The Woolworths Thread (5 Viewers)

HSC
SO sick of people standing around the service desk. Take the fucking initiative and pick a job. Most of serial standers-around are supervisors who should know better. I went down on my tea to take the change bags with the SSO and the quasi-3IC was just standing around with a group of like FOUR chatting away. Not like we hadn't just had our busiest day of the year and heaps of shit needed to be done or anything.
Lol, I feel the same about people standing around doing nothing at the desk. If there is no supervisor when they start, they will look at what register they're on but still stand there. And the other night I asked an operator to clean some registers, so she was up to her second one and it started to get busy so I asked her to jump back on and she goes "WELL DO YOU WANT THESE REGISTERS CLEAN OR NOT"?! I fucking went off! And she pisses me off the most! Always walks off when there is no one around. I'll see her and say what are you doing? And shes older then me and always tries to use that against me..I said to her one day Just remember whos the supervisor and whos the operator, if you dont like it take it up with the CSM! that shut her up..lol.

Haha, my CSM said to me yesterday "honestly Jess, I could run this department with casuals, my full timers are pissing me off so much. At least when you annoy me I can send you back to nontrade."

I didn't know whether to be offended or flattered. But yeah, we have the same problems as Harry and Yoddle said.

EDIT: Who's working saturday? I am, open til two (so four hours). Can't wait to see the Kmart returns desk across from us, last year their line was pretty much at our smokeshop.

Last edited:

bensneddon

HSC
Really?? I didn't think replacments and Maintinance were charged to stores?? But regardless iMatthew u propably shouldn't ring urself
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that because 'register cleaning' is not standard maintenance, it gets charged off to stores. As opposed to a replacement register which does not.

PyroTek

HSC
I'm doing 7am-11am in meat department. they can't afford me for 9 hours.. stupid

Craven

HSC
It should be standard maintenance. They should do it once a year. I can't believe that when they did the refit and had a HUGE team of IT staff in overnight to rebuild the registers, system, etc so the registers got their new numbers, etc, that they didn't clean them then.... I was a bit shocked... how hard is it to get a can of compressed air? Actually, why don't they just send all stores a couple of cans and we can clean them ourselves.. I mean, taking the cover off isn't rocket science.... lol but nah, Woolworths can't trust us minions to do anything haha.

Harry778

HSC
Haha, my CSM said to me yesterday "honestly Jess, I could run this department with casuals, my full timers are pissing me off so much. At least when you annoy me I can send you back to nontrade."

I didn't know whether to be offended or flattered. But yeah, we have the same problems as Harry and Yoddle said.

EDIT: Who's working saturday? I am, open til two (so four hours). Can't wait to see the Kmart returns desk across from us, last year their line was pretty much at our smokeshop.
I would have been offended. lol. My CSM said I'm his favourite out of everyone at the front end. I'm the only boy supervisor too, so that might be why. We share our annoyances of other staff...it's so LOL.

pics from the xmas eve party hahaha..trash.

Xxx.

Last edited:

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Can somebody small like me organize to have IT come out and do a complete clean of all our registers? Can I just call I and ask them to, or does somebody higher up in the store need to organize it?
Simple answer, no. When calling IT Help desk (Might be different over there) but they like to know who they're talking to and your position. They will most likely reject your claim if they know it's a Checkout Operator calling them. Especially something as big as cleaning the registers. Also from what I recall we had someone from IT come out to do an assessment before hand.

It would probably need the back up of either your CSM, SSM or SM. Maybe you could approach one of them and put the idea to them.

Also pretty sure something that is non essential (i.e doing a clean without it being necessary) is charged to the Store.

Last edited:

SS-champion

HSC
I would have been offended. lol. My CSM said I'm his favourite out of everyone at the front end. I'm the only boy supervisor too, so that might be why. We share our annoyances of other staff...it's so LOL.

pics from the xmas eve party hahaha..trash.

Xxx.
I'm the only guy supervisor at my store! :)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Since some of us have already started work (ie Wixxy), happy xmas eve folks.

Night.
Haha thanks babikakez :p
I haven't even been on bos since the night before til now! :(
Silly Woolies :eek:

My store went slightly better yesterday (Eve) than the day before; had some crazy rushes throughout the day!

And the sales in liquor were massive! Beat my department (perish) by $11k, but jeez they were moving some stock!

Merry Christmas all! And thank you NSW Government for knocking back the exemptions for boxing day! Yeww!
Dimzi, did you guys make sales both days? Bakery was under for the 23rd, nfi about Christmas Eve though. :chainsaw:

Also yeahh, love this not open on Boxing Day thing.
*relaxes*

Harry778

HSC
my staff love me, said it was the best christmas ever, because i actually rostered people on, q's were never more than 1 deep but we're still on track to beat last years sales (despite a bigger new store like 5 minutes away). never realised how draining "proper" supervision is (i.e. not serving, just totally dealing with customers, sending people on breaks/home, spot checks etc.)

Merry Christmas all of you <3
Hahaha! Try coming to my store. Supervisors arent allowed to serve even..dont know why? You'd get used to it...when I started s/vision I was like...how to ppl do this every day...I can hardly do it every second weekend (and every wednesday) lol.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Monday's double time and a half, though my understanding is if you were paid for your Saturday shift, or worked Saturday and got double time and a half for it, you can't then get double time and a half on Monday.

Tomorrow, being Sunday, will be time and a half as always.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)