradona.

My predictions for top 8: Spain, England, Brazil, France, Holland, Denmark to upset Italy in the r16, Australia/Serbia/USA (one of the 3) and Mexico/Sth Korea/Argentina (one of the 3)

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
The Aussies are capable of pulling off a win against Serbia, even if they have Vidic at CB.
And considering the aussies play Germany first-up, we could profit from some rusty opposition. As for Ghana, they are a growing team, who have players that can score that decisive goal but inexperience may cost them a chance in the last 16. :cool:
That's not really the point. The fact is that we have no idea how to attack, Pim will park the bus and Culina will backpass all night.

Also, Zigic, Jovanovic and the rest will cut our aging defence to bits.

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC

Portugal

CheesePlease

Cheese Dreams!
HSC
I reckon South Korea or North Korea is gonna do well, have a feeling.
South Korea maybe. North Korea really are the whipping boys of the tournament. In a group with Brazil, Portugal and the Ivory Coast they'll be lucky to score.

CheesePlease

Cheese Dreams!
HSC
Until Kewell picks up his compulsory season ending injury sometime in the next two weeks.

ATAR_boy

HSC
walcott snubbed
Good to hear. SWP, Lennon & Cole are better than him atm. Walcott is a massive talent but he needs consistency and by the time the 2012 Euro Championships come around, he will be one of England's star players, as well as Adam Johnson.

Personally, 1. Heskey isnt really needed by England 2. Picking Carrick was harsh to Scott Parker who had a more-than-decent season at Upton Park 3. Dawson should be in the 23 instead of Upson as he had an awesome season at Spurs. :cold:

CheesePlease

Cheese Dreams!
HSC
Unlucky for Williams but overall I'm fairly happy with the squad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)