• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Jimmy_B said:
oi, look who you're talking to. hectic actually got on a plane this arvo to canada. i'll post his pictures when he gets back.
lol...sorry about that. I wasn't trying to infer that you are Hectic. I didn't even realise that I wrote his name instead of yours. Maybe I just typed it out of habit because you do write and use language that is very similar to what your brother used.

As for Sheva, he really does want to leave Milan...reportedly because of disagreements with coach Anchelotti. C'mon Fergie...swap RVN for him!!!!

Jimmy_B

HSC
matt#1 said:
lol...sorry about that. I wasn't trying to infer that you are Hectic. I didn't even realise that I wrote his name instead of yours. Maybe I just typed it out of habit because you do write and use language that is very similar to what your brother used.

As for Sheva, he really does want to leave Milan...reportedly because of disagreements with coach Anchelotti. C'mon Fergie...swap RVN for him!!!!
uh yeah, i think living togethor for that long does that to you. if sheva is for sale, i doubt we'll see chelsea missing out. they can price him out of a move anywhere else.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Is anyone watching the FA Cup final between Liverpool and West Ham tonight? From my point of view, its not as interesting as last years' Man Utd v Arsenal final...but one of my mates is a mad 'Pool fan, so i'm going out tonight to watch it.

Liverpool should win it..and are deservedly favourites for tonight's match...but West Ham should not be underestimated. Dean Ashton (if fit), Marlon Harewood, Reo-coker, Benayoun, etc can beat anyone on their day. Just ask Arsenal...who were beaten by them at Highbury. I'll be supporting Liverpool (I'm a rare Utd supporter who actually likes 'Pool), but I always like to see an upset...so I won't be too worried either way. Dissapointingly, Luis Garcia is suspended fr this match. He always seems to manage a goal on the really big occasions.

My prediction: Liverpool 2-1 West Ham.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
True United fanz never support the Scouserz, we despise em. Shame on you Matt. :p

Teddy to score the winner fo the Hammerz to win it 1-0...! :D

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
True United fanz never support the Scouserz, we despise em. Shame on you Matt. :p
I know that i'm meant to hate Liverpool...but the fact that I don't does not make me any less of a United supporter. I reserve my hatred for Chelsea and Arse in particular. I don't really think that geographical rivalries really matter if you don't live in England.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
2-0 Liverpool.

Cisse, Kewell :D

I definitely hate United far less than the average Liverpool supporter. Don't hate Arsenal either. Chelsea though..

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:
I definitely hate United far less than the average Liverpool supporter. Don't hate Arsenal either. Chelsea though..
A 'Pool supporter that dosen't entirely hate United? I think thats even more rare:)

Good luck tonight Benny. Liverpool do deserve to get something out of this season...even if I am still a little bit bitter at you guys knocking us out.

I hope they win simply because they knocked out Chelsea:) .

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Need I remind everyone that with Almunia, Arsenal finished 2nd on the ladder above the dirty scousers and Man Utd.
And it'll be Liverpool 2-1

matt#1

HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
Need I remind everyone that with Almunia, Arsenal finished 2nd on the ladder above the dirty scousers and Man Utd.
And it'll be Liverpool 2-1
lol...you're joking, right? Surely you are not suggesting that Almunia was the sole reason why Arsenal went from 2nd to 4th:rofl: :rofl: Lehmann is undisputedly better than Almunia...and I hate that cunt as well. I think that Patrick Vieira' absense and the fact that Wenger has been trying to develop a team of youngsters are much better reasons for Arsenal dropping to 4th position in the EPL. Man Utd and Liverpool have also improved considerably during the past season. If anything, Arsenal probably would have finished lower than 4th if they were still using Almunia as the first choice keeper. I'm pretty certain that they wouldn't be playing the the final of the Champions League if Almunia was still the keeper.

Jimmy_B

HSC
g'luck benny mate. hope you punish those cunts for what they did to us last sunday. liverpool is by far the least hateable team in the top 4 too, so hope you buy big and win the title next season as well :)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I didn't suggest that at all, Lehmann's had a good season, but everyone gives Almunia so much shit, but he's nothing like Calamity James or Dudek

johnny_87

HSC
LMF - I would like to see United sign:

Mascherano/Diarra - it looks likely Diarra will come for 20m pds, or less if we give them Silvestre
Ronaldo - we don't want a young striker like Torres/Huntelaar as we need some experienced players alongside the Rooneys and Ronaldos, etc. Also, we don't want to hinder Rossi's development. By the time Ronaldo leaves/retires, Rossi would be 22 probably, at which time he could progress to the starting XI.
Lennon - Plenty of pace and a good crosser (unlike Cristiano).
A new keeper

I would like us to offload Silvestre and O'Shea. I doubt Fletcher will go, and Smith can't go just yet (due to his injury). I suspect it would be best for the club and him if he leaves after next season though. He should return to his role as a striker, but we will have Rooney, Ruud/his replacement, Saha, Rossi and even Ole perhaps. He doesn't have the experience and knowledge to play in centre mid, and besides, we will probably have Diarra, Scholes, Jones, Fletcher and perhaps Mikel (and Giggs can do a job in CAM)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I can't say I hate Liverpool to the max, I did support em over Milan in last yrz UCL final. Well I don't like neither team but I still prefer Liverpool over Milan. Oh how I despise Milan too, just like Arsenal and Chelsea.

Anyone take note about the scandal happenin in Italy atm, it lookz fairly seriouz and consequencez fo Juve include demotion. Apparently Moggi iz an ex-mobster and lookin at some dodgy resultz in Serie A involvin Juve thiz season I ain't surprised by the revelation. Too bad they couldn't fix the UCL matchez against Arsenal. :p

johnny_87 said:
LMF - I would like to see United sign:

Mascherano/Diarra - it looks likely Diarra will come for 20m pds, or less if we give them Silvestre
Ronaldo - we don't want a young striker like Torres/Huntelaar as we need some experienced players alongside the Rooneys and Ronaldos, etc. Also, we don't want to hinder Rossi's development. By the time Ronaldo leaves/retires, Rossi would be 22 probably, at which time he could progress to the starting XI.
Lennon - Plenty of pace and a good crosser (unlike Cristiano).
A new keeper

I would like us to offload Silvestre and O'Shea. I doubt Fletcher will go, and Smith can't go just yet (due to his injury). I suspect it would be best for the club and him if he leaves after next season though. He should return to his role as a striker, but we will have Rooney, Ruud/his replacement, Saha, Rossi and even Ole perhaps. He doesn't have the experience and knowledge to play in centre mid, and besides, we will probably have Diarra, Scholes, Jones, Fletcher and perhaps Mikel (and Giggs can do a job in CAM)
I don't really want Silvestre to go, but I guess wit Heinze back in then he really iz a surplus, I will miss him though, I don't know why. O'Shea yeah hez gone, and Fletcher should go too, Park iz much better than him az a squad player, and we have Richardson also, who if used properly in attack, iz a very dangerouz player. I remember watchin him play at LB and that just completely fucked him over.

Both Mascherano and Mahamadou Diarra will cost quite a fair bit, and there are reportz sayin Diarra won't be comin to United. Corinthians ain't like the other South American clubz, they got plenty of money and won't be ezily pushed around. Lennon and Carrick are both good prospectz, but that latter won't be the type of player who can replace Keane in the short term. Fuckin Ballack, I'll despise the sight of seein him in a blue kunt jersey next season, and Sheva better have some sense and not join the glory fuckerz. I'd rather Fergie spend 20mil on Sheva and get Carrick or somethin in midfield. No maybe not a good idea, but it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Last edited:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
I can't say I hate Liverpool to the max, I did support em over Milan in last yrz UCL final. Well I don't like neither team but I still prefer Liverpool over Milan. Oh how I despise Milan too, just like Arsenal and Chelsea.
I'm not a really big fan of Milan either. But I hate Juve even more. Inter Milan is my fave Italian team.

Mourinho has recently stated in an interview that after Chelsea he wants to coach in Italy...but has no intention to leave at the moment as he is under contract with Chelsea until June 2010. Sometime in the future he plans to coach Portugal as well. I'm dreading the day that happens.

Last edited:

bobbetng

HSC
wel i guess liverpool are strong favourites in 2nites game... which is less than 3 hours from kickoff... but i guess the fa cup is known for its spoils... im hoping for at least an entertaining game.

johnny_87

HSC
I'm not even going to type the worst possible scenario because it would be incomprehendible.

Ballack has given in to the money, and it seems like Milan will receive a truckload to offload Shevchenko to the Chelscum too. And this Chelscum link with Corinthians is just too sus. Tevez to go there, and Mascherano in the future?

I would love it if we could get Ronaldo by selling Ruud to Milan for about the same as we pay Madrid, or make a straight swap.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
bobbetng said:
wel i guess liverpool are strong favourites in 2nites game... which is less than 3 hours from kickoff... but i guess the fa cup is known for its spoils... im hoping for at least an entertaining game.
Yeah...an entertaining game is the best that one can hope for when their team is not involved. I find penalty shoot-outs entertaining...but they are a cruel way to decide a game...so I hope that the result is decided before that can happen. In any case, Stevie G always rises to the occasion and should be good for at least one spectacular goal.

Jimmy_B

HSC
you guys can forget about carrick and lennon. they both want another crack at getting spurs into the top 4. maybe if we fail at that they might move on, but both said they are really happy at spurs.

johnny_87

HSC
Well in a few years if Lennon is good enough he will probably want to go to a team who can win titles - i.e. United :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)