The Official 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread (1 Viewer)

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
my multi last night:

japan 1-0
italy 1-1
netherlands 3-1

FUCK netherlands

kyokaku92

HSC
IMO best matches of the World Cup so far has to be between

Sth Africa 1-1 Mexico
Argentina 1-0 Nigeria

Very disappointed for the Aussies but after watching that game I don't think we even had a chance even with our "best 11". Looks like Serbia or Ghana do not stand a chance against them... I had never heard of Ozil before the match and now he looks like a major superstar in the making. All I can say is that now Germany is out of the way, bring on the Serbs and Ghana....

Daisuke

HSC
This is an entirely unrelated post, but I hope SBS will still have coverage of the 2014 World Cup. I'm scared that the idiots at channel 7 or 9 who know nothing about the game probably have more funds to pay for the rights.... I hope the World Cup will continue to be on SBS because if not then that's fucked. They're the only people who actually care about football in this country. It's so depressing when you see all the other networks not even giving a shit about football.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
This is an entirely unrelated post, but I hope SBS will still have coverage of the 2014 World Cup. I'm scared that the idiots at channel 7 or 9 who know nothing about the game probably have more funds to pay for the rights.... I hope the World Cup will continue to be on SBS because if not then that's fucked. They're the only people who actually care about football in this country. It's so depressing when you see all the other networks not even giving a shit about football.
If you remember the 2002 world cup it was largely shown on channel 9 (or 7, cant remember now). I assume this to be because the matches were being played at aussie prime time, since japan/korea are only 2 hours behind us. So I dont think they would be much interested in showing a world cup until at least 2022 if we happen to win the rights to host it, since otherwise its not worth it for them since they want to win the prime time audience ratings not the 4am audience.

onur91

HSC
N/A
It will probably be broadcast on SBS in 2014 because it will be held in Brazil, channel 7 and 9 won't be broadcasting the matches if it's not in the primetime slot. Brazil is about 13 hours behind us.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
I cannot imagine the WC without SBS, fuck me if 7, 9 or 10 ever get it

CheesePlease

Cheese Dreams!
HSC
personally i don't watch much of the swiss or dutch leagues, but i think playing moore and chipperfield together is a liability.
Just because they're old doesn't mean they are a liability. It just so happens Moore is one, Chippers is still fine. In fact he looked BOG against Denmark when he was playing, all the attack went through him and he still did well getting back.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
hahahaha roflroflrofl

For further WC lolz refer to this vid:

YouTube - Hilarious Daniele De Rossi Diving Italy vs Paraguay FIFA World Cup 2010

aka: how to win a world cup
If you watch it on slow mo its pretty obvious the paraguay players left foot cliped his ankle with his studs. I know my first reaction was he dived but when you focus on the paraguay players foot rather than De Rossi its obvious he was clipped.

On the topic of Italy, despite the 1-1 result I think they looked a lot better than I expected. For probably the first world cup of recent times, their attack looks far better than their defence. Pepe is a beast and played pretty well and I felt once Camoranesi got subbed in they pretty much dominated the match. Once Pirlo is back in the 3rd match I think their attack will be pretty decent, only problem is they'll likely conceed a lot of goals unlike the Italy that won the 2006 world cup purely due to their defence being exposed so much. The problem with the result is its very likely Paraguay and Italy will finish the group on 7 points each and it will come down to goal difference to determine who gets 1st place.

Last edited:

Daisuke

HSC
If you watch it on slow mo its pretty obvious the paraguay players left foot cliped his ankle with his studs. I know my first reaction was he dived but when you focus on the paraguay players foot rather than De Rossi its obvious he was clipped.
Nice excuse and bias trying to defend the Italians. Typical of a user with the name 'acmilan'.

Last edited:

CheesePlease

Cheese Dreams!
HSC
He got a tiny tiny little tap and went down as if someone sniped him in the chest from the stands. All for players drawing free-kicks and making sure the refs see them, but that was just plain ugly cheating.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
He got a tiny tiny little tap and went down as if someone sniped him in the chest from the stands. All for players drawing free-kicks and making sure the refs see them, but that was just plain ugly cheating.
Unlike blatant dives, he didnt claim a foul nor did the ref book him which indicates he didnt find it to be a dive. As someone thats seen an achilles snap in person while playing from a similar 'tiny tap' I can tell you theres definite temporary pain that comes from getting half a boot of studs into your ankle.

And lol @ bias based on my 7 year old username. I dont support acmilan nor do I think Italy will even come close to winning it. I'm fairly indifferent over who wins tbh. Here's more bias: Grosso dived vs Aus in 2006, Gilardino is a disgusting diver, Zidane shouldnt have been sent off in the final. I agree with those, not with De Rossi.

Edit: Anyways, since I dont post much and probably wont be back for a few days, initial thoughts with most of the 1st round done:
- Looking like a low scoring tournament in general
- Impressions of the 'favourites' so far:
* Netherlands didnt seem too impressive in their first match, I hope they improve in upcoming games cause they're my personal favourites
* Argentina impressed, hope they dont choke
* Italy probably wont go far with their downfall being they will likely conceed goals and not have the strikers to make up for it
* Brazil is yet to play but I dont have high hopes
* Spain is yet to play, hoping for their sake they dont choke

Overall I think Netherlands will make it this year.

Last edited:

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Ghana 2 - 0 Australia

Cahill red carded, Australia squad is sooooo poor and the coach makes it worse. 2006 World Cup team was much more solid especially with a world class coach Hiddink in charge (this man can do miracles).

Australia should be glad to get anything out of this world cup, i hope it doesnt mean Australia pulls out or is unsuccessful in the world cup bid though :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)