The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

Harry778

HSC
Went to Town Hall woolies today. It was so busy! And they only have express registers..I was like WTF. My mum was pointing out every little imperfection!! They need to do this, they havent done that...eww this store is so gross! Glad I dont work here. SHUT THE FUCK UP! lol..nah shes like that. Other than the work side of her shes awesome.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
lol. Arent you in WA? hahaha. Sounds good. It wont be that bad cos she works at woolies so she know what everything is anyway =D I have to be extra careful what I say at home about who at work too. There is always so much gossip at my store. Probably cos they're all young..most of them. I always get home and go "OMG guess what"! haha.

She starts tomorrow...fuuucckk. I start at 6am and she starts at 7 as SSM. Not looking forward to wednesday..thats my s/vision shift. I can just tell she'll be on my back about everything!

Driving to Town Hall Woolies today..should be interesting.

FIRST POST ON PAGE 500!
Just don't call her "mum" over the P.A, roflllll.

BTW - Is it possible to do shifts interstate?? Omg epic idea of Woolworths exchange program LOL.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Lol oh fuck, DM just called me and i shit my pants!
The SCO open person today was EXTREMELY angry at me because I forgot to empty the sco bins last night. She had a 5 minute rage at me when I got in today.
Wasn't my fault though, I only started closing self serve 20 minutes after close because a silver key was missing and we searched high and low for it. Usually I am 100% done by 20 minutes past.

So I got called just then to do a shift, and then the person I was speaking to says "DM wants to speak to you". I'm thinking "well this is no doubt about that".. He gets on the phone and goes "Mathew? You are in BIG trouble!." I'm like "....am i??", heart raced lolol. Just wanted to say thanks for coming in today and thats for the xmas/ny's whishes and etc (awesome duty manager).

Anyway

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
I would absolutely hate working with one of my parents at Woolies...Knowing me I probably would say "Mum you have a call on blah blah" lol.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Yeah i think I walked past it when i was in syd. they have like two sets of registers on either side of the store?

HSC
Went to Town Hall woolies today. It was so busy! And they only have express registers..I was like WTF. My mum was pointing out every little imperfection!! They need to do this, they havent done that...eww this store is so gross! Glad I dont work here. SHUT THE FUCK UP! lol..nah shes like that. Other than the work side of her shes awesome.

I know that store freaks me out kinda, it has registers in like the deli and the bakery, kinda like wtf.

woo only 1 shift then holidays :D

open-12 on self serve wooohooo :music:, Thank god the girl who takes over 12, is always 10 minutes early!! (No matter what!)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
oh my harry, you poor thing, she will not only be working with you but she is "fresh obsessed" as well

yoddle

is cool
HSC
OK office cashiers n shit, i have some questions re: payslips.

I just got round to looking at a whole stack from my last store and i'm like wtf!?

Under descriptions, I'm thinking that the number and letter dictate some kind of duties, e.g. 3A, 3M etc. Does anyone know what 3J and 3M are?
Also, what the fuck is '3X CPHW270' because the pay rate was $31.6294 an hour!!! Apparently i did 3.50hrs of them in early November.
Another time i did 13 minutes of 3M CAS+100, is that going past midnight or something?

Thanks in advance.

copeys= how the hell could CSM that!? you'd have to have a supervisor allocated to each set and the CSM working off one I'm presuming. It would be kinda cool. Maybe i will stay with Woolies when I move to Sydney.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
OK office cashiers n shit, i have some questions re: payslips.

I just got round to looking at a whole stack from my last store and i'm like wtf!?

Under descriptions, I'm thinking that the number and letter dictate some kind of duties, e.g. 3A, 3M etc. Does anyone know what 3J and 3M are?
Also, what the fuck is '3X CPHW270' because the pay rate was $31.6294 an hour!!! Apparently i did 3.50hrs of them in early November.
Another time i did 13 minutes of 3M CAS+100, is that going past midnight or something?
These are the codes used in Paymas, which is basically the Payroll system for every woolworths division (afaik), it's kind of like Host but for people not products, and it entirely controls how much you get paid and stores all your personal information. There are, thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of different codes for different things because it is used accross all divisions, e.g. i'm a MGMT1012 (Non Salaried Department Manager) working in company 1001, brach 1360, in department 121 (checkouts). Then there are all the codes for additions/deductions for pay and non worked hours, F8 is First Aid, A2 is higher duties allowance, CJ is TOIL, SA is sick leave, AA is annual leave, SZ is sick pay not paid, AZ is annual leave not paid, CU is Other Non Paid Leave, JA is jury duty, PA is public holiday not worked, CP is closed public holiday, NA is picnic day.

as for the specific codes, the 3 denotes your a casual, and the letter is the loading

so 3A is Casual Ordinary Hours
6A is PPT/FT Ordinary hours
3J is Casual + 50% loading (for sundays in NSW i use it for at least)
not sure about 6M, i'm guessing after 12 on some day or another
6S is Ordinary Hours + OT150%
6T is Ordinary Hours +200%, you get the idea

i'm alsmost certain 3X CPHW270 stands for Casual Public Holiday Worked 270% loading.

all the codes are on Storenet, just search for the Paycode sheet for TAS

Last edited:

SS-champion

HSC
oh my harry, you poor thing, she will not only be working with you but she is "fresh obsessed" as well
"It's not just a job it's an obsession" lol

I think I'm fresh obsessed too... always checking out what other stores are like and what they do different etc. :)

Otacon2009

HSC
The last cent in all the products on shelves. Are they randomly added or is it simply a status of the product (ie. 00 priced products are about to be deleted, 05 products are on special etc)?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
The last cent in all the products on shelves. Are they randomly added or is it simply a status of the product (ie. 00 priced products are about to be deleted, 05 products are on special etc)?
i dont get what you mean, like how things are priced at $10.99

if it's that your talking about, thats purely for profit reasons i think, 2c isnt much to one customer, but 2c on every bottle of coke you sell adds up

kahlanei

HSC
These are the codes used in Paymas, which is basically the Payroll system for every woolworths division (afaik), it's kind of like Host but for people not products, and it entirely controls how much you get paid and stores all your personal information. There are, thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of different codes for different things because it is used accross all divisions, e.g. i'm a MGMT1012 (Non Salaried Department Manager) working in company 1001, brach 1360, in department 121 (checkouts). Then there are all the codes for additions/deductions for pay and non worked hours, F8 is First Aid, A2 is higher duties allowance, CJ is TOIL, SA is sick leave, AA is annual leave, SZ is sick pay not paid, AZ is annual leave not paid, CU is Other Non Paid Leave, JA is jury duty, PA is public holiday not worked, CP is closed public holiday, NA is picnic day.

as for the specific codes, the 3 denotes your a casual, and the letter is the loading

so 3A is Casual Ordinary Hours
6A is PPT/FT Ordinary hours
3J is Casual + 50% loading (for sundays in NSW i use it for at least)
not sure about 6M, i'm guessing after 12 on some day or another
6S is Ordinary Hours + OT150%
6T is Ordinary Hours +200%, you get the idea

i'm alsmost certain 3X CPHW270 stands for Casual Public Holiday Worked 270% loading.

all the codes are on Storenet, just search for the Paycode sheet for TAS

Why would I have a CU OTH N/P when I worked all my rostered hours and then some?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Why would I have a CU OTH N/P when I worked all my rostered hours and then some?
you shouldnt, unless you finished early one day and the SSO put it in, then forgot to take it out. normally we use CU for when a PPT'er doesnt do all their contracted hours, it's like the oppossite of overtime

Otacon2009

HSC
i dont get what you mean, like how things are priced at $10.99
Er yeah. So for example a 200g box of yummy, crunchy Arnott's Cheese and Bacon Shapes costs $3.05. Some of the specials have them listed at 2 for $4.00 others reduce it to $2.95. I was told by someone at Big W that the last cent is because it helps sort what to do with the product like lines pending deletion etc.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Er yeah. So for example a 200g box of yummy, crunchy Arnott's Cheese and Bacon Shapes costs $3.05. Some of the specials have them listed at 2 for $4.00 others reduce it to $2.95. I was told by someone at Big W that the last cent is because it helps sort what to do with the product like lines pending deletion etc.
not in woolworths stores as far as i know. I know almost always a line will go on special before it is deleted just to help clear stock from the warehouses/stores, but the prices are otherwise chosen because thats their price. There are some variations between prices between stores based on what Financial Fine Department you come under (e.g. at my store, meat is fine department 950, but it might be different in other stores [note the fine department for financials is different to the fine department in Back Office])

kahlanei

HSC
you shouldnt, unless you finished early one day and the SSO put it in, then forgot to take it out. normally we use CU for when a PPT'er doesnt do all their contracted hours, it's like the oppossite of overtime

Hmmm. Weird...

Don't really have to worry about it now I'm salaried... But was curious as to why it was there. Was probably a stuff up...

kahlanei

HSC
Do you get an allowance for having First Aid in the store? (having First Aid certificate)

I might be wrong, but I think it's only if it's part of your duties to perform first aid when necessary anywhere in store... EG: If someone was injured in deli and you were working on checkouts, you'd go to deli...

I'm probably wrong though.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Do you get an allowance for having First Aid in the store? (having First Aid certificate)
IF the store recognises you officially as a first aid person, then yes, you get like $1.96 per shift (in NSW at least)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)