The Pill (1 Viewer)

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Hope women on the pill enjoy their hightened risk of ovarian and breast cancer ..

SqUiMpY

HSC
i was on the pill for about 5 months and the first 3 months i was miserable, id cry for no reason, feel sick all the time id always just feel yuk, i went on it to regulate my periods and yes i still always used a condom with my partner, the first on i was on was called microgynon 30 but they were the ones that made me feel sick so i changed to a lower dosage as the doctor sed the dosage was too high for my body weight ( im underweight apparently lol) so i went to microgynon 20 and i felt fine the first one i was on was around 35 bux for 3 months second was about 50 for 4 months, i stopped taking it coz i kept forgetting to take it at the right time and i kept skipping days and i couldnt see the point LOL it made my boobies sore :p he he he

SweetSeasons

HSC
yeah the pill made me way depressed and i got dumped cause i was depressed.. but i was only on the pill so we could have sex........

i'm never going on the pill again

Skeeta

HSC
i'm going to the docs sometime this week about goin on the pill

i've always had VERY regular periods (28 days... every..single..month)
but lately i've been getting them every two weeks and cramping inbetween. i'm guessing this isnt a good thing, plus my skins breaking out - after being clear all through puberty.

I'm putting it down to stress, because i've been a bit of a nutter lately.. but yeah

do you need to have another pap smear before they put you on the pill?

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
SqUiMpY said:
the first one i was on was called microgynon 30 but they were the ones that made me feel sick
Microgynon seems to be one of the most popular pills GPs like to prescribe for women. This is probably just me but Microgynon was great in the beginning but after a few months, it constantly gave me headaches, my skin was breaking out, i had weird mood swings and became really depressed.
brevinor/Norimin is an older type of pill but it didn't make me put on weight and i didn't get sick like before.
My advice would be if you're on the pill, make sure you've read the little piece of paper in the box about the side effects and go to your doctor regularly to check your blood pressure and for side effects because the pill does increase the risk of heart problems (at least thats what im told).

tara04

HSC
i went on the pill when i was 16. for contraception and also to regulate my periods.also used a condom, and if we didnt he would pull out. better safe then sorry.
I havent really had many side effects apart from a litlle wieght gain. Sometimes i get moody and just cry for no reaosn but usuually it the 2 or 3 days before im expectin my periods. All you girls who are skippin pills so you dont have your periods...DONT DO IT. it is not recommended and doin it too often can cause u serious damage. Those pills are there 4 a reason...Its part of a women's life, i know they totally suck but get over it...they are there...they not guna just becum non existent...they are actually important in our normal bodily function.

Gorjesss

Million Dollar Baby
HSC
I'm on the pill called 'Yasmin'
So far it has been fantastic.
No weight gain, although the typical 'weight gain' most young women describe is actually fluid retention. There is a chemical in some versions of the pill (particularly cheaper versions) that exhibit this characteristic.
For Yasmin, it is a little more expensive - $57/3months.
Good for anyone who wants generally nill side effects.
However, in stating that - everyone is different and this type will work differently on everyone.

Best bet is to try and see what works for you, and if you're happy with it, stick to it!

Take care.
Jesica

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
This may seem dumb, but i dont have 100% knowledge, can a chick get pregnant from Anal sex, if the guy has no condom..i mean if he cums inside her, would it dribble down to her vagina? this seems stupid but i seriously have no clue and have discussed it with a female friend of mine and she is equally clueless? anyone know for sure..

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
I've been on the pill for almost a month, the main reason I went on it was to get rid of my acne, I'm on the Estelle one which the doctor said was effective for it. I also went on it to reduce the severity of my periods and as a contraceptive, but mainly for the acne. For those of you who went on it for the same reason, how long did it take for the pill to start working effectively?

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
Led-Zep said:
This may seem dumb, but i dont have 100% knowledge, can a chick get pregnant from Anal sex, if the guy has no condom..i mean if he cums inside her, would it dribble down to her vagina? this seems stupid but i seriously have no clue and have discussed it with a female friend of mine and she is equally clueless? anyone know for sure..
Is your large intestine connected to your reproductive system?
*think back to those diagrams from the life education happy harold van*

The only way she could get pregnant is if any semen is near the opening and that it happens to work its way deep into the vagina. But just because the risk of pregnancy is low, you are still at a high risk for contracting sexually transmitted infections.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
I have another question, once I reach the sugar pills, that's when I get my period (or soon after), and then when I go back onto the actual pill, does it work as a contraceptive immediately or do I have to wait 7 days every time I go back from the sugar pills to the pill? In other words will I be protected every single day that I'm on the pill, including the days I take the sugar pills?

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yes, if you have taken it for long enough for it to begin working (e.g. i'm not sure but some pills might take a month or so to being working), when it begins working it will work as a contraceptive for the whole time you are taking it (including the sugar pills). it's not like you'll have 2 weeks where you're protected and 2 where you're not every month.

Skeeta

HSC
Led-Zep said:
The vagina and anus arent conected in ANY way. If by some chance, the semen did "dribble" out, theres a possibility, that it would fall onto her panties or something and come into contact with her vagina

Saying that, the chances of her getting pregnant from this is almost zero, as the sperm dies relatively quickly after being released, unless it is in the perfect conditions. Also, the entrance of the vagina (where the semen would probably end up) is NOT where pregnancy occurs, its about 6 inches inwards - and has to pass through the cervix and get to the egg. Its theoretically possible, but chances of it happening are almost zero.

Also, even though you cant get pregnant from anal you should definitely still wear a condom, because the chances of getting diseases such as aids are higher, because it is closer to the bloodstream (or so i've read)

So yeah wear a condom.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
Ok thanks Skeeta, i have one more query, i was discussin this topic wif my mate and we did not have a conclusion at all...what you said was that you can get diseases eg Aids/HIV if you dont wear a condom...What if neither partner has any history of sexual diseases, or does not currently have a disease? how can you contract something if either partner doesnt have it for example HIV/AIDS...how can someone contract that if the two partners are clean?

Skeeta

HSC
Led-Zep said:
Ok thanks Skeeta, i have one more query, i was discussin this topic wif my mate and we did not have a conclusion at all...what you said was that you can get diseases eg Aids/HIV if you dont wear a condom...What if neither partner has any history of sexual diseases, or does not currently have a disease? how can you contract something if either partner doesnt have it for example HIV/AIDS...how can someone contract that if the two partners are clean?
You can only get Aids/HIV from someone who is already infected. However, whether you actually have the disease doesnt appear in blood tests etc straight away, so if there is even a SLIGHT chance.. wear a condom, also a minority of people have hiv/aids but dont know about it.

If you are both clean (and have had STD tests etc) then no, you cant catch anything, but its always better (for health reasons) to have protected sex

alby

cool duckie
HSC
yenta said:
I have another question, once I reach the sugar pills, that's when I get my period (or soon after), and then when I go back onto the actual pill, does it work as a contraceptive immediately or do I have to wait 7 days every time I go back from the sugar pills to the pill? In other words will I be protected every single day that I'm on the pill, including the days I take the sugar pills?
according to my pack (juliet), the only times you're not protected are:
- the fortnight after you start taking the pill (for the first time ever)
- a week after you miss a pill (active ones only)
- a fortnight after changing from a minipill or implant/iud

alby

cool duckie
HSC
how much is yasmin? i'm on brenda/juliet (swapped caus its a bit cheaper..same stuff though)...around $30 for 3 months :)

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
excuse the ignorance, but is there any pill that is generally known not to make a girl put on weight?

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
alby said:
how much is yasmin? i'm on brenda/juliet (swapped caus its a bit cheaper..same stuff though)...around $30 for 3 months :)
Yasmin's about $60 for three months?

and i've just been on it for a month and oh my god my boobs have gotten bigger. it's pretty good, no side effects really apart from some initial nausea and i havent put any weight on. but somehow the boobs have grown. :confused: oh well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)