The Woolworths Thread (6 Viewers)

PyroTek

HSC
I worked all day today, 9 hours pay... So i'ma go and "choose" that as my day for penalty rates, cause apparently we get to choose according to the agreement. :D

Was a pretty good day, our CSM was like "you know more than me, you should be manager, not me!"
Thanks to you guys:
Re: Being able to do the idea spotlight on storenet (not tilll mid feb though)
Also: Online Telco Checks on registers etc.

Good stuff!

HSC
We have about nine telco checks to enter into the register tomorrow, looks like on Thursday the smokeshop operators used the forms and didn't tell us, only found them while looking for something else at close.

I'm making them a job for first thing tomorrow morning.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Doing 0630 - 1500 on Monday, so hopefully it's public holiday rates! I hope so, because I worked for 4 hours today - so fingers crossed.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
LOL, the calling IT registers thing reminded me of something. I'm only one of like 2 people in the store who can ever be bothered to call IT about anything, and recently i've been calling them once or twice a day to reset out EFTPOST servers to fix RT Comms errors, and my last name is double baralled and long to spell (which i have to do everytime) so the other day i just gave them the first half of my last name, at the end of the call the guy goes "hey, i thought your last name was supposed to be double baralled" and i just lolled, i think they must log every single time i call.

HSC
You can hell tell our Monday is being paid at public holiday rates. They've really skimped on operators, its an 8am-9pm day, but less than two pages of grids. And most of those people are doing 3-5 hour shifts. Its going to be a little bit problematic, I think.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
lol, i've come round to the idea of taking public holidays off, the extra pay isnt worth it any more - too much stress and shit cause they skimp on workers, so i'm working monday, but not friday, and will never work a public holiday again.

HSC
Today was allright, I barely served all day (even though I was on as an operator) and we got a lot done (ie four days worth of reports). Went and helped in cash office for approx two hours, they were super behind today (we didn't get our first change order until nearly 2 oclock).

Monday though, I'm on 10-5. I will not leave my register apart from breaks, I bet you.

And Friday, well, I'm on from 2pm, but my CSM said to me after she did the rosters "I know you'll hold up reasonably, so you'll be top of my list to call in, k". Just great.

Last edited:

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
We had no joke over 200 calls today asking when we were opening/closing. We may have just opened. The SDA seems happy to trumpet that they got Boxing dDay off for their workers, but what about those who aren't in the SDA and would rather work? I certainly wouldn't say no to the money. Although you do question your faith in humanity sometimes when people can't survive two days without stocking up on groceries.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Fuck meeeeeeeeee.
My 2IC is on night shift atm.
She called me at 3 am to have a 45 minute chat about work. And I start at 5.
Hahaha :mad1:

Otacon2009

HSC
I think it's fair to say that during Easter and Christmas Eve, there are only two types of customers: Those who haven't got their shit together and those who panic that just for 24 hours, they can't shop or gamble. Seeing how people run through the gates at 4 in the morning for the sake of saving a few $$$ is pitiful.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
You can hell tell our Monday is being paid at public holiday rates. They've really skimped on operators, its an 8am-9pm day, but less than two pages of grids. And most of those people are doing 3-5 hour shifts. Its going to be a little bit problematic, I think.
Lolmachine. Less than two pages of grids? On mondays we're lucky to have two thirds of a page. Let alone Sundays and Saturdays (shudder).

I had a total townie moment yesterday. A supervisor rang me at home asking me how to do the POS ID checks. I was so chuffed. But also annoyed that our CSM hasn't bothered to make a supervision comms book - resulting in a massive lack of communication and know-how.

HSC
Lolmachine. Less than two pages of grids? On mondays we're lucky to have two thirds of a page. Let alone Sundays and Saturdays (shudder).

I had a total townie moment yesterday. A supervisor rang me at home asking me how to do the POS ID checks. I was so chuffed. But also annoyed that our CSM hasn't bothered to make a supervision comms book - resulting in a massive lack of communication and know-how.
We normally have a page and a half on 10-5 days, and its super busy. So to have that on an 8-9 day is a terrifying prospect.

You must have appalling communication in your store. All supervisors in mine knew how to do ID checks the first shift that they were in after it started, in fact some operators know how to as well. Whether they choose to or not is another story...

Harry778

HSC
Well well! I'm doing 1.30 to 10.30 tonight close s/vision. Hope you are all thinking of me, because I'm sure it's going to be fucking busy! And THIS is my normal week end on. So not looking forward to this. :(

Haha, on a normal day we have 2 and a half to 3 pages of grids lol.
Tomorrow will also be fucked.

BSammy

HSC
Yeah, this week will kinda suck, our front end had an increased wage budget for this week, but the two public holidays take most of that money, so the numbers are down almost all week.

SS-champion

HSC
You must have appalling communication in your store. All supervisors in mine knew how to do ID checks the first shift that they were in after it started, in fact some operators know how to as well. Whether they choose to or not is another story...
I don't think any supervisors/managers at my store know how to do the online ID check on the POS except me and 2 others I have told.

Today: a supervisor says to me "I wish we could do this on the register!"
me: "yeah you can!" LOL

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Fuck Sakes.

Today is the only Sunday we get a Produce delivery all year. So it was about noon and I thought, shit no one has recevied & posted my order (Sine we have no Storeroom on Sunday) so I went through to the computer, got the order number, put it in the gun and Whoop - Sorry this order cannot be received as it has been cancelled. FUCK. So I went to the computer, done a bit of digging and low and behold it had CANCELLED next to it.

So I rang help desk because obviously it was a mistake. Spoke to her for about 20 minutes while she tried to log onto the Workstation I was on, but she couldn't. 3 workstations later she was in. After about another 10 minutes, she came to the conclusion she couldn't do anything. I asked her if she could just reverse the cancellation but that was too hard. So instead she told me to contact the National Order office in Australia. So I rang the number - Access denied. Tried another phone, access denied. Tried the SM's phone, access denied. FUCK they've disabled internation calling! Bastards. So I ring help desk again and they patch me through. Waited for 10 minutes with the stupid We areeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee we areeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the fresh food people song. Finally got through, explained my problem and all I got from her was a "Sorry we can't help" and she hung up. Bitch. So I rung the help desk back and she told me to try the DC. So I tried the DC, went straight through to answering machine so I just assumed they weren't there.

Next stop on the Journey, I rang the Area Manager (At home, was not very happy) and he suggested ringing the Buying team. So I rang Buying and they said, Uhmm no not our problem. Try the DC and he patched me through. THIS time it worked. So I was talking to him, and again, sorry nothing we can do. Not our problem. So I rang the Area manager back again and he said the last solution was to ring the guy who was incharge of AutostockR, so I did and he answered very abruptly (must have been at home) and I explained my situation and just said "Check your email". FUCK. Well there is absolutely no person in my store with Email access on a Sunday, because they took that access away from the Duty managers because they didn't think they needed it. But I then remembered that the SM had given me his Citrix access a few weeks ago and luckily the password still worked. And Low and behold, an email sent at 6.47am from AutostockR titled - Cancelled Orders explaining HOW to fix it.

This is now 1.30 pm. I have spent over an hour trying to fix the fucking problem when all the time it was sitting in the email inbox. And naaaaaaaaaah they don't need email access!

What a day.

And you probably couldn't be fucked reading all that. In fact I couldn't be bothered re reading it back so probably some errors :p

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Work was cool today.
Happy with how some stuff has turned out.
Will elaborate on here when stuff eventuates :D (next couple of weeks I spose)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)