• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (7 Viewers)

PyroTek

HSC
pretty sure you have to choose between the saturday and monday... That's what my managers have been telling me... Ca$h office lady got a bit pissy at me because "apparently it's too late to choose" - but she put in my choice anyway..
Today was real cruisy, 3 hour shift, we finished ALL the tickets last night, 2 of us (Me taking them down while she put them up, and then i helped put them up for an hour. - took 6 hours between us. Good going, usually takes double that.
So yeah, Today all I did a store walk with the Catalogue and then Started helping Longlife etc.
Good stuff.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Red Rock Delli chips wern't coming up at specials so we had to do a scanning policy on them today.
We had a few scanning policy issues ourselves, today. Our bakery's on the special buy program, though our prices are lower than the regular special buy program prices. The specials must have expired, coz they all went up to the regular special buy program price (wow, gee, thanks systems for TELLING us this) so scanning policy was like crazy until they fixed it. :eek:

Also :music: working 5.00 - 15.30 on NYD. Yay money.

Harry778

HSC
Overall a good but busy day. Was on SCO from 0630 - 1500. We didn't have an S/S (smokeshop) operator today, so the supervisor (who happens to be my 2IC), and I were balancing more then we could handle.

Her and me were running around like crazy headless chickens, she was in S/S doing smokes, general supervision, baskets, etc etc, whilst I was doing self serve and serving smokes when she wasn't in s/s (a lot of the time), mind you the SCO is flat stick, don't ask me how I managed both!
Had to call about 5 express alerts today. I was on my way out and I said to my 2IC "I can't believe we managed this today", she replied "yeah you were fantastic, so so SO glad you were here, could not have done it without you. You called express alerts when needed and were proactive, I would have been in so much trouble if you didn't call those when needed! You were fantastic today, thanks heaps. Definitely looking at a future of s/vision".

Pretty pleased with that, but such a hectic day. My 2IC is the most nicest, lovely person I think Safeway/woolies has, I swear. Also happy with the SCO shift I got back for new years day now. This week is as follows:

[SCO] Monday -- 0630 - 1500
[SCO] Wednesday -- 1500-2230
[SCO] Thursday -- 1500-2230
[SCO] Friday -- 0730 - 1500 (we open at 8 that day as opposed to 7)
[SCO] Saturday -- 1500 - 2130

I hope Saturday AND Today is 2.5x, because that's about 11.5 hours of double time and a half this week! And new years day is double time and a half also, so I am making quite a bit of $$$ atm :p

Anyway, be good.
Your shift on Friday is not a 10 hour gap between shifts on thursday. It's only 9! haha, unless its different where ever you are.

Gahh, I hate going to lunch so early. It's going to be a looooong night, very busy.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Your shift on Friday is not a 10 hour gap between shifts on thursday. It's only 9! haha, unless its different where ever you are.

Gahh, I hate going to lunch so early. It's going to be a looooong night, very busy.
That means I get 0730 to 0830 at OT rates ;) (on top of 2.5x ?? :\)

Craven

HSC
No, actually it's the entirety of your shift at OT until you are released from work for said 10 hour break.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
No, actually it's the entirety of your shift at OT until you are released from work for said 10 hour break.
Snap. But it won't matter will it, as it is already double time and a half, will OT be applied OVER the top of that, or do penalty rates cap at 2.5x?

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
I am telling you now, best case scenario they will give you a day in lieu. Just tell them now, sacrifice the hour (preferably on the night before so you get max public rates) and keep their trust. If you rape them here, they will not trust you again and you will unlikely get any extra shifts/supervision/whatever you want. It's a mutual thing.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I am telling you now, best case scenario they will give you a day in lieu. Just tell them now, sacrifice the hour (preferably on the night before so you get max public rates) and keep their trust. If you rape them here, they will not trust you again and you will unlikely get any extra shifts/supervision/whatever you want. It's a mutual thing.
What I might do is do that hour (0730 to 0830) unpaid, so then just get paid from 0830 to 1500. I want to keep that shift so I'm willing to do that.

HSC
Why should you though? Thats THEIR bad rostering.

Sorry, I'm still bitter about the week where no department would pay me my last 3 hours as overtime, nontrade arguing I'm with them 5 hours every week so why should they pay me more because f/e can't roster, and f/e arguing that my hours weren't with them.
In the end it worked out as less than $10, but still, no one would pay it.

Had an allright day today, though it was annoying that our CSM wouldn't move anyone up to express so I had to stay there all day. :( Unneccessary.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Why should you though? Thats THEIR bad rostering.

Sorry, I'm still bitter about the week where no department would pay me my last 3 hours as overtime, nontrade arguing I'm with them 5 hours every week so why should they pay me more because f/e can't roster, and f/e arguing that my hours weren't with them.
In the end it worked out as less than $10, but still, no one would pay it.

Had an allright day today, though it was annoying that our CSM wouldn't move anyone up to express so I had to stay there all day. :( Unneccessary.
It was more of a quick decision from my 2IC about doing that shift, so now that I know it's not 10 hours, I feel bad because she's probably the one who will get in trouble if I say nothing, and she is nice I don't want her to get in trouble.

HSC
It was more of a quick decision from my 2IC about doing that shift, so now that I know it's not 10 hours, I feel bad because she's probably the one who will get in trouble if I say nothing, and she is nice I don't want her to get in trouble.
Yeah I guess. Thats like one of our bakery assistants is doing 6-19.30 today...I don't think our STM knew what time he started. On a roster that would never have happened, but when the 3-7.30 person calls in sick, they didn't even notice.

HSC
I'm sorry but this may sound a little weird but how do we check wish gift card balances? I normally put it through as a $0.01 when they pay up cuz 99.99999% of them don't know the balance or have conveniently dumped the receipt with the balance on it. Is it under WOWCARD ENQUIRY?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)