• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (9 Viewers)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
it's good if you have a good manager/work mates, otherwise it's shit because your trapped with the same people the whole time

Stuart the Mop

HSC
Ahh. The Woolworths Empire in all its glory.

I've worked at one of the busiest Woolies stores in W.A as a front-end Scan-man (the male equivilant of a checkout chick). for the last year. It's not that bad really.

A few months ago I was asked if I wanted to go full-time and be eventually trained in other departments and perhaps moulded into a 2IC.

I said no, but they recently offered it to me again to which I accepted.

I'm doomed! :D

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
milocole said:
What store is this, anyone know?
Looks like the store I work at. We opened a brand new store with the new rollout in July...
Yeppoon Central, i believe.

SpongeHead

HSC
hey guys - I've been reading this thread for quite a while and have enjoyed reading about other people's experiences; both the good and bad, at their woolies. Now it's time for my rant haha

I'm not sure if self-serve checkouts have been rolled out across all stores yet but at my store we have 4 machines. When they are working they are great but more often than not, they freeze, refuse to let operatirs log in, take ages to recognise the weights of items like fresh chickens and some veggies and eventually freeze with this as well. Today two of the 4 broke down.... one wouldn't connect to the store's network (ie kept appearing "Offline") while another kept spitting out more change than it was supposed to - in one case it gave a woman an extra $50 note :O... And just before the end of my shift, a third machine wouldn't give out any notes because the latch on the door of the note dispenser wouldn't close properly argh...

What are your experiences with the self-serve checkouts at your store? Are they more trouble than they're worth? Do they constantly break down and give you trouble? Do your machines spit out more change than they're supposed to? Do they keep freezing? Btw when opening with self-serve, what's the go with having to log in about 5 times before the machine gets out of the "Closed Lane" mode; it's so annoying..:chainsaw::ninja:

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Well.. There's no SS checkouts at my store. But my local store (Riverwood) has them and I use them every time I shop there.. From what I've seen they're all always working.

Stuart the Mop

HSC
SpongeHead said:
hey guys - I've been reading this thread for quite a while and have enjoyed reading about other people's experiences; both the good and bad, at their woolies. Now it's time for my rant haha

I'm not sure if self-serve checkouts have been rolled out across all stores yet but at my store we have 4 machines. When they are working they are great but more often than not, they freeze, refuse to let operatirs log in, take ages to recognise the weights of items like fresh chickens and some veggies and eventually freeze with this as well. Today two of the 4 broke down.... one wouldn't connect to the store's network (ie kept appearing "Offline") while another kept spitting out more change than it was supposed to - in one case it gave a woman an extra $50 note :O... And just before the end of my shift, a third machine wouldn't give out any notes because the latch on the door of the note dispenser wouldn't close properly argh...

What are your experiences with the self-serve checkouts at your store? Are they more trouble than they're worth? Do they constantly break down and give you trouble? Do your machines spit out more change than they're supposed to? Do they keep freezing? Btw when opening with self-serve, what's the go with having to log in about 5 times before the machine gets out of the "Closed Lane" mode; it's so annoying..:chainsaw::ninja:
Thankfully at my store we don't have them.. yet.

We're not supposed to be getting them until the middle of the year.
However, the ones at a Big W near me seem to lag like the mullet.

Some of the customers we have would probably bitch if even the slightest thing goes wrong, further reason for me to dislike the concept.

A lot of trouble for the sake of a few less jobs.

HSC
Ours are always stuffing up. Our area manager told us we're the unluckiest store he's heard of when it comes to self serve. They're just always doing stupid things and freaking out and such.

HSC
I don't think theres a policy. But I used to just say no, I don't get many people asking anymore though. You just gotta put up with it, and if you have the balls and it gets busy tell them you'd rather not as its busy and it will hold up other customers.

Timmo88

HSC
Whats it like working in the Deli and Bakery at woolworths.

Just wondering what its like so i'll know if i'll like it or not

schance

HSC
N/A
Hey Does anyone know if there is someone i can call to inquire how my tranfer request is going/if they have even recieved it? If they dont/cant give you a transfer do they just not tell you? Am i suposed to get any feedback?

I put in for a tranfer 2 months ago, then again 3 weeks ago. My store is notorious for 'shredding them' and just putting them off, or so ive heard..

Last i heard was when i put one in to the pay office, she was overly keen to tell me 'they may not have spots at other stores' and that my reasons of them making me take holidays as a permanant part timer, a closer location of stores, and that my parents couldnt take me anymore "may not be a good enough reason"

WHat are your thoughts?

YAJYAJ

HSC
milocole said:
What store is this, anyone know?
Looks like the store I work at. We opened a brand new store with the new rollout in July...
Yeppoon QLD

H.P

HSC
What would one assume when you have applied for a position the day after it came out, and now that position is off the website and you havn't had any reply or correspondance about it?

H.P

HSC
Just a heads up to anyone who wants to know.

The Woolworths Careers system is currently under a upgrade from Taleo 7.0 to Taleo 7.5 and it seems as such the actual careers section is unreachable.

was wondering when they were going to upgrade to 7.5, guess here it is :)

mitch179

HSC
H.P said:
Just a heads up to anyone who wants to know.

The Woolworths Careers system is currently under a upgrade from Taleo 7.0 to Taleo 7.5 and it seems as such the actual careers section is unreachable.

was wondering when they were going to upgrade to 7.5, guess here it is :)
Upgrade seems to be nearing completion, if not complete.
I just went onto the site and was able to access the careers section, search for jobs etc.

The upgrade is good. Nice, fresh look.

H.P

HSC
yeah it's finished I think too, I miss the old list system though, I found it much cleaner.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
I still never got a reply from my application like 2 months ago. / wrists!

mitch179

HSC
davidbarnes said:
I still never got a reply from my application like 2 months ago. / wrists!
Sometimes you dont get a reply.
There have been occasions where I have applied for jobs on the WOWcareers website and didn't receive anything. Normally you do receive the traditional

"There were so many great candidates for this position but we could not accept all of them and you were not successful in this instance, but we encourage you to apply again"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)