The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Crazy Horse said:
How many of you are dying for the November game?
can't wait... but i suspect its gonna be smack in the middle of my exams period:(

Benny_ said:
Ditto there I think LMF. I noticed CT has died. This thread isn't looking too healthy either though is it? Matty's gone, posts by Diana, Hectic, yourself and I have all become few and far in between. I'm just waiting for a couple of more new guys like bj_bhoy to become regulars here. Then I'm probably outta here too.
Yeah the posts have slowed down on quite a bit... but there will always be new regulars. dont think many people from the 1st thread still posts here. A trip down memory lane:
First thread in 03
the 04 thread
04-05 thread
and with this thread, more than 7500 posts in total!

Interesting: WC qualifying Match to be replayed because of refereeing blunder - kinda opens a can of worms doesnt it.

Last edited:

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
matt#1 said:
hey guys...I just thought that I would make a post here to tell you that I will no longer be using BOS. I've had a great time posting in this thread and may even come back here from time to time. Special thanks to HeCtic and Di for the many memorable multi-page arguments :) .

oh...and go Manchester United!!!! :)
aw shit, i rarely post, but dor ead what's being said, and it's a shame someone with your knowledge is going :(

but best of luck with everything, and hey, cause of you i dont hate man u...well done :)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I think Morientes' injury will be a blessing in disguise for Liverpool. So far Rafa has been reluctant to give Cisse an opportunity up front while Morientes has been poo. Maybe this will give Cisse a chance to really prove his worth.

Constip8edSkunk- Good times. I actually remember lurking during the latter few pages of the first FT. Just goes to show I've probably been here for too long

Last edited:

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
I hope the newbies can keep the standards of discussion up. I'd hate for this thread to become one with only people posting shit like "arsenal iz gay" "chelseaz are cuntz" etc.

Bah, probably best to pass the torch for me too. I'll pop in once in a while for the Maq Uni forums but my posting times are non-existe now with the Uni, work, girlfriend and when I move house again, having no cable internet.

So thanks to all of you regulars in this and the old thread. By that I mean, Benny, LMF, copious, BJ, Constipated, ...., Diana, the Arse fans Rubix and Niall, timbk2, braad, blackfriday, slip, Komit, bazookajoe, ACStyle, Italian Hotshot, Ar2aya and whiterabbit.

*Draws breath*

Now that's out of the way, good luck to the newbs and the veterans who stay on in keeping this thread up, and a general good luck to everyone who's posted here or lurked here. I'll still be on MSN if anyone wants a chat.

Bye all :(

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
HeCtic said:
I hope the newbies can keep the standards of discussion up. I'd hate for this thread to become one with only people posting shit like "arsenal iz gay" "chelseaz are cuntz" etc.

Bah, probably best to pass the torch for me too. I'll pop in once in a while for the Maq Uni forums but my posting times are non-existe now with the Uni, work, girlfriend and when I move house again, having no cable internet.

So thanks to all of you regulars in this and the old thread. By that I mean, Benny, LMF, copious, BJ, Constipated, ...., Diana, the Arse fans Rubix and Niall, timbk2, braad, blackfriday, slip, Komit, bazookajoe, ACStyle, Italian Hotshot, Ar2aya and whiterabbit.

*Draws breath*

Now that's out of the way, good luck to the newbs and the veterans who stay on in keeping this thread up, and a general good luck to everyone who's posted here or lurked here. I'll still be on MSN if anyone wants a chat.

*cries* far out...mass exodus!!

once again, you shall be missed, and your little sigs :) always entertaining

and i hope everything goes well in the not too distant future (you better come back :p)

i also hope that as you said, the level doesnt drop (although it'd be good to drop a little bit so i'd have something to say :p) lol...nah, keep it up, hope you visit back to keep us in line (as with matt)

cheers big ears :)

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
A sad, sad week in the history of this thread, first matt, now hectic ... anyway good luck to you both in your future endeavours ... and make sure to pop in once in a while ... many thanks for the memories ... *wipes tear*

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
shit matt youve started a stampede to the exit door. youse all want us newbies to stay and talk football, but soon there will be no one left! ill miss anyone that i can hold a decent football conversation with who decides to leave the thread.

the WC qualifier will be held in november, after the HSC, and i think john o'neill said the date would be the 22nd or 26th. I think. i hopes its these dates, coz then itll just miss the grad date. i cant wait!!!!

@ HeCtic: youll be back. ill always talk football, but i cant help myself. ill always call you arsenal pricks cunts!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Dammit Hectic.. you could've at least waited till the dust of Matt's departure had settled. Seriously it's been fun. Whenever Liverpool play Arsenal, I'll look at the scoreboard badly skewed in the Reds favour, then think of you, and smile :D. All the best for the future man (except when the Gunners play Pool of course :D)

Numero Uno

HSC
HeCtic said:

*Draws breath*

Cya mate, hope you have a good one

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
HeCtic said:

*Draws breath*

have a good one mate...the long discussions between man u and the arse will never be the same but they'll live on don't worry. Check in now and then..i don't know who's going to be able to back arsenal up the way u did, no matter what they did :D...CIAO MATT AND HECTIC

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Dang, HeCtic was one of the good ones. Sad to see ya go.
Anyway Spurs are close to naming their new sporting director, most likely looking to be Damien Comolli. He is very close to Wenger, so could prove to be interesting. Doubt he's as good as Arnesen though.
Stupid moneybags Chelsea, steal everyone good.

Jimmy_B

HSC
bazookajoe said:
-Dang, HeCtic was one of the good ones. Sad to see ya go.

-Anyway Spurs are close to naming their new sporting director, most likely looking to be Damien Comolli. He is very close to Wenger, so could prove to be interesting. Doubt he's as good as Arnesen though.
Stupid moneybags Chelsea, steal everyone good.
- i didn't like him ;)

- if he knows wenger hopefully he's got some contacts on how to find random world-class youngsters from nowhere ie toure, anelka, weah.

Jimmy_B

HSC
Italian Hotshot said:
It is said to see olders members leave, life on this site is starting to loose all meaning.

so what you guys seem to be saying is RIP football/soccer thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)