The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
heres something to bring you back down:

Chelsea 24
Charlton 15
Tottenham 15
Man Utd 14
Bolton 14
Man City 14
Arsenal 13
Wigan 13
West Ham 12
Middlesbrough 11
Blackburn 11
Newcastle 9
Liverpool 7
Portsmouth 6
Birmingham 6
Aston Villa 6
Sunderland 5
Fulham 5
West Brom 5
Everton 3

i really hate to burst your bubble, but you havent won a league title since 90, and while you can crow about last years UCL, the other four are a distant memory, i bet you cant remember those wins. Nottingham forest have won two europe titles as well, but imagine the shit yous would give a NF fan if they bragged about those titles now.

Im not having a go at the history of liverpool. im just saying that in our lifetimes, liverpool have achieved fuck all. i cant really brag about celtics one and only europe win in 1964, because, well i didnt get to celebrate it.

these days, "having a rich tradition" means you havent done shit lately

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Wow, havnt checked the points in a while. West Ham are so close to the top, its awesome. If we make Europe i'll be stoked and I hope Teddy plays on for another year if thats the case lol. though he'll probally need a wheelchair for the long trips down the tunnel.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
hahaha yes... they won the quadruple, don't forget the quadruple... lmao :p

its pretty sad seeing forests slide to become league 1 mid- table stragglers this season actually

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:

Chelsea 24
Charlton 15
Tottenham 15
Man Utd 14
Bolton 14
Man City 14
Arsenal 13
Wigan 13
West Ham 12
Middlesbrough 11
Blackburn 11
Newcastle 9
Liverpool 7
Portsmouth 6
Birmingham 6
Aston Villa 6
Sunderland 5
Fulham 5
West Brom 5
Everton 3

i really hate to burst your bubble, but you havent won a league title since 90, and while you can crow about last years UCL, the other four are a distant memory, i bet you cant remember those wins. Nottingham forest have won two europe titles as well, but imagine the shit yous would give a NF fan if they bragged about those titles now.

Im not having a go at the history of liverpool. im just saying that in our lifetimes, liverpool have achieved fuck all. i cant really brag about celtics one and only europe win in 1964, because, well i didnt get to celebrate it.

I can't agree mo, thiz should be repped.

You should realise that somethin iz wron when Newcastle iz above you in the table. :p

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
LMF^^ said:
I can't agree mo, thiz should be repped.

You should realise that somethin iz wron when Newcastle iz above you in the table. :p
despite us having two games in hand :rolleyes:

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
LMF^^ said:
One of which iz against Arsenal :rolleyes:
the same arsenal that won 1-0 against a 10 man birmingham? :rolleyes:

did i mention the goal was an own goal, and cunningham was sent off after about 20 minutes? :)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
braad said:
the same arsenal that won 1-0 against a 10 man birmingham? :rolleyes:

did i mention the goal was an own goal, and cunningham was sent off after about 20 minutes? :)
Yeah but I still won't back Liverpool to get much out of a game against em. A draw would suit just about everyone. :)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Yeah but I still won't back Liverpool to get much out of a game against em. A draw would suit just about everyone. :)
especially chelsea :(

Crazy Horse

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:

Chelsea 24
Charlton 15
Tottenham 15
Man Utd 14
Bolton 14
Man City 14
Arsenal 13
Wigan 13
West Ham 12
Middlesbrough 11
Blackburn 11
Newcastle 9
Liverpool 7
Portsmouth 6
Birmingham 6
Aston Villa 6
Sunderland 5
Fulham 5
West Brom 5
Everton 3
Conviently forget to point out that we have two games in hand?

bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Actually I wouldn't care if Nott Forest fans bragged - We've got more than double theirs. :D

Not bursting my bubble. I stated at the beginning of last season that we would win the UCL - and we did. I didnt give a damn what anyone else said - I knew we'd win and we did. This season, however, I havn't said jack all about us winning the EPL. Those who I've talked to know that I would be thrilled to come in 3rd this season. The top 4 would be good - 3rd would be great.

bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
2 Euro Super Cup, UEFA, 3 FA Cup, 2 League titles, 3 League Cup, 4 FA Charity Shield, 3 Carlsberg Trophy all in my lifetime...

ANd you call a UCL win "fuck all"? Sorry mate but winning the Euro Champs League doesn't happen every bloody day. Its still on my msn nick. I'll keep it that way until we hand over the title.I don't care if the other 4 weren't in my lifetime - they are still wins that MY TEAM acheived. Bloody hell - my four year old cousin brags about United's 99 season and he wasn't there either. He repeats it like a radio ad. Who gives a damn - lifetime or not - IT OCCURED. And I will Continue to glory about it.

I dont know much about Celtic - but Livo sure as hell havn't achieved "fuck all" in my lifetime.

bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
I dont see your damn point? We CREATED tradition again last season. Having a rich tradition means that your team has built up over the years. It means that they once struggled but pulled through. That they had a glorious past. It doesnt mean that they are not going to have a glorious future. It doesnt mean they havn't done jack lately.

I'm not pathetic enough to demand my team win every week. I understand that faliure will occur at times - what matters is the reaction and that the team and its fans hold their heads high while getting on with it.

We lost one game. We've drawn a few. Won one. WE'VE PLAYED 6 GAMES. What the hell is up with everyone preaching at us?

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
im going to be brave and say we'll be top 3...

at the moment, we're the second best team (because the fact say we arent the best :() so cautiously...2nd or 3rd this season if we play at least as good as we are now

edit: did i say brave? i meant stupid

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
braad said:

at the moment, we're the second best team (because the fact say we arent the best :() so cautiously...2nd or 3rd this season if we play at least as good as we are now

LOL!
Second best team
Hahahahahahahahaha

Crazy Horse

HSC
braad said:

Playing like we are now? Rafa needs to pull the boys in line and give some of them a good kick up the butt.

We've more mid-week games coming and international games as well. Our boys are gonna tire quite a lot. I think the formation needs to be tinkered with. If we keep playing like we are now - 5th even 6th.

I think we've got it in us to come 3rd/4th. But we cant be playing the way we are now. Theres no way we'll hit top 4 like this. We can kiss that spot goodbye to Charlton.

LMF^^ stop laughing. :D

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
LMF^^ said:
LOL!
Second best team
Hahahahahahahahaha
idiot, we have the ability to finish second, that's why i was cautious about saying it, because i wasnt sure how to say it (i admit, it sounded wrong:(). Just the fact L'pool can one-touch pass as accurately and quickly as they have shows they've got the ability to pull teams apart. Thats without any fast wingers, or through balls or dead ball situations.

yes, they need to pick up their act, and back each other up (i've seen too many occassions where they dont run into proper space so they can reveive a pass)

meh, i see stuff and go "they keep that quality, they'll win", anyways

carry on in your domain

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Crazy Horse said:
What the hell is up with everyone preaching at us?
Because theres so many pool nfans here, because it's a good target right now *cough*4-1*cough*:p, because it's fun :D

nah, seriously. i think liverpool will get their act together eventually, and they'll sneak pass the hammers and wigan... bolton even. :D

im tipping/hoping a 0-0 draw with arsenal. drop garcia whos done nothing this season.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
Because theres so many pool nfans here, because it's a good target right now *cough*4-1*cough*:p, because it's fun :D

nah, seriously. i think liverpool will get their act together eventually, and they'll sneak pass the hammers and wigan... bolton even. :D

im tipping/hoping a 0-0 draw with arsenal. drop garcia whos done nothing this season.
drop garcia, give cisse a good chance or get rid of him, get a good right winger, tell kewell to play with his heart and mind (once he's fit), drop riise to left back and make sure that when/if crouch gets the ball he has numerous options (i.e. not just gerrard in the centre)

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Crazy Horse said:
Conviently forget to point out that we have two games in hand?
Well, i'll eat humble pie if im wrong, but there is no way you are getting six points from the next two games.

Crazy Horse said:
Not bursting my bubble. I stated at the beginning of last season that we would win the UCL - and we did. I didnt give a damn what anyone else said - I knew we'd win and we did. This season, however, I havn't said jack all about us winning the EPL. Those who I've talked to know that I would be thrilled to come in 3rd this season. The top 4 would be good - 3rd would be great.
I just thought, considering liverpool is coming off a europe win, i thought fans would be aiming for higher than 4th.

Crazy Horse said:
2 Euro Super Cup, UEFA, 3 FA Cup, 2 League titles, 3 League Cup, 4 FA Charity Shield, 3 Carlsberg Trophy all in my lifetime...
The league titles of 88 and 90? You wouldnt have left wearing nappies by then. Please dont count the charity shield- that game is a friendly, not a comp. And the Carlsberg Trophy? I had to research that- a preseason comp in Dublin. Congrats on that win.

Crazy Horse said:
ANd you call a UCL win "fuck all"? Sorry mate but winning the Euro Champs League doesn't happen every bloody day. Its still on my msn nick. I'll keep it that way until we hand over the title.I don't care if the other 4 weren't in my lifetime - they are still wins that MY TEAM acheived. Bloody hell - my four year old cousin brags about United's 99 season and he wasn't there either. He repeats it like a radio ad. Who gives a damn - lifetime or not - IT OCCURED. And I will Continue to glory about it.

I dont know much about Celtic - but Livo sure as hell havn't achieved "fuck all" in my lifetime.
I will NEVER call a ucl win "fuck all". im sorry if thats what it sounded like i said. You have every right to brag about it, but dont brag as long as man u fans did, mind i think they have slowed down.

Crazy Horse said:
I dont see your damn point?
My damn point is that you are 17 pts behind the leader after 6 games. The league wont present a trophy, even tho 32 matches remain.

Crazy Horse said:
We lost one game. We've drawn a few. Won one. WE'VE PLAYED 6 GAMES. What the hell is up with everyone preaching at us?
Coz picking teams doing poorly is fun. But i agree. After a few games things may look brighter, many games remain. I hope liverpool get better. While i wouldnt call myself a fan, i have a soft spot for the club, hell i was cheering with you in instanbul, i even have the celtic-liverpool commemorative scarf from the uefa cup leg a few years back (which btw celtic won). But it aint looking good.

braad said:
did i say brave? i meant stupid
We all say crazy shit bout our team. Thats the joy of football

Crazy Horse

HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:

How lovely of you. :D

Constip8edSkunk said:
Yea - Wouldn't be upset with 0-0 neither.

bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Well, i'll eat humble pie if im wrong, but there is no way you are getting six points from the next two games.
Have to wait and see.

bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
I just thought, considering liverpool is coming off a europe win, i thought fans would be aiming for higher than 4th.
One step at a time. Cup and League so very different. Maybe next season or the one after. One thing for sure – we'll score 19 before any other club hits 18.

bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
The league titles of 88 and 90? You wouldnt have left wearing nappies by then.
Yea. Don't get too specific. You said lifetime. Don't matter whether I could speak or not. We won. The end.

bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Please dont count the charity shield- that game is a friendly, not a comp.
Dismiss if you wish. I'll still be counting it. ;)

bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
And the Carlsberg Trophy? I had to research that- a preseason comp in Dublin. Congrats on that win.
Thanks. Appreciate it.

bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
I will NEVER call a ucl win "fuck all". im sorry if thats what it sounded like i said. You have every right to brag about it, but dont brag as long as man u fans did, mind i think they have slowed down.
No - United fans havnt slowed down. Its just that the ones in this thread are pretty good.

bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
My damn point is that you are 17 pts behind the leader after 6 games. The league wont present a trophy, even tho 32 matches remain.
Already established I don't disillusion myself with the belief that we'll end up first this season.

bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Coz picking teams doing poorly is fun. But i agree. After a few games things may look brighter, many games remain. I hope liverpool get better. While i wouldnt call myself a fan, i have a soft spot for the club, hell i was cheering with you in instanbul, i even have the celtic-liverpool commemorative scarf from the uefa cup leg a few years back (which btw celtic won). But it aint looking good.
I hope Pool get better too. :D

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I thought you Celtic fanz are suppose to have a soft spot fo us Man Utd supporterz. I've alwayz preferred Celtic winnin than Rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)