• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Spurs sign Lee

Spectacular signing for them if this is true. He was dynamite against Milan in the CL last season and I really would've liked to see him come to Anfield to replace Traore. If he fires I see Tottenham mounting a serious challenge for the CL. At just £2m I really have to wonder why Rafa didn't sit up and take notice.

Last edited:

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Of course they will challenge the top 6, they have two former west ham players :D

Overnight Results :

• Birmingham 0-3 Middlesbrough: Viduka at the double
• Portsmouth 1-1 Aston Villa: Ten man Villa hang on
• Sunderland 1-2 Man City: Pearce's run continues
• Liverpool 0-1 CSKA Sofia: Reds stumble through

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
copious said:
Liverpool 0-1 CSKA Sofia: Reds stumble through
Yeah a pretty poor result, but we've now qualified for the group stage so thats the most important thing. In this same game last season we lost 1-0 to Graz but still went on to lift the cup, perhaps a good omen...

Hope Stevie will b back for the Super Cup!

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet but Aston Villa have also confirmed the signing of Milan Baros.

I'm not really Baros' biggest fan but he works extremely hard and will prove to be a good buy if he can recapture the sort of form that saw him become top scorer at Euro '04.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Good on Viduka, will boost his confidence for the WC Qualifers. He better jkeep banging them in cause Yakubu is knocking on the door when he recovers from injury.

HSC
Some interesting Champ League Group Stage qualifying results. I'm glad to see Udinese where they belong and full credit must go to Serse Cosmi for overcoming a tough Sporting Lisbon side, Udine have been one of the most consistent clubs over the last few seasons in Seria A.. It is nice to see some of the smaller European sides like Artmedia and Thun qualify.

Inter should hopefully acount for Shakhtar tomorrow morning but there are some major possible upsets - Basel knocking out Werder Bremen, Brøndby beating Ajax and Vålerenga over Club Brugge are all possible outcomes.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Italian Hotshot said:
It is nice to see some of the smaller European sides like Artmedia qualify.
NO IT IS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...by the way, i love the name of thun's stadium: wankdorf stadium

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Dating back to the days of Vieira and Emmanuel Petit, Wenger has favoured a partnership of equals in the midfield, a physically imposing duo who presented a barrier to opposition attackers. Even with Flamini and Gilberto together, that option is no longer available.

Fabregas, a slight and delicate creature, does not have the stature of Vieira or Petit though he has something of the latter's fondness for flowing locks. The Spaniard is now donning an alice band, something no self-respecting midfield hard man would wear; someone educate this boy about Nobby Stiles and Billy Bremner or, at the least, David Batty and Dennis Wise.

-
I found this excerpt from an article about Arsenal's lack of suitable replacements for Vieira pretty amusing...the comments about Fabregas in particular :) .

woot! 1000 posts. Thats probably one of the greatest achievements of my life so far! :D

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Cesc is hard as nails. I'm yet to see an opponent dominate him physically or mentally. What a cunty article that must have been.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
I'd love to, but I'm going to Chinese Laundry on Saturday night, so I'll probably be too munted to make it.

Hope Dwighty puts on a show.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Cesc is hard as nails. I'm yet to see an opponent dominate him physically or mentally. What a cunty article that must have been.
lol- I don't necessarily agree with the article. I just thought that it was funny. :)

also HeCtic...whats Chinese laundry?

Last edited:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
^ awesome goal by Tugay :) .

edit:

- Man Utd through to first round of the Champions League with a 3- 0 victory over Debrecen. 2 goals scored by Heinze and 1 to Richardson. Everton, however, have been knocked out by Villareal.

- Arsenal 4 - 1 Fulham (Henry 2, Cygan 2).

- Chelsea 4 - 0 West Brom. (Lampard 2, Cole, Drogba).

In other news...Arsenal striker Jermaine Aliadiere has returned back to Arsenal after failing to break into the first team on loan at Celtic.

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Wtf.. how long as Aliadiere been at Celtic? 4 weeks? Surely he's giving it up a bit too soon.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Aliadiere has actually gone to West Ham on loan!! Our attack looks alot better now, plenty of youngsters to learn off Sheringham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)