• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
How about them Hammers! They're amazing, I was (and I believe many others) were writing them off as relegation candidates, but wow!

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
yeah ... west ham are just hammering away, building a solid platform to stay in the premiership ... benayoun was a great buy and harewood is starting to find the back of the net regularly ... west ham for europe? haha
on another note arsenals title chances are over ... damn ugly chelsea ... so much talent, so shit to watch ...

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Arsenal just can't do it without both Henry and Viera, they struggle with only one of them and without either I really don't think they can do much.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Yeah go West Ham, I knew once they were back in the Premiership they would fire! Harewood is on fire, should of had 2 goals. I think some praise needs to go to our defense, Gabiddon and Ferdinand and forming a very decent partnsership for 2 young blokes.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
i used to be a fan of chelsea. they werent always as competitive as arsenal and man u, but they are unrecognisable as that team i liked only five years ago. zola, hasselbaink... the fans loved them. they demonstrated loyalty to the fans of chelsea, to its history, its traditions... not just for the money.

look at the players that were on the bench against charlton.
C.Cudicini
J.Cole
N.Geremi
S.Wright-Phillips
D.Drogba

del horno didnt even play. carlton cole, wayne bridge, glen johnson and robert huth would be accepted with open arms by any club outside the top four. ANY of the substitutes listed for chelsea would be accepted by man u, arsenal, liverpool, anyone.

I KNOW this is nothing new discussed on this thread, but all I hear is that "chelsea are cunts". Its not just that. I used to admire the club. Now they are alien. I know a few chelsea fans who have stopped supporting them coz of what they do. Chelsea is a club for Roman Abramovich, not for the fans

Jimmy_B

HSC
haha, chelsea have fans?

that's why they only had 29000 show up for the anderlecht game. big club eh?

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
i used to be a fan of chelsea. they werent always as competitive as arsenal and man u, but they are unrecognisable as that team i liked only five years ago. zola, hasselbaink... the fans loved them. they demonstrated loyalty to the fans of chelsea, to its history, its traditions... not just for the money.

look at the players that were on the bench against charlton.
C.Cudicini
J.Cole
N.Geremi
S.Wright-Phillips
D.Drogba

del horno didnt even play. carlton cole, wayne bridge, glen johnson and robert huth would be accepted with open arms by any club outside the top four. ANY of the substitutes listed for chelsea would be accepted by man u, arsenal, liverpool, anyone.

I KNOW this is nothing new discussed on this thread, but all I hear is that "chelsea are cunts". Its not just that. I used to admire the club. Now they are alien. I know a few chelsea fans who have stopped supporting them coz of what they do. Chelsea is a club for Roman Abramovich, not for the fans
Del Horno is injured.
Anybody watching Liverpool vs Man. Utd tonight? Should be a great game, will be flicking between that and Starsky and Hutch.
By the way, weird Liverpool line up. They've got Cisse on the bench for Sinama-Pongolle (although great goal) and Sissoko is on the bench!
And for Man. Utd, Richardson starting at left back due to their defense crisis.

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
We're really missin our full backz, Richardson doezn't really look comfortable at the left back position. But havin Gary back and movin O'Shea back to the left should solve the problem at bit. But havin Gabi out iz still a big big loss.

Why don't Fergie use Giggs mo often instead of havin him warmin the bench all the time...? Hez not restin him until Christmas again iz he...? He should've been brought on way earlier than the 88th min.

We played shit, so 1 point iz not bad. We should be ownin Liverpool, Gerrard would not have done anythin if we didn't pass the ball to him all the time.

T

timbk2

crouch was causing the manutd back 4 all sorts of trouble for most of the game.

pongolle did pretty well on right wing... i think benitez is grooming him into a right winger... alonso had a shit game, missed heaps of passes

garcia gave away alot of balls too... should start cisse with crouch and chuck garcia on the bench

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
i cant understand for all the form xabi and luis garcia show in europe why the cant control a epl game.

Oh, and im already looking forward to football north of the border this upcoming weekend. Go Hearts!

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
timbk2 said:
crouch was causing the manutd back 4 all sorts of trouble for most of the game.

pongolle did pretty well on right wing... i think benitez is grooming him into a right winger... alonso had a shit game, missed heaps of passes

garcia gave away alot of balls too... should start cisse with crouch and chuck garcia on the bench
garcia played...crap, each time benitez was going for a sub i thought garcia would've come off...bastards kept getting my hopes off, when a player is playing bad, give them a chance, but if they cant improve take them off...could just be a bad week.

FSP could've stayed on, he and crouch were causing some pressure on the manyoo back 4 (better than none)

Manchester played ok (not good, just ok - like L'pool) and a draw was fair for both teams efforts in the closing half.

I just wished strikers the players would stop diving (thats a cop out on both teams from that game), makes them look like idiots

Jimmy_B

HSC
uh-oh roy keano out for two months. looks like we'll be seeing a lot of alan smiffy in midfield then. :)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Wonder if the Chelsea bandwagoners would actually pay that much....
Anyone else think that Bolton are like, the best...ever?

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Chelsea 6 18
Charlton 5 12
Man Utd 5 11
Bolton 6 11
Man City 6 11
West Ham 5 10
Tottenham 6 9
M'brough 6 8
Wigan 5 7
Arsenal 4 6
Liverpool 4 6
Aston Villa 6 6
Portsmouth 6 5
Newcastle 6 5
Birmingham 6 5
Fulham 6 5
West Brom 6 5
Blackburn 6 5
Everton 4 3
Sunderland 6 1

...Chelsea are already 6 points clear at the top and are yet to concede a goal in the premiership this season. ...Is anyone else starting to think that they are certainties for the premiership already? IMO the best that Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, etc can hope for is second place.

As for Utd...I think that Fergie should be starting with Park Ji Sung or Giggsy ahead of Fletcher. Both Liverpool and Man U were pretty disapointing in the goal-less draw on the weekend.

Jimmy_B

HSC
chelsea and 4-5-1 have combined to kill premier league football.

also, here's some prices for one adulat and one child ticket to the next home match of each of these respective teams.

Chelsea £90 Birmingham £60.50 Newcastle £56 Portsmouth £52 Everton £46 Real Madrid £28.60 Bolton £26 Valencia £24.80 Crawley Town £24 Hereford £22 Roma £21.40 Juventus £20.70 Blackburn £20 Aston Villa £20 Woking £19 Bayern Munich £12.40 Borussia Dortmund £12 Bayern Leverkusen £11.70 Schalke £9.30

crazy how woking and crawley town would set you back more than bayern and about as much as juve tickets.

Jimmy_B

HSC
bazookajoe said:
Wonder if the Chelsea bandwagoners would actually pay that much....
Anyone else think that Bolton are like, the best...ever?
i honestly can't watch any premiership games now apart from spurs ones. watching teams try and bore each other out for 90 minutes, i'd rather watch paint dry.

you'd think after spending that much money, mourinho's team would at least play attacking football.

no matter how much of a cunt he is, at least arsene wenger is sticking to his guns and still trying to play attacking football.

**shudders** praising arsenal did not feel right at all.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Well at least Robben is doing something now, he's the only spark Chelsea has at the moment.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Chelsea is the team that Eriksson should be modelling his team towards. Considering how mindnumbingly boring both teams are, Sven would barely even need to change his style.

-------------------Cech---------------------
----Ferrerira------Terry-----Gallas------
Essien--Carvalho--Makelele--Lampard
------Duff---------------------------Robben
-------------------Crespo-------------------

Now England

-------------------Robinson---------------------
----Carragher------Terry--------Cole--------
Gerrard--Ferdinand--Hargreaves--Lampard
------SWP---------------------------Rooney---
----------------Owen/Defoe-------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)