The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

HSC
It's under Office User Maintenance in one of the drop downs in the Office Cashier menu (available menus that are linked to users are in the top right hand corner). All the duty managers have access to the Office Cashier menu in my store because we always print a copy of the WBS at the end of the night (a just-in-case the server blows up or something we have a hardcopy of the data) and the SSA doesn't work to close anymore. Chances are your CSM doesn't have access to Office Cashier unless they do duty. You shouldn't need access to Office unless you are a supervisor though (and there isn't much in the service supervisor menu either).
There's not much point having Office access unless you have Service Manager access at least. I'm in the system, but I'm not allocated to any menus (I used to have Office Cashier when I relieved in there as the role I am now but it got deleted). Everything I do needs Service Manager, so unless I can have that there's no use.

I always make sure I have someone with Service Manager's password at all times (there's three with it), otherwise I can't do reports/check unrecalled transactions etc. And when I do cash office I have the other girls password, as two people can be logged in at the same time.

If thats a dismissable offence, then I will stop doing my job.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
There's not much point having Office access unless you have Service Manager access at least. I'm in the system, but I'm not allocated to any menus (I used to have Office Cashier when I relieved in there as the role I am now but it got deleted). Everything I do needs Service Manager, so unless I can have that there's no use.

I always make sure I have someone with Service Manager's password at all times (there's three with it), otherwise I can't do reports/check unrecalled transactions etc. And when I do cash office I have the other girls password, as two people can be logged in at the same time.

You can check unrecalled transactions on Department Manager. All/most of our supervisors have both "Service Supervisor" and "Department Manager" so they have all they need for the night or what not.

HSC
Our supervisors only have service supervisor though. Actually, now I've said that, no one who still works with us has Office access unless they have Service Manager access.

Craven

HSC

Service Supervisor:
- Spotcheck Register
- Approaching cash limit report
- Unrecalled saved transaction report
- Offline EFT report (I think?)
- Force Sign off
- Reset password
- Electronic journal

I don't think service supervisors need anything else in the general course of their duties. They don't need access to void reports or operator performance reports, etc. that's the CSM's responsibility.

babikakez, if they are requiring you to do things in Office Cashier in the course of your job you should have your own access. Personally, I wouldn't want people doing anything in my username (and I make sure I log out when I leave a computer) because it's easy to make big mistakes and I don't want that shit coming back to me, lol.

kelly tully

Banned
HSC
N/A
hahaha i'm not an employee, but one time my brother and i found a ball in woollies and we were playing catch

except neither of us can catch
so then we just decided to peg it at each other, right next to the milk
and it kept hitting the milk

and the fat deli kid (who has worked there *forever*) walked by and he was like 'STOP THAT PLEEEEEEEEASE'

anyway he's a little whiney bitch and is a queen and when he serves you at the deli he acts like he has far more important things to be doing than slicing your meat.

~the end~

Harry778

HSC
I have Service Manager office =D I had it, then they removed it to just service supervisor, now I have service manager ones again. I got it when I started doing closes. I probably dont need it, I only ever use it for Electronic Journal, force sign off and POS over/short report.

HSC
Service Supervisor:
- Spotcheck Register
- Approaching cash limit report
- Unrecalled saved transaction report
- Offline EFT report (I think?)
- Force Sign off
- Reset password
- Electronic journal

I don't think service supervisors need anything else in the general course of their duties. They don't need access to void reports or operator performance reports, etc. that's the CSM's responsibility.

babikakez, if they are requiring you to do things in Office Cashier in the course of your job you should have your own access. Personally, I wouldn't want people doing anything in my username (and I make sure I log out when I leave a computer) because it's easy to make big mistakes and I don't want that shit coming back to me, lol.
In my store void/refund reports are the responsibility of the closing supervisor. Quite often though they don't get done and they carry over to the next morning. So thats why supervisors in my store need to have office access at that level.

Craven

HSC
Your CSM is lazy, lol.

I noticed our Xmas week was 18% up on last year :)

Last edited:

yoddle

is cool
HSC

I got Department Manager, Service Manager and Supervisor...yay! Also cos i wasn't allowed. Also i got Dep Mgr on Stock Management but the only thing i know how to do on that is dump shit so it's not so exciting. I love having them cos I can lambast cashiers about their scan rates and make informed intellectual remarks about sales figures and the such. Also my favourites kick ass.

I get back to work and finally get to sort out my full time roz tomoz. I also can't wait for all the Scandanvian backpackers and French cyclists we get through the summer, i drool all over the service desk.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
gosh, i dont see why all of you need service manager, service supervisor should be sufficient (like craven said). Service Manager reports arent THAT interesting, most of them are just for tracking down register shorts (e.g. you can see every single sign on/sign off on each register or track a user through what registers they use, and which transactions and when, that and voids/refunds/performance report) then there's other stuff thats usefull for rosters, like store performance data, que length and stuff, but i dont let any of my sups have it because i dont like the idea of them being able to add/remove users), u can also use SCOBO, but i have nfi what it is because we dont have SCO's. I would love store manager access in office though, be able to change drill downs (though normally i just unflag produce stuff myself when they take too long) and u can remotely see register displays.

I swear though i have more access than anybody else in the store to shit, i keep joking that when i leave soon for 4 weeks, they still wont have deleted me from everything when i get back as a regular joe :p, in office i have:

-Office Cashier (most useful one for me, much more access to EFT info, i can fix pickup mistakes, or change swaps when there isnt enough money, better register spot check reports)
-Service Manager
-Department Manager (not that useful, can access all the options from elsewhere anyway)
-Service Supervisor (use it for training)

Deparment Manager in Back Office

Host: CASS, IP, OFFICE, PRODOM

Paymas access

People planner access

Office Keys + authorised combination holder

Security Room Keys

Last edited:

Harry778

HSC
In my store void/refund reports are the responsibility of the closing supervisor. Quite often though they don't get done and they carry over to the next morning. So thats why supervisors in my store need to have office access at that level.
Same as my store. Thats why all close supervisors have service manager access. And appaz we always have to monitor scan rates, so I'm like always in Operator Performance.

PS I just realised how ugly Angelina Jolie is.

TEAM ANISTON!

HSC
gosh, i dont see why all of you need service manager, service supervisor should be sufficient (like craven said). Service Manager reports arent THAT interesting, most of them are just for tracking down register shorts (e.g. you can see every single sign on/sign off on each register or track a user through what registers they use, and which transactions and when, that and voids/refunds/performance report) then there's other stuff thats usefull for rosters, like store performance data, que length and stuff, but i dont let any of my sups have it because i dont like the idea of them being able to add/remove users), u can also use SCOBO, but i have nfi what it is because we dont have SCO's
I'm not saying reports are interesting, I'm just noting that I need to do them, and thats why I need to be able to access that menu. But currently being able to log in as someone else is sufficient.

Also, all of us have been taught to add/remove users and change privilege levels. Are we not meant to know this?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Also, all of us have been taught to add/remove users and change privilege levels. Are we not meant to know this?
I think u can know how but I don't think you should be. I'm guessing it's againt policy but then, does anybody follow policy these days :p

bdude

HSC
ohh yeah! She is majorily lol. I Finished at 3. She started today. She was mostly up stairs in her office, the only time I saw her was when she came to check the food safety book and to make sure all the new prices were on smoke shop. (I was on there, so of course they would have been lol) Then I saw her in produce talking to one of the assistants and when she walked away from him, he rolled his eyes aaahahaha!! 1 day down, alot more to go..
Do other people there know she's your mum? If she's as bad (at work) as she sounds, I'd be keeping it on the down low.

I couldn't stand working with my mum, although she'd never be there as a manager

Harry778

HSC
Do other people there know she's your mum? If she's as bad (at work) as she sounds, I'd be keeping it on the down low.

I couldn't stand working with my mum, although she'd never be there as a manager
Yeah everyone knows. People kept saying to me all week, whens ya mum comin?! lol..I dont care, she's the way she is because she has to be..I guess it comes with being an SSM (shes mostly head office cashier) she only gets mad when things arent done the way they're supposed to be. If no one cared..everyone would do what they felt. And she is a nice person..just extemely professional and 'frsh obsessed' lol.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
argh, saw a story in the Sunday Times (WA) yesterday about how the state Opposition wants to introduce a law next month to ban plastic bags!

I hope it fails cause those stupid green reusable bags annoy me!!

is there anyone on here from SA?? - how did the banning of bags go initially and how is it going now??

Last edited:

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Yes let's continue one of the million negative human inflictions on this planet just because reusable bags give Woolworths employees the shits. Loser. Good on the State Opposition.

quick90

HSC
PS I just realised how ugly Angelina Jolie is.

TEAM ANISTON!
haha agreed! (Except for Angelina in the movie Changelings)

Anyone know strict they are, on using other peoples back office numbers
(with their permission)?

HSC
argh, saw a story in the Sunday Times (WA) yesterday about how the state Opposition wants to introduce a law next month to ban plastic bags!

I hope it fails cause those stupid green reusable bags give me the absolute fucking shits!!

is there anyone on here from SA?? - how did the banning of bags go initially and how is it going now??
Will never pass. WA Parliament doesn't know how to make change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)