The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
lets not forget kieran richardson is also quite a talent as well, and hopefully rossi can break it thru for a few games this season too

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Constip8edSkunk said:
lets not forget kieran richardson is also quite a talent as well, and hopefully rossi can break it thru for a few games this season too
true. Fletcher too is quite a talent :p

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
What about Giuseppi Rossi, he's scored more goals than all the main strikers in the pre season for man utd.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
copious said:
What about Giuseppi Rossi, he's scored more goals than all the main strikers in the pre season for man utd.
Rossi has been playing great but I think that his greater amount of goals can be attributed to him being given more game time than the other strikers. Still...he will be a great back-up striker if some of the other guys get injured like last season.

^___^
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Can someone tell me why iz Bellion still at Man U...?
cos he is very fast on and off the ball, great at coming off the bench when defenders are tired
although same could be said bout Saha

he is more of a player for the future

matt#1

HSC
N/A
... said:
cos he is very fast on and off the ball, great at coming off the bench when defenders are tired
although same could be said bout Saha

In that case we should probably send him out on loan to one of the smaller clubs so he can get some first team premiership experience.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Btw wots happened to Ole Solskjaer? Have'nt heard nething abt him for ages...is he still at ManU?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
... said:
I disagree, I don't think he haz a future at United. Sure hez scorin record comin off the bench iz good, but he just can't cut it at the top level imo.

And Solskjaer iz expected to return to action thiz season, he waz injured fo the whole of the last campaign. Richardson iz also stayin, I like to see mo of him in the United jersey.

And I find the followin piece of newz very interestin.

Bayern confirm United talks

Bayern Munich have confirmed they have held talks with Manchester United, but not over Germany international midfielder Michael Ballack. The Red Devils have been linked with the 29-year-old with Kleberson tipped to leave Old Trafford while Roy Keane is nearing the end of his illustrious career. Bayern and United shared the same accommodation in the Far East and when their paths crossed Ballack's name was not mentioned by the Premiership giants. "While in Japan, Manchester United shared the same hotel as us and this led to interesting conversations," explained manager Uli Hoeness. "But not over Michael Ballack. They did not even make an enquiry."
Source: Sky Sports

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
i still think Man Utd will sign Cahill in the future :D

Anyway i forgot all about good old Ole, I'd have him over Alan Smith and Saha anyday.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
matt#1 said:
bahahaha...Arsenal have the best young players in the world? Have you not heard of Rooney and Ronaldo. :rolleyes:
Fabregas, van Persie, Flamini, Clichy, Senderos all performed brilliantly last season in the Premiership and in the Cups. Not to mention Bentley who when he wasn't injured looked the goods at Norwich or Quincy who was the standout player in the Under-20 WC a few weeks ago or Arturo Lupoli a 17 year old (now 18) who scored 3 Carling Cup goals last season. That's without mentioning Toure or Reyes who could still fit into the youngsters category.

But jeebus, Shrek and Fake Ronaldo are enough to win any argument concernin youth players eh?

matt#1 said:
Everyone keeps talking about Van Persie's 'talent'...but althopugh i'm aware of his potential...i'm still yet to be really convinced.
He won us an FA Cup semi-final with two pieces of brilliance, went on a great run of scoring goals at the end of last season etc etc.

matt#1 said:
Ronaldo and Rooney are the ones who have TALENT. Did you watch Euro 2004 or last year's FA Cup Final by any chance? Rooney and Ronaldo did alot more than lick penis in those games
Yeah, spurred their teams onto glory eh? Oh and cried like bitches after they lost too.

niall045

HSC
Heres the matches for the 3rd round CL qualifiers

FC Basel v Werder Bremen
Artmedia Bratislava v Partizan Belgrade
Shakhtar Donetsk v Inter Milan
Steaua Bucharest v Rosenborg
Manchester United v Debreceni
Malmo v FC Thun
Everton v Villarreal
Liverpool v CSKA Sofia
Sporting Lisbon v Udinese
Valerenga v Club Bruges
Rapid Vienna v Lokomotiv Moscow
Anderlecht v Slavia Prague
Anorthosis Famagusta v Rangers
Brondby v Ajax
Real Betis v Monaco
Wisla Krakow v Panathanaikos

Im lookin forward to villareal/everton, lisbon/udinese and betis/monaco. theyll be good ones.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Sebasjian Viera aye, he was god in champ manager :p

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Tender_Branson said:
If they do manage to sign Viera then they might do a bit better. Can't see it happening though, they'll stick with Lehmann.
Wenger coming out and sayin he's signing a keeper by Friday and that he was looking at Viera not enough for you?

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Fabregas, van Persie, Flamini, Clichy, Senderos all performed brilliantly last season in the Premiership and in the Cups. Not to mention Bentley who when he wasn't injured looked the goods at Norwich or Quincy who was the standout player in the Under-20 WC a few weeks ago or Arturo Lupoli a 17 year old (now 18) who scored 3 Carling Cup goals last season. That's without mentioning Toure or Reyes who could still fit into the youngsters category.

Van Persie won us an FA Cup semi-final with two pieces of brilliance, went on a great run of scoring goals at the end of last season etc etc.
I understand that Arsenal have alot of good young players...but give me the quality of Rooney and Ronaldo over quantity anytime.

Also...when I said that i'm wasn't convinced about Van Persie...I actually meant Fabregas.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
matt#1 said:
I understand that Arsenal have alot of good young players...but give me the quality of Rooney and Ronaldo over quantity anytime.

Also...when I said that i'm wasn't convinced about Van Persie...I actually meant Fabregas.
Pfft. Reyes outperformed fake ronnie last season and all our other players are class acts which you couldn't deny after seeing them play last season. Nice counter-argument matty, expected better from you. (ie quality over quantity would be a decent argument if Arsenal didn't have them both)

Fabregas tearing Roy Keane a new asshole in the Community Shield wasn't enough for you last season?

Last edited:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Pfft. Reyes outperformed fake ronnie last season and all our other players are class acts which you couldn't deny after seeing them play last season. Nice counter-argument matty, expected better from you. (ie quality over quantity would be a decent argument if Arsenal didn't have them both)

Fabregas tearing Roy Keane a new asshole in the Community Shield wasn't enough for you last season?
I agree that my argument was pretty poor....but I disagree with your statement that Ronaldo was outplayed by Reyes last season.

I also noticed that you opted to steer away from comparing Rooney to any of Arsenal's players. Good decision....because you couldn't say that any of your youngsters outperformed him last season could you HeCtic? :)

I unfortunately missed last season's Community Shield match...so you are going to need more evidence than just one game to convince me. By the way...Is the Community Shield on Fox or ESPN?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)