The Woolworths Thread (6 Viewers)

PyroTek

HSC
It is not that bad - only like an eighth of it will be relevant to you anyway I'd say.
Just gotta sift through all the shit relevant to other states. -facepalm-

MMacka

HSC
N/A
yeah, ive already been to the info session. not a whole lot different for us in WA because we already had most of the extra things you others are picking up. i didnt pay a whole lot of attention tbh because as a casual not alot applied to me.

the things that i did get are:
-the max engagement for casuals is 38 hours (up from 30)

-and you get a 10min tea if you work 4 hours or more (currently have to work more than 4)
-also, you get a second 10min tea if you work 7 hours or more (currently have to work 7.5 or more)

- and one interesting thing (i have the list of major changes they give you here with me)
"the proposed agreement also provides that the period of the rest break shall be exclusive of reasonable walking time"
Also we will get full adult rates on our 20th birthday. It is currently 21.

HSC
not when they have all the states wage rates on one or 2 pages.
Okay, so its not quite Where's Wally, but honestly its not that hard to make sense of. Contents page is still a good place to start.
Took me like 15 minutes to read + understand. And they target the info sessions at like the most retarded people in your store.

I honestly think I outsmarted the lady that took mine :p

PyroTek

HSC
Yeah, well we ARE talking woolies :wave: (nothing against those who post here, you have all proven your intelligence)

Harry778

HSC
I don't think you can order them anymore, and I was also under the impression they're not even meant to be worn anymore? We also used to be incredibly anal about them but then they all just vanished one day. Bye bye green vests. Mgmt shirts are coming out in the next few weeks anywayz.
Darn, yeah coulnt find anything on store net. My CSM said hes not giving up the vest.."I have a love affair them" is what he told me. So as long as he is wearing it..so am I =D

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
It's been sitting in the lunch room for over a week but it's like the eighth harry potter book so i've barely glanced.
It is not that bad - only like an eighth of it will be relevant to you anyway I'd say.
Just gotta sift through all the shit relevant to other states. -facepalm-
If you're a union member you should get a summary of the changes ;) Easy enough to glance through!

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Ooh.

Woolworths buyer in alleged scam
http://www.theage.com.au/business/woolworths-buyer-in-alleged-scam-20100217-odwp.html

A WOOLWORTHS executive has been sacked amid a police investigation into an alleged kickback scheme involving the retail giant.

Bill Harvey, Woolworths' national buyer for coffee, tea and sugar, was detained by police at the company's Sydney headquarters on Friday.

In a simultaneous move, detectives in Melbourne arrested a retail broker over the alleged scheme. The man was questioned and released. Charges are believed to be pending. ... The kickback scandal is the latest in a string of corruption allegations made against buyers for Australia's two big supermarkets, Coles and Woolworths.

Last edited:

PyroTek

HSC
I'm loving the comp clashes on Regular mince atm. we gotta reduce every piece! (30 boxes * 8) to $6/kg -_-. And caused us to go out of stock of the stuff 15 mins after open this morning... So yeah, none till tomorrow.

Also did PL/PW screens for the first time today... called the SM so he can check them sometime today.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Lol, ACA was filming in my store today... they chose a store which is known by area management to be particularly busy all the time, express alerts left right and centre.... to promote (apparently) fast service at Woolies???

WATCH ACA TONIGHT EVERYONE AND YOU MAY SEE SOME BREAD I PACKED! :p

Update: I saw bread that I'd packed! It was one of the ones that I packed really nicely too! >_< hehe. I even put the label on really neatly!
Shot of the produce department looked really good (panned across, looked fuller than I'd ever seen it tbh) and meat department looked neat.
Letdown of a story though! Home made vs Takeaway... Woolies won ;)

Last edited:
HSC
Lol, ACA was filming in my store today... they chose a store which is known by area management to be particularly busy all the time, express alerts left right and centre.... to promote (apparently) fast service at Woolies???

WATCH ACA TONIGHT EVERYONE AND YOU MAY SEE SOME BREAD I PACKED! :p

Update: I saw bread that I'd packed! It was one of the ones that I packed really nicely too! >_< hehe. I even put the label on really neatly!
Shot of the produce department looked really good (panned across, looked fuller than I'd ever seen it tbh) and meat department looked neat.
Letdown of a story though! Home made vs Takeaway... Woolies won ;)
will watch :)

(before you all say omgz loser its already been on, its 4.30 :p)

NC8000

HSC
N/A
It will come out sooner or later, nothing about cutting jobs or negative etc. I am not going to disclose it, others will, shows a positive thing from my perspective. Was interesting to see though. I'll give one and only hint. "honesty" ;)
Wanna know wanna know wanna know wanna know.
Ooh.

Well Wixxy, this is what I mas making reference to. Police turned up at work and a pile of people had to sit downstairs for a few hours while the police and woolies went about their thing. As its a police investigation, I won't talk about specifics apart from saying that it seems this situation occurs every year between us and Coles. Things like this will ALWAYS catch up, paperwork trails are everywhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)