• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (9 Viewers)

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Pilotman said:
Also have heard from a friend who is now quite high up, god knows how but anyway, was telling me that they are doing a review of the uniform and this will include a new colour to go with the new layout and logo.

Colour is going to be a browny/green kind of Karkey colour.

Think that stinks especially if they make you pay for them, unless they do what they done with the green ones, gave us all 2 each, and casuals 1 each. He said they are better than the spew green and the logo stands out more and looks great in the new stores otherwise they look out of place. Haven't seen any yet but would be interesting to see!

Everyone should be in them mid year.
This is exactly what the pamphlet available in the staff room says. "The new brand will be available on staff uniforms following a complete review of our existing uniforms. This will be finalised by July 2009"

But others on this forum hav said that they have seen fully rebranded stores with the new uniforms already.
milocole said:
There is a store around the corner from me and its fully rebranded, all new shirts, and all new logo etc...

Its been like that for more than 2 months
Additionally in the 'Fresh market Update" ads seen on TV the guy is now wearing the new shirt. Woolworths Video Announcement

It seems pretty obvious to me that they have decided on the uniform so I dont know what is holding them up until JULY!

ALSO - while writing this post I went to the woolworths website - and it has be REBRANDED!!! ...for those interested.

Last edited:

Russdog

russell
HSC
so did all stores get refurbished?

who the hell is marty hamnett?

Harry778

HSC
yoddle said:
Hey just before New Years a store here was broken into and they managed to steal all the smokes being kept in the front of the shop.

Ever since we have had to take out, tray by tray, all the smokes in the smoke cupboard and place them in boxes, where they are taken up into the cash office. This happens every single night and takes about an hour. Total pain in the arse. Wondering if this has to happen nationwide or whether they've just confined it to Tasmania?

Surely if it could happen here it could happen anywhere?
Our smokeshop cabinet has roller doors that go down them and are padlocked and the cupboards can be locked also.
How annoying for you...Tell them to get a newer/better smoke cabinet so you can just shut them at night time...

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Harry778 said:
Our smokeshop cabinet has roller doors that go down them and are padlocked and the cupboards can be locked also.
How annoying for you...Tell them to get a newer/better smoke cabinet so you can just shut them at night time...
Yeah they're the same as ours, but we STILL have to cart all the smokes upstairs. We only got this hip new smoke cupboard a few months ago, but clearly they can be broken into. But my point being if a thief can break into the smoke cupboards of one woolworths store, surely it can do it for every other (presuming our smoke cupboards are uniform) then shouldn't every store be pulling them out and taking them upstairs like the ones in Tas?

Pilotman

HSC
Thanks for the pamphlet thing, havent seen it and never saw it in the thread as i was too lazy to read all the posts hehe :p

That shirt Marty is wearing must be the colour they are going to roll out......wonder why the fresh market update guy is wearing a greeny then?

Unless they are going to go down the road of management wearing different colour shirts to the staff?? which is kind of a good thing IMO.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
whatashotbyseve said:
I like the look. Also, they have a better uniform than us. Next time Woolworths should not ask Bill from Accounting whether vomit green was a suitable look for 100,000 employees.
I hate the BIG W uniform... There's a BIG W right near my Woolies, and every time I see their staff it reminds me of pyjamas (the old-man type button up PJ shirts).

mlee72

HSC
Pilotman said:
Thanks for the pamphlet thing, havent seen it and never saw it in the thread as i was too lazy to read all the posts hehe :p

That shirt Marty is wearing must be the colour they are going to roll out......wonder why the fresh market update guy is wearing a greeny then?

Unless they are going to go down the road of management wearing different colour shirts to the staff?? which is kind of a good thing IMO.
Maybe they are because i was going to order a new shirt and there are "office" shirts available as well as normal ones. Have this always been the case or is this new?

Harry778

HSC
yoddle said:
Yeah they're the same as ours, but we STILL have to cart all the smokes upstairs. We only got this hip new smoke cupboard a few months ago, but clearly they can be broken into. But my point being if a thief can break into the smoke cupboards of one woolworths store, surely it can do it for every other (presuming our smoke cupboards are uniform) then shouldn't every store be pulling them out and taking them upstairs like the ones in Tas?
I have never heard of any store doing this untill now. I thought every place that sold smokes had to have a lockable cupboard. But we dont have to take them up to the office, thats just annoying, we lock it and thats it...

LOL for you...

tng850

HSC
N/A
How long do you have to work at Woolworths to become a duty manager because there is a guy at my store that has only worked their like 10 months and he has been made duty manager. He is really young as well, like 18.

Steppenwolf

HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

and higher paying than..mcdonalds for instance.

depends what department your in too:

Checkouts and Deli = OMG :evilfire:

Steppenwolf

HSC
Thats way too young to be Duty manager, we have like 3 rotating DM's at the store im at, all over 30 with a ton of experiance

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Steppenwolf said:
Thats way too young to be Duty manager, we have like 3 rotating DM's at the store im at, all over 30 with a ton of experiance
I've been told by my Store manager as soon as I hit 18 they will whip me into DM training. (16 now, assistant produce manager) I thought why not just start it now but then I realize I'll need a liquor license.

I don't think it's too young, our store manager is only 26 and we have a 23 year old DM.

tng850

HSC
N/A
Steppenwolf said:
Well the duty managers at my store are like 23 and 22. I just thought that you would have to work for Woolworths for at least a year before becoming a duty manager but this guy has only been there 10 months. I'm annoyed because I wanted to be trained up and I've worked there 5 years.

danberg

HSC
Any part-timers- I'd really appreciate your help.

Just with checkout operator shifts, how long before a shift can u manage to get out of it?? How much notice minimum is expected (i'm talking now, not christmas holidays). I realise part time is not a flexible as casual, but I REALLY need to get out of a shift!

H.P

HSC
I would imagine anywhere more than 24 hours, less if you can find a replacement for you in that shift, although YOU have to find them and notify the store of the change and if it is appropriate (such as if the person will go over his designated hour limit into overtime, or similar)

while contacting your work you better have a rather good reason for calling in a unavailability because they may like some workplaces call in certain aspects of your work contract if you are under any, regarding availability.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
danberg said:
Any part-timers- I'd really appreciate your help.

Just with checkout operator shifts, how long before a shift can u manage to get out of it?? How much notice minimum is expected (i'm talking now, not christmas holidays). I realise part time is not a flexible as casual, but I REALLY need to get out of a shift!
with 4 weeks notice u can usually get out of any contracted shift if your PPT, 2 weeks is more realistic, but at the minimum you should try get out of it before the rosters for that week are finished

H.P

HSC
ah right i forgot all about rosters, yea i was thinking in terms of short notice replacement, but if you want your workplace to handle it then you have to notify them before rosters are made.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
YAJYAJ said:
New Big W stores look quiet good...

Seem to be taking their time rolling the new look out thou =P
What store is this, anyone know?
Looks like the store I work at. We opened a brand new store with the new rollout in July...

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
So I'm relocating to a larger store...un fortuneately they have no produce positions available but they have a position available in Liquor. What's it like working in liquor, any good?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)