• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy_B

HSC
Komit said:
I read that Tottenham will be increasing their offer for Dirk Kuyt.
That'd make for one helluva strike-force. I've also heard Lucarelli from Italy. Spurs for Europe :)

timbk2 said:
ditto! somewhere in the city? wentworth park? domain?

or inner-west... strathfield park..
City for sure. Stratty and the West would make it too hard for us North shore types....

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Bah. No PL team will ever prosper under Souness. I don't care if they got Ronaldinho, it ain't gonna happen.

niall045

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Newcastlez got their man, their strike force iz lookin pretty good now.
not one goal to their name. once they get a new manager there is definitely potential. the backs are a bit dodge to me. i dont like boumsong or moore or the other guy in the centre. owen and luque are good acquisitions though nevertheless.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Former Derby County and Sunderland keeper. Kept Derby in the Premiership almost single-handedly for a couple of seasons.

Used to be awesome but I haven't heard of him for two or three seasons. Over 100 international caps too. Heard he's gotten a bit fat now.

But yeah, rejecting Viera(who now signed for Villareal) and signing Poom :rolleyes:

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Jimmy's sig is teh ghey.......

And yes, Marty signing for us is very exciting indeed. Hope Arsene surprises us with a bigger name come tommorow.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Newcastlez got their man, their strike force iz lookin pretty good now.
Luque, Owen, Emre, Parker.

They've signed well as long as they get another defender in. But as Benny said, their cunt of a manager sort of cripples them by default.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Nah the guy who I posted ages ago. He;ll probably have heaps ready by tommorow for all the bandwagonners.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
HeCtic said:
Luque, Owen, Emre, Parker.

They've signed well as long as they get another defender in. But as Benny said, their cunt of a manager sort of cripples them by default.
Emre's injured though. For like, another month.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
newcastle has shit defenders. boumsong was a waste of $$$$$$$. i always knew he was shit, hartson and sutton used to pump him north of the border

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
lol, need a good DM...go parker :p

hahahaha

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Newcastle are the Madrid wannabes of the PL.

What I don't understand is where they get all this money. Every year they shell out £30m for players and every year they're battling for the UEFA cup.

And speaking small clubs with big money.. where is all of Tottenham's money coming from? Certainly they've signed very well this transfer window. Jenas, Davids, Routledge and Lee will serve them very well indeed. Who needs Frank Arneson when you're doing that well for yourself market anyway?

Bloody Parry and Moores..

Meanwhile the site of the Portuguese national team has revealed that Benfica winger and captain Simao Sabrosa has been temporarily released from the national squad to complete a medical for Liverpool. The deal is reportedly worth an estimated €15m.

Apparently this guy was the next great hope for Portugal after Figo and moved to Barca in 1999, only for injury and poor form send him packing back to Portugal. Looks like we've finally signed someone decent.

I really have to wonder though, if we had €15 to spend on a RM to begin with, why have we only been linked to cheap but effective squad players like Solano all this time. Do we really have money? Are these deals only coming through now because Owen has signed for Newcastle?

Last edited:

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
HeCtic said:
Arsenal are going to sign Mart Poom as a backup tommorow.
Skysports said:
Sunderland's Mart Poom has had extensive talks with the North Londoners as rumours of a swap deal involving Justin Hoyte persist but it has emerged that Rennes' Andreas Isaksson could be an alternative target.

The Swede has been joined at the Ligue 1 club by his pal Erik Edman of Tottenham but Arsenal are believed to be weighing up a bid for the talented keeper.
please, pretty please.......

linkage

EDIT:

@ Benny , Solano is awesome, seriously underrated player. Not sure Simao is worth 15m Euro's to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)