• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

jirwin

HSC
Yesss, Leon :)
Shaun (Sean?) our area manager (73 so not you Roga!) will be walking the stores late tomorrow afternoon. When he did last week he was that pissed off at the state of all the stores that he took photographs and ripped into all the SSMs, SMs and STMs at some massive meeting. He gave our store >100 photos in hard copy to show areas we fucked up!
omg :O what were some of the areas?

I heard rumors about our store manager being told off at some meeting because we got 50% on the last mystery shopper. They are doing a lot of crackdowns on doing jobs properly/uniforms etc at my store. some of it is a welcome relief as some people just don't do their job properly. I'm of the opinion that if I do my job correctly (which seriously isn't that hard) I have nothing to worry about :)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
My store had Marty and the regional manager pay us a visit yesterday afternoon. There was only myself and another staff member in longlife. The dept manager is on holidays and the 2IC had his day off. Let me tell you that the review of our department was shit and the trading manager got grilled big time.
Does anyone ever do anything right? SSS was in on Tuesday and there were so many raised voices all day! It made everyone so tense. She is so effing anal, even took down adhoc signs telling people not to steal stuff, lambasting the SSM because she didn't like the wording. When i left i said a cheery goodbye to the CSM, and the look on her face was one of pure, pleading pain.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
omg :O what were some of the areas?

I heard rumors about our store manager being told off at some meeting because we got 50% on the last mystery shopper. They are doing a lot of crackdowns on doing jobs properly/uniforms etc at my store. some of it is a welcome relief as some people just don't do their job properly. I'm of the opinion that if I do my job correctly (which seriously isn't that hard) I have nothing to worry about :)
Admittedly it was a very busy day so it's by no means our bad. BUT. 5pm Sunday, entire tables/fridges in produce empty, empty ends, empty deli case, etc.

MMacka

HSC
N/A
Niiiice shift. How on earth do you get to work in bakery without the 4/5 am starts though?! :( *jeluzzz*:(
I originally had to come in at 6am, but it eventually got pushed back to 8am so I could stay after the store closes.

When the store doesn't open on a Sunday on Saturday night I get the tickets off and the new ones on. Then sort out all the displays and get enough products for next weeks specials out of the freezer and onto the shelf/tables.

When it does open on a Sunday I have the same shift, but since the store closes at 6pm during extended trading I have plenty to get on with.

Today was a really good day for us my department made around $8000. :)

HSC
Dependent upon which managers are there, I'm not doing it.

I remember the days where I got 3.5 hours just for grocery tickets. Now I'm supposed to do grocery, perishables, bakery and smokeshop in 2. I think they've caught onto my uber laziness.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
I originally had to come in at 6am, but it eventually got pushed back to 8am so I could stay after the store closes.

When the store doesn't open on a Sunday on Saturday night I get the tickets off and the new ones on. Then sort out all the displays and get enough products for next weeks specials out of the freezer and onto the shelf/tables.

When it does open on a Sunday I have the same shift, but since the store closes at 6pm during extended trading I have plenty to get on with.

Today was a really good day for us my department made around $8000. :)
Ohh ok, I used to have similar shifts (though ofc my store is open Sundays/til midnight every day so I wasn't there til after store close :p ). Yesterday my bakery made $9100, a bit short of plan but still good enough, lol.

Dependent upon which managers are there, I'm not doing it.

I remember the days where I got 3.5 hours just for grocery tickets. Now I'm supposed to do grocery, perishables, bakery and smokeshop in 2. I think they've caught onto my uber laziness.
Damn, bakery tickets don't get done for us in my store :(

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
In mine it's bakery, produce & meat :(
Well with our store needing to cut 75 hours in a month, I can see a lot more departments doing their own too.

Haha today there was an induction going on (Which is weird for a Sunday) and I was sitting in the tea room having my break, eating some bread and then the SSM (It's called SAM over here but to save confusion I'll just refer to her as the SSM from now on :p)...she was like "Right, now we are going to take a tour of all the Departments" and with that I promptly bolted out of my seat to tidy the coolroom up because it was a MESS lmao

It was probably the fastest cleanup I had ever done.

PyroTek

HSC
Our store has tickets taken down for Meat, Longlife, Bakery, Perishables. Tickets for longlife and perishables are put up. The rest fend for themselves...

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
My SM had words with me today.
1) He's backpaying me at a higher grade of pay for the last 6 weeks of relief
2) I'm not "chirpy" like I used to be, apparently, and he wants me to revert to being loud and crazy and lolable (really bloody annoying, pretty much) ASAP -_-

PyroTek

HSC
They tried to give me my dept. manager numbers today... didn't work.. gonna wait till the actual systems op is in so i can get the numbers.. had to use the deli managers numbers to transmit the stocktake.
Work was alright..

HSC
Good Shift today :)

Turned up to work 10:30-14:30 operator, my shift was canceled not even on the print out down at service desk, were going to send me home, But I already clocked on so they gave me 3 hours in groceries :D so i did 10:30-13:30, I wouldn't mind doing that shift every saturday.

Suprisingly really busy for a sunday but reallyy busy!

Otacon2009

HSC
Woolworths Home Brand has been updated with the new logo. Significant change is the loss of the Home Brand circle. The 08 logo is a faded red. Overall a good new look.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Wow. babikakez, caught out :(

I seriously LOLd so hard at that, but I do understand why you would be feeling like ringing in sick... like, forever.

Anyway, so I'm working away yestie (heh, I got to supervise for an hour or 2) and god DAM it was busy. The SSM was helping serve because the boss cancelled 2 shifts when we were already under forced :mad:. The SSM did like over 2 hours on checkouts... she was our bitch :p

But... Only 1 shift to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
Did you get my instructions on viewing how much you've made/customers you've served??

One of our registers spazmatazzed today and kept turning itself off before it could be fully loaded. Rang IT and the woman was such a deadbeat, she suggested NOTHING. Then we rang ASG to log a call, and they said that they have nothing to do with registers and that IT should have logged the call for us! So i rang IT back and got the same woman, but we eventually got a call logged. Omg the button to manually pop the til is so annoying. Thank god the old CSM came in to do her shopping and she showed us how to do it with a pen.

Got really shitty with everyone who was standing around doing nothing and sent one operator home 15mins early because he was just standing about chatting.

Last edited:
HSC
Woolworths Home Brand has been updated with the new logo. Significant change is the loss of the Home Brand circle. The 08 logo is a faded red. Overall a good new look.
I noticed and thought this too today.

In mine it's bakery, produce & meat :(
It USED to be the same in mine :( Over the last few months I've been passing perishables onto other people but my STM noticed.
If I don't stand around the service desk and mope about how much I hate tickets, I can get everything done. Otherwise, I have to super panic at the end and miss a stack.
:(
Though the day when I get rid of Sat/Sun tickets forever may be coming sooner than I thought :speechless:. For real this time.

Craven

HSC
Omg the button to manually pop the til is so annoying. Thank god the old CSM came in to do her shopping and she showed us how to do it with a pen.
You got the money out with a pen? :|

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)