The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy_B

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
I thought the word "despicable" was harsh, as many who knew him felt he was a wonderful person.

yeah, like the wife he used to beat black and blue, or all the darkies who he wanted out of football. he was a cunt alive and it doesnt change just because he died. turn it up with all this he was a wonderful person shit, you guys are heroworshipping an unsavoury cunt for his football abilities despite never having seen him play.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
I havent been worshipping George Best, but recognising and respecting him. So what if I hadnt seen him play? Did you see him belt up his wife? Or just listen to her claims not unlike any other model-slut in Britain? Yes I oppose his racist comments, but for someone who held Pele in so high a regard as a player, perhaps he could be forgiven. And sorry for trusting the opinions of people no less esteemed than Michael Parkinson.

George Best was no angel. But for Leeds, Pool and City fans to boo during a minute of respect is "despicable". As for those who slag off his legacy, they are not much better.

Last edited:

Glenn198718

George Best manchester united won for you on last night well done on a great career and rest in peace mate.

Jimmy_B

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Did you see him belt up his wife? Or just listen to her claims not unlike any other model-slut in Britain?
yeah that's not stereotyping. his wife went to the cop shop but didnt press charges. he beat up another chick he was fucking as well if i recall correctly.

Yes I oppose his racist comments, but for someone who held Pele in so high a regard as a player, perhaps he could be forgiven.
the pele who he once said was "not bad for a nigger." fuck, sounds like some respect there.

And sorry for trusting the opinions of people no less esteemed than Michael Parkinson.
the expert on sport was parky? the guy who said that darren gough was better than wasim akram or that george graham would never win anything as a manager?

or maybe you were talking about a character reference from parky, in which case there are plenty of people who say otherwise.

George Best was no angel. But for Leeds, Pool and City fans to boo during a minute of respect is "despicable".
so, all clubs have tosspot football fans. maybe they just didnt give a shit about bestie and his legacy?

As for those who slag off his legacy, they are not much better
you like that high horse don't you? maybe it's time you get off .

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Benny_ said:
W00t! Bolton goes down to Fulham, which means Liverpool will go to 4th if we beat Sunderland midweek. Finally!
:( European hangover

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
George Best was a cunt, end of story. I've read that he didn't sign autographs and was a dick his fans. Best is comparable to Garrincha, in that they were awesome players who battled alcoholism and drug abuse, but at least Garrincha signed autographs.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Komit said:
George Best was a cunt, end of story. I've read that he didn't sign autographs and was a dick his fans. Best is comparable to Garrincha, in that they were awesome players who battled alcoholism and drug abuse, but at least Garrincha signed autographs.
Where, pray tell did you read that?

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
ned zelic said:
i'm glad to see that some clubs gave the old fucking delapatded hack drunkard the sending off he deserved - booing. man city and liverpool fans as well as the leeds game vs milwall which i was listening to, gave the old cunt the two fingered salute. good ridance to the old piss head tosser who deprived some good person of a liver
fuck you georgie best...
Now if Im all high and mighty because I think this is a load of shit, well I'll stay on my high horse, coz its a better place than rubbishing the recently departed. Im sorry that I looked past a mans mistakes, and read how accommodating he was to many people. If Im on my high horse because I dont think this is appropriate, then Im probably not alone. I just did the same thing you did when you judged George Best yourself in such a negative way, especially as we have never met the man, we hardly know his faults and gifts as well as we need to to make character judgements, and we source all that we know about him from the media. If Im on my "high horse", then Im hardly alone.

Jimmy_B

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Now if Im all high and mighty because I think this is a load of shit, well I'll stay on my high horse, coz its a better place than rubbishing the recently departed. Im sorry that I looked past a mans mistakes, and read how accommodating he was to many people. If Im on my high horse because I dont think this is appropriate, then Im probably not alone. I just did the same thing you did when you judged George Best yourself in such a negative way, especially as we have never met the man, we hardly know his faults and gifts as well as we need to to make character judgements, and we source all that we know about him from the media. If Im on my "high horse", then Im hardly alone.
i think you meant to quote me there mate.

and you seem to misunderstand my message. my point was, why is this such a big deal to people considering how much of a douche bestie was from a lot of his actions.

i can understand showing some iota of respect for him as a player, if you actually saw him play, but in the case of anyone here that can't be a reason.

you misunderstood what i was saying and decided to lump me into the same category of scumbag who booed during his minutes silence, which i why i said you were sitting on your high horse. there's a big difference between having no respect and showing blatant disrespect and that's what you accused me of.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Jimmy_B said:
yeah, like the wife he used to beat black and blue, or all the darkies who he wanted out of football. he was a cunt alive and it doesnt change just because he died. turn it up with all this he was a wonderful person shit, you guys are heroworshipping an unsavoury cunt for his football abilities despite never having seen him play.
Why would Pele show such respect fo Best if he called him a nigger...? Or Eusebio in that case. You're prob only lookin at one side of the story and makin yo judgementz based on that. I by no meanz heroworship him cauz I haven't seen enough of him, but from the footagez I've seen of him he iz one heck of a footballer. Media manipulatez readerz to believe what they want you to believe, and that by no meanz iz the real truth. If Best waz simply a cunt, I'd doubt there would be such a reaction to hiz death.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
No I didnt mean to quote you, this was the quote that got my back up most.

Anyway, Ive thought about it a bit more, and I dont have a huge problem with Leeds fans booing so much anymore. Perhaps thats how Best would have wanted to be remembered by his old enemy. Its as much of a sign of respect for a player that gave them so much heartache as was the cheering at Molineaux and by the Red Devils faithful. But when that booing turns into disrespect (an oxymoron, innit? My head is fucked. I cannae explain myself too well right now, but an example of what I mean is the ned zelic post), well, it can get taken too far.

Anyway, its over, and Im sick of talking about it, specially as I feel tops after the weekend (even tho Celtic lost...). We cant really judge George Best's character, can we? Its up to God now.

btw, I think Im beginning to look like a closet Red Devils fan. So heres a joke:

Three men were sitting in a bar watching the match on the television. One was a Manchester United fan, one was Leeds United fan and one was a Liverpool fan. They notice a small Piranha inside large fishbowl. Also in the fishbowl is a $100 note. The Liverpool fan says, "Hey, can I have the $100?!"

The barman says, "If you can get it out, sure!" The Liverpool fan sticks in his hand and tries to get it out, but the Piranha promptly bites two of his fingers off. The Leeds fan has a crack at it, but only just manages to get his hand out before the Piranha tries to do the same to him.

Then the Manchester United fan sticks his hand in and gets the $100 out on his first attempt. The Leeds and Liverpool fans are dismayed at how he got the $100 out. Then the Leeds fan says, "Hey, that's why!" while pointing at the Manchester United fan's hand.

Sure enough, tattooed on his hand were the words, "Glory Glory Glory Manchester United. Champions forever".

The Leeds fan explained, "So that's how! Not even a Piranha would swallow that amount of bullshit!"

Diddimz

HSC
Jimmy_B said:
From speaking to people who played alongside him for lions and some who were still friends with him til the day he died, they say he was an absolute gentleman, he had his problems, just as everyone does, but he shouldnt be rememebered for these, just remember him for the magic he performed on the pitch more then anything.

nedzelic

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
I was not sad at the news of george bests death, neither did I have a lot of sympathy for him, but calling him "despicable" human, a cunt, et cetera is very harsh. Have some respect. On most accounts he was a well mannered, honest and decent person. He more or less killed himself but that is how he wanted to live his life, and rather than feeling sorry for himself or blame it on others, he accepted his death as his fault. It was nice to see a minute of silence for him at Celtic Park. RIP George Best

Not the fucking result tho. Sutton, Hartson, Camara, Bobo and Thommo may as well have not played, and its a sad day when Telfer is your best on field. I still cant believe we lost to a team that had lost seven on the trot. I hope to see Hibs beat the blue nosed fucks and keep the gap at 15. The three horse race (Celtic Hibs and Hearts :p) is intensifying.
the hoops deprived me of a very hansome sum of money. i got 9/10 results correctly...the one i fukced being celtic, at home to the the basement boys; it was an absolute banker if ever i saw one. can't say i have been betting on my own 'gers recently...fucking embarassing. but we will beat inter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nedzelic

HSC
geeze, looks like i started a fire in here...just trying to be contraversial

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Benny_ said:
I tend to disagree with people who think the media have blown his death out of proportion on the basis that he wasn't the best 'role model'. The media doesn't care if you were a good person, the media cares if you have a good story. George Best had the very best of stories: a tragic hero god blessed with not only a talent on the field that transcended club and country rivalries, but also good looks and charm off it to waltz from the bed of one Miss World to another's- all the while battling his inner demons. His trade was football, but his life was that of a rock star. The sheer enormity of his presence on and off the field made him as much of an icon of the 60s to the footballing world as The Beatles or Woodstock. Just as the world had mourned the death of John Lennon and George Harrison, the footballing world mourned the death of Georgie Best. Not so surprising really.

As for all those who'd pass judgment on the recently deceased, give the guy a break for god's sake. It needs to be acknowledged that alcoholism is a disease, and George Best probably did his best to fight it. In the end, his will power wasn't enough, but nevertheless on the hour of his pass he doesn't deserve such crucifixion.
thats true, agreed

Jimmy_B said:
substance abuser,wife beater, racist? he was a cunt and just because he is dead doesnt make him any less so. and being arguably britains most talented player ever doesnt change it either. he fucked himself up, took a donated liver from someone and decided to spend his second chance at life on the pisser.

from all the coverage his death has been receiving you'd think princess di had died again. i don't see how i was being harsh on him or why i should respect him either.
princess di? in his day (and what time people relate Best to) he was supposedly bigger than princess di

substance abuser - alcoholic, it's a problem, but he came from shit and then had money, who the hell wouldnt turn to alcohol?

wife beater - go back in time and see how many women were beaten. It's wrong, but hell, many many people (men) did it, and it's all because of the alcohol

racist cunt - it's not right, but the depending on the time it was possibly used
more often

in better news :p -

Benny_ said:
W00t! Bolton goes down to Fulham, which means Liverpool will go to 4th if we beat Sunderland midweek. Finally!
haha! yes, im so watching it

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
nedzelic said:
ronnie gets his third the d'ballon bullshit award
Yep no surprise really...Lampard and Gerrard finish 2nd and 3rd then it was daylight to Henry in 4th.

1, Ronaldinho (Br/Barcelona) 225pts; 2, F Lampard (Eng/Chelsea) 148; 3, S Gerrard (Eng/Liverpool) 142; 4, T Henry (Fr/Arsenal) 41; 5, A Shevchenko (Ukr/AC Milan) 33; 6, P Maldini (It/AC Milan) 23; 7, Adriano (Br/Inter Milan) 22; 8, Z Ibrahimovic (Swe/Juventus) 21; 9, Kaká (Br/AC Milan) 19; 10, S Eto’o (Cameroon/Barcelona); =, J Terry (Eng/Chelsea) 18; 12, Juninho (Br/Lyons) 15; 13, C Makelele (Fr/Chelsea) 8; 14, M Ballack (Ger/Bayern Munich), P Cech (Cz/Chelsea), D Drogba (Ivory Coast/Chelsea) and J R Riquelme (Arg/Villarreal) 7; 18, Z Zidane (Fr/Real Madrid) 5; 19, G Buffon (It/Juventus) 4; 20, J Carragher (Eng/Liverpool) and Cristiano Ronaldo (Por/Manchester United) 3; 22, M Essien (Ghana/Chelsea) 2; 23, L Garcia (Sp/Liverpool) and P Nedved (Cz/Juventus) 1.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
Thoroughly deserved Award for Ronnie. :cool:

Juninho and Ballack, the only two players outside the trio of the EPL/La Liga/Serie A to get mentions.

All players listed will be at the upcoming WC. Bar one, Eto'o.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)