The Official 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread (1 Viewer)

johony

HSC
that 'let's all play some football' ad on SBS is so so fucking good

johony

HSC
it's cheesy, but i like it

the 2010 NRL ad is far gayer lololol

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
South Efrika must've recently been invaded by a plague of locusts huh?

that's one massive massive stadium btw

Jessica14

HSC
And a good football stadium. Nothing like any of the large ones we have here. Those vuvuzelas must sound very loud. The enclosed space won't help.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
0-0 h/t, entertaining match

safrican goalie is pretty good

i'm gonna predict a close call between mexico and france for 2nd in this group, after uruguay

Jessica14

HSC
Some very good offside calls by the AR on the Mexican attacking side. The disallowed goal is such a little known and rarely recognised part of the offside rule.

Jessica14

HSC
yes you too can obtain commentator status if you hack down players and be a down right cunt.
He's been quite calm, cool and collected this game. I guess there's no real reason to get excited. Maybe SBS sedated him...

Jessica14

HSC
what rarely recognised part? (not watching match)
Should watch it, it's not a bad match. To answer your question, the keeper was out of the goals, but there was a defender on the goal line. The Mexican striker was behind the keeper (that is, between the goal line and the keeper) and was called offside when he played the ball. The argument was that he was kept onside by the defender on the goal line -- not the case. That defender was the last defender, and the keeper became the second last defender. It is the position of the second last defender that is taken into account when determining offside, not the last one.

On a another note, brilliant goal by South Africa. Great run and top corner!

mes ami

HSC
oh that one. lol. offside rules dont faze me. im so used to knowing even in matches that it never occurs to me whats rarely recognised.

Jessica14

HSC
It doesn't usually happen and Khune made the mistake there of coming out to far and doing nothing to retrieve the ball. Although, he did just make a brilliant save.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)