The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

HSC
I had an awful day today :( We were really short (due to hours being cut/no shows), and then around 4ish I got asked to work in deli. I've never done deli/seafood before, and the deli assistant in there was awful (I'm not actually sure if she works in my store, I know deli had sickies today so she may have been called in from somewhere else). Pretty much she didn't want anyone who didn't know what they were doing, but then of course that meant she had no help. I was in there about 15 minutes before I rang my SM and was like, she's a bitch, get me the fuck out of here. The accompanying tears meant that I got what I wanted.

Then, some kid peed on the floor. Then his dad was an asshole about the fact we don't have canned black beans (I tried convincing him that maybe his list actually needed canned black bean sauce, but to bo avail). Then they went through the checkouts as the last customer of the day and didn't have any money at all.
Fucktards.

BUT, I got 23 tills counted in less than 45 minutes. Thats the best I've ever done.

Just don't call her "mum" over the P.A, roflllll.

BTW - Is it possible to do shifts interstate?? Omg epic idea of Woolworths exchange program LOL.
I'd so work in each of your stores. But I have such an image of everyone in my head that it'd never work out like that.

lol. Arent you in WA? hahaha. Sounds good. It wont be that bad cos she works at woolies so she know what everything is anyway =D I have to be extra careful what I say at home about who at work too. There is always so much gossip at my store. Probably cos they're all young..most of them. I always get home and go "OMG guess what"! haha.

She starts tomorrow...fuuucckk. I start at 6am and she starts at 7 as SSM. Not looking forward to wednesday..thats my s/vision shift. I can just tell she'll be on my back about everything!

Driving to Town Hall Woolies today..should be interesting.

FIRST POST ON PAGE 500!
I do not sympathise with you.

Went to Town Hall woolies today. It was so busy! And they only have express registers..I was like WTF. My mum was pointing out every little imperfection!! They need to do this, they havent done that...eww this store is so gross! Glad I dont work here. SHUT THE FUCK UP! lol..nah shes like that. Other than the work side of her shes awesome.
I sort of know what you mean. I work with the daughter of our Compliance Officer, and she's always whinging that her mum does that in every store.

brookie94

HSC
Is there any way for meticulous check my scan rate on the register?

And babikakez what was so dodgy about that big w profile?

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
Oh, just that I reckon someone is stalking this thread/us. It came up in someone's last 10 visitors to their user page. Cant remember who though.
:uhoh: But why would they bother creating an account?? Weird...

I wish they'd fix some of the quirks that we have with WOWPOS at the moment. I'm not sure whether this occurs at all stores, but newspapers are under the "cigars" menu, the letter "S" doesn't exist and apparently the letter "Z" comes before "WXY". Either they can't be bothered fixing these things or think we're too stupid to realise.
Also having issues with Packham Pears, they continue to disappear from the system every couple of days.

Is there a rule about how many bundles of notes we're allowed to keep in the tills. Mine today had over SIX bundles of 5 dollar notes.

Otacon2009

HSC
I think it doesn't matter until cash office asks you to do a pickup and you follow standard pick up procedure (Count x amount of 50's, 20's, 10's and 5's and send the rest along with EFTs to the cash office)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I think it doesn't matter until cash office asks you to do a pickup and you follow standard pick up procedure (Count x amount of 50's, 20's, 10's and 5's and send the rest along with EFTs to the cash office)
But you only do pickups on 50's and 20's and leave $100 of each?
A final pickup on Sunday you would, wouldn't you?

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Also having issues with Packham Pears, they continue to disappear from the system every couple of days.
Sometimes products will randomly drop off the drill downs, believe me I get so many calls a day complaining that specific items are no longer on the drill downs.

We also find that any changes we make to the product, for example the Short Description in ISIS so that the name will appear differently on the Drill Downs are always reverted the following day, same applies to forcing quantities. For example I make sure Capsicums and Broccoli always come up with the Force Quantity box.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
woah, they are each priced there? :O we pay by the kilo!
Your Broccoli and Capsicums? Things like Apple, pears, stone fruit, hard produce (loose potatos/onions/kumara etc) are all charge by weight. Our rival store (I say Rival, but they aren't really because they're smaller) but they charge their Capsicums by kg, which I think is stupid.

HSC
:uhoh: But why would they bother creating an account?? Weird...

I wish they'd fix some of the quirks that we have with WOWPOS at the moment. I'm not sure whether this occurs at all stores, but newspapers are under the "cigars" menu, the letter "S" doesn't exist and apparently the letter "Z" comes before "WXY". Either they can't be bothered fixing these things or think we're too stupid to realise.

Is there a rule about how many bundles of notes we're allowed to keep in the tills. Mine today had over SIX bundles of 5 dollar notes.
Our newspapers have always been in Cigars, along with other misc things.

My store has said no more than three bundles in each till, but of course people don't like this and order heaps more. We (my SSM/CSM and I) did a team talk last week on the issue, but its not really well supported by our 2IC/3IC, so its not going to work when they order stack of change each time.

HSC
Woohoo extra shift tomorrow :)

3-7 :D ....wow think thats the most excited i have ever been about work, only said yes because i am in need of $$$ and the supervisor who asked me, usually lets me help out with mini supervising jobs :) cos she usually does tuesday nights yay

danberg

HSC
Just got the sda mag in the mail, answers a couple of questions
1: because boxing day fell on a saturday this year both the Saturday and Monday were public holidays (In VICTORIA- not other states)- that explains my very impressive pay slip!
2: interim PAY RISE as of TODAY!! (new agreement to be rolled out "in early 2010")

Harry778

HSC
oh my harry, you poor thing, she will not only be working with you but she is "fresh obsessed" as well
ohh yeah! She is majorily lol. I Finished at 3. She started today. She was mostly up stairs in her office, the only time I saw her was when she came to check the food safety book and to make sure all the new prices were on smoke shop. (I was on there, so of course they would have been lol) Then I saw her in produce talking to one of the assistants and when she walked away from him, he rolled his eyes aaahahaha!! 1 day down, alot more to go..

Harry778

HSC
Harry, Has your mum ever entered a coles - Does she do the same thing there? Or worse?
She wont usually set foot in coles. She says she doesnt hate them cos she works for woolies, she just generally hates them. hahah..but yes she does! omg its so bad. "If I worked here this place would be so different" The FUNNIEST thing she said was "this place is fucking sick, what do they think they're doing" I laughed so hard for about 20 mins lol. And also, once one of the operators was KIND OF rude to us, not overly she just looked like shed been there all day and when we left (this is in coles) mum goes "rude bitch, we must of gave out that woolworths vibe..thats why she was so fucking rude" HAHAHA! yeah...she hates them alright..

No offence Daria. (cant remember your member name)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Hi Guys.
i was just wondering if anyone know how to create an account for "office" on the computer at woolies.
my CSM tried for me today but forgot how.....:)
And also in conjunction with your question;

Are the only people who get accounts, supervisors? I'm not a supervisor but would like one since I write stuff off/need force signoff/etc etc
Hmm.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
You will get office access when you need it. Unauthorized access/use of a computer or any systems can be a disciplinary offense. Same with using Supervisor numbers if you are not a supervisor (Regardless of whether or not a Supervisor gives them to you, you as the one who uses them are subject to disciplinary action)

Matthew, why would you need to force people off if you are not a Super? Surely if a register is Secured the person who secured it isn't far away, or in the case of someone leaving it secured and leaving, can you not just ask your Super?

always-safeway...Chances are your CSM won't have the access authority on Office to add users. As far as I know the only authority level store wise is Manager (As in Store Manager), and in my store the only people who have that level is obviously the Manager and the SAM (Our version of SSM). So if you need Office access I would get your CSM to ask the SSM about it.

Or if your CSM does have 'Manager' (or other access), along the top there is a button with (from memory) two people and a key. Click that and see what screen comes up. If you aren't authorized a Change password screen should come up. If you are authorized a User management screen will come up.

That's all from memory though so don't quote me on any of the above! :p

Craven

HSC
It's under Office User Maintenance in one of the drop downs in the Office Cashier menu (available menus that are linked to users are in the top right hand corner). All the duty managers have access to the Office Cashier menu in my store because we always print a copy of the WBS at the end of the night (a just-in-case the server blows up or something we have a hardcopy of the data) and the SSA doesn't work to close anymore. Chances are your CSM doesn't have access to Office Cashier unless they do duty. You shouldn't need access to Office unless you are a supervisor though (and there isn't much in the service supervisor menu either).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)