• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (5 Viewers)

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
If I recall (was a long time ago since I got mine) the Discount cards are actually addressed to the SM but has the name of the card holder on it as well. I got mine straight from the SM, or he may give it to your DM.

Do you guys have a Christmas Club night over there? Ours is on the 9th of December and people who have bought Christmas club vouchers get 5% off the value of their voucher and if you are staff you get you additional 5% discount too. We had a vote amongst the managers that the Store Manager has 2 choices of costumes for the night: He can come as Santa or a fairy. He didn't want to do any of them but he doesn't have a choice :)

It'll be fun all round I think, busy but fun.

Last edited:

Harry778

HSC
LOL! I just found a picture of me and a friend in Coles when I was about 12/13.
Hahahah...sorry everyone, I am a traitor.

Craven

HSC
^^ Haha, coles... gross.

Damn, this lady called up and complained about me to the STM.... she reckons she was standing at the service desk in front of me for 10 whole minutes and I looked at her a couple of times and ignored her and didn't offer to help her at all... wtf? First of all, it was during the busiest part of the whole day and there's no way I was standing at the service desk for 10 minutes doing nothing... I was so busy because CSM just left for the day and I was running around getting 500 bells and cleaning up spills and getting replacements and god knows what else I was doing, I can't even remember but all I know is that I was run off my feet.. but if she was standing there for 10 minutes there's no way I WOULDN'T have seen her there... and I've never ignored anyone that I've seen at the desk... even when I've been walking baskets or stuff I've stopped to ask a customer if I can help them if they are standing there... anyways, after this 10 minutes of ignoring her she went around the other side and waited for someone to serve her there where she had to pick up left behind items! Turns out she bought only bought three whole items the night before and left them all behind! WTF? So yeah, I went and got them for her.. when I came back, I got her a bag for them and she goes to me "having a bad day huh?" to which I reply.. "no not really, just a bit busy at the moment, bye!" ... well now I'll have a bad day when you call up to complain about me bitch, lol. Anyways, my STM gave me a cupcake for getting a customer complaint, hehe! ^_^ A sample of a new line haha, then I went and teased the night supervisor on the way out, "look what I got for being naughty!" :p

SS-champion

HSC
on the rare occasion that I do step into Coles (mainly to check out the competition) I always have back luck! eg. I've only dropped my iPhone once and it was when I was in Coles. lol

Harry778

HSC
Lol its ok! We really liked it and spent hot days near the freezers till I found out my house had air conditioning hahaha! Then 2 years later applied for a job at Woolworths and ended up loving it! And felt bad I spent so much time in Coles. When I had my one on one interview, the CSM (who is gone now) said to me "secretly I try to hire good looking people" and I was like :S Thats a bit discriminative!! lol...but really I was shocked.

Black Heart

HSC
I'm happy - I don't work at Woolworths anymore. I had my first shift at Big W (Craven, it's at the new one in Willows) last night in Recovery. Pretty chillaxing job, but you get a lot done in 3 hours shifts. I already really really really dislike a manager... (well, I don't really know what position she is)

Still waiting for my transfer papers to get sent as I can't be put into the Big W system until they get them.. which means I don't have a sign-on number. Which means every shift I have to find a manager and tell them the whole story about how I transfered and that I don't have a sign-on number so they can write down that I worked x day so I still get paid!
(Ps. Big W doesn't have finger scans. Just type a number in and press enter and you're signed on o_O )

Need to wait a few weeks to get my new shirt - gotta work in a white shirt for now.
Going to be a pain trying to find out who is what position, Because the Woolworths I worked at was a really small store, so it was easy to know who is responsible for what.

I'll keep you all updated on how my new job goes.

quick90

HSC
I got called in, to work tomorrow at 5am, on my week off :cool::hammer:
Anyone one else here work on the fraser coast?

Xms party tomorrow night :drink:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
our X-mas party is 18th december, whoo

also, lots of interesting things happening, espescially things to put on my resume
-hired 3 new employees
-terminated 1 employee
-area office released a ranking of all the stores on like 20 different measures, we're number one for lack of LTI's (but then we're number 1 in the country no LTI's in 6 years), number 1 for mystery shoppers, and a whole bunch of other stuff, will have to steal the results to re-craft my resume

also, really starting to <3 my SM and STM/SSM, they may not be the most effective SMT, but they are the nicest. and everybody now is starting to be like "alex, dont goooo, we neeeed you" i *blush*

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
P.S. Anybody wants some townie Woolworths Christmas Selection Chrissy cards from me, just PM, it is part of a great BoS tradition

kahlanei

HSC
I got called in, to work tomorrow at 5am, on my week off :cool::hammer:
Anyone one else here work on the fraser coast?

Xms party tomorrow night :drink:

*Home* for me is the Fraser Coast, but I work in Roma. I'm in Mboro at the moment. :p

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Harry, just had a look at your photobucket...what is so fail about the sign you posted?

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Harry, just had a look at your photobucket...what is so fail about the sign you posted?
i think its the fact that 'frozen poultry' is in the same aisle as all the cleaning chemicals etc. but i may be wrong haha :S

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC

(L to R): me, ex deli 2ic (now deli mgr at another store), ex bakery full timer (now 2ic at another store)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)