• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
when i remembered alan smith was still at man u, me and my mates had a big discussion about the worst transfers ever made. heres some we came up with:

alan smith, leeds to manchester united

mateja kezman, psv to chelsea

jono woodgate, nufc to madrid, 16m pounds from memory

scott parker, the valley to chelski

are there any others? i have a short memory, and can only think of the recent ones

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Worst buy ever has got to be Francis Jeffers to Arsenal, can't remember who from (think it was from Everton or something) for 10m pounds. Just awful.
Other terrible buys include:
Veron to Chelsea from Man Utd
Diouf and Heskey for Liverpool
Viana for Newcastle
Forlan for Man Utd
Saha for Man Utd

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
bazookajoe said:
Worst buy ever has got to be Francis Jeffers to Arsenal, can't remember who from (think it was from Everton or something) for 10m pounds. Just awful.
Other terrible buys include:
Veron to Chelsea from Man Utd
Diouf and Heskey for Liverpool
Viana for Newcastle
Forlan for Man Utd
Saha for Man Utd
dont forget kleberson to Man utd, that was quite a mistake, along with every single signing real madrid has made recently

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
And who can forget david the next henry bellion to man utd. Though, he's with my hammers right now -_-

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
We even had Luke Chadwick for a while -_- , though i vaguely recall him starting a handful of games for man utd.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
ive always stuck up for the uefa cup, even when people call it an "also-ran" cup.

but now it seems as if it is a competition for eastern europe clubs, and ucl is for western europe.

there is not one club from russia in ucl, yet there are four in uefa cup

the only eastern clubs are artmedia bratislava and sparta, yet in uefa cup there are 27

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
You know what I love about Everton fans? They're all class.

Soo United fans, looking forward to getting smashed on the weekend? After your awe-inspiring performances against City and Villareal, I think anything losing anything less than 2-0 would be a disappointment for our boys :p. I'm particularly looking forward to seeing just how much steel Alan Smith has when he comes up against some decent opposition.

^___^
HSC
Benny_ said:
Soo United fans, looking forward to getting smashed on the weekend? After your awe-inspiring performances against City and Villareal, I think anything losing anything less than 2-0 would be a disappointment for our boys :p. I'm particularly looking forward to seeing just how much steel Alan Smith has when he comes up against some decent opposition.

yeah, it will be the only chance you guys can win us in midfield, provided that you DO; given smith's committment and aggression is on par with keane. maybe alonso could get his other leg broken this time :rolleyes:
afterall, roy keane shits all over you

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
To be honest I don't think Alonso will play. Sissoko has been so dominant that both Xabi and Hamann have been frequently relegated to the bench this season so far. And Sissoko will take apart the likes of Smith and Scholes piece to piece.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Yeah Liverpool got thiz dude called Sissoko in the middle, but they can't do shit up front, while we have our 3 Rz.

Az long az Smith can keep Soso occupied, we'll win. Rooney to score the winner fo a 1-0 win again. :)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Meh.. not afraid of Rooney at all. More than likely his penis will fall off prior to the game from going a granny to far, preventing him for taking his place in the United lineup. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)