• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (10 Viewers)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Timmo88 said:
Whats it like working in the Deli and Bakery at woolworths.

Just wondering what its like so i'll know if i'll like it or not
Having worked in both, they're both very different from each other, but I also think it would vary from store to store...

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Harry778 said:
someone dropped dead infront of my store today

:(

bit shaken
:( that's not good...
I hate it when customers fall over or become ill in our store... But dying :O

HSC
Random question, doesn't really have to do with Woolies but then again it does. I'm applying for a credit card and obviously it asks for your employment details, including the companies address, phone etc. Would you provide the store address and number or somewhere else like the pay office? On our pay slips it doesn't show an address or anything.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
meow-says-kitty said:
Random question, doesn't really have to do with Woolies but then again it does. I'm applying for a credit card and obviously it asks for your employment details, including the companies address, phone etc. Would you provide the store address and number or somewhere else like the pay office? On our pay slips it doesn't show an address or anything.
Well.. I'd put the store's physical location...

Last edited:

yoddle

is cool
HSC
schance said:
Hey Does anyone know if there is someone i can call to inquire how my tranfer request is going/if they have even recieved it? If they dont/cant give you a transfer do they just not tell you? Am i suposed to get any feedback?

I put in for a tranfer 2 months ago, then again 3 weeks ago. My store is notorious for 'shredding them' and just putting them off, or so ive heard..

Last i heard was when i put one in to the pay office, she was overly keen to tell me 'they may not have spots at other stores' and that my reasons of them making me take holidays as a permanant part timer, a closer location of stores, and that my parents couldnt take me anymore "may not be a good enough reason"

WHat are your thoughts?
Well it depends if they handed your form in to Human Resources or not. I handed one in last week and the SSM rang up my preference stores and had me a job that afternoon (perhaps i'm much shitter than i thought it was). But yeah i only got my second preference because apparently my preferred store was full.

So if they handed it in then give your area's HR officer a call (there should be an internal number you can use from your store) but if they didn't then whoever you handed it it into. And if it's true that they shred transfer forms then go to your union delegate, because that is so fucking wrong and you shouldn't have to put up with it. Woolworths don't give a shit about you you should be able to do what you want.

rachana12

HSC
just a question....

Is it possible for anyone to work in two different safeway stores??
just because of not enough shifts.....

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
there's a staff member at our store who regularly works at another store, and there are provisions for having somebody work at 2 stores in terms of payment/payroll, it's just a question of which store is the "home" store. It can require a lot of co-ordination tho

HSC
wixxy2348 said:
Well.. I'd put the store's physical location...
E.g. my store, Bankstown, is in Centro Bankstown, cnr Rickard Rd and Lady Cutler Ave. And I'd write that.
I appreciate the reply but... have you ever applied for a credit card??

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i'd put the store address as well, that way they can verify your employment. I applied for the woolies credit card...but obviously for that they didnt need my work address, and for my other one they didnt ask. but putting the store address makes sense

HSC
Ok thanks everyone. Someone kept telling me to put head office or something :|

Ughhh its our stores 2nd out of 3 launches tomorrow. What a load of bullshit that all is.

HSC
Well, our stores been open for years, but we finished our re-fit in November so we had a launch then, then we're having another launch today for the new logo/re-fit combined, and we're gonna have another one in a couple of months for some reason.

HSC
All that happens is all these big bosses come in (so all the dept managers stress out and we have to do a ridiculous amount of cleaning), give out cake to customers, they wear sashes for some reason, then go upstairs and congratulate each other then blow each other off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)