The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

Tragesty

HSC
Hey guys,

My last shift was last Sunday and I saw all those yellow notices stuck everywhere about the sessionsa and how all employees ahve to go. It also said something on the lines of your manager will contact you for times or whatever.

Anyway it's now Thursday night and my manager hasn't contacted me, should I be worried? There's still one session I can go to, should I bother calling? Will they get pissed off at me if I didn't go, and isn't it my manager's responsiiblity to inform me of which session I should go to?

Also, can someone please tell me when this new agreement applies from? Next week? Next month? Next year?

And lastly (sorry) I looked through the draft quickly and noticed this:

"An employee who works more than five ordinary hours on any day shall receive an unpaid meal break of between 45 and 60 minutes duration. A 30 minute meal break may be taken by mutual agreement." Currently for 6 hour shifts I get a 30min break, does that mean now it;s 45-60? o_O

Last edited:

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Work today was full on.

Found out I only have 13 hours next week, but dutying all day Saturday by myself, but then told i'm being put on part time so she can rape me for hours. Then got told by an AAT guide that I should definitely become a tour guide cos i have "the" pezzazz. Then the meat thieves returned and stole another two bags of meat by going through the pregnant supervisors checkout and sprinting. The LLM and Peri manager followed them by car all the way to the next town (30 minutes away) because the cops wouldn't answer the phone!! fucking tasmania. but then only one of them got caught by the cops in some dusty country backroad. And now I have to mentally prepare for tomorrow:

11:15-12 sup, 12-3op, 3-4 lunch, 4-5 sup, 5-21:15 dutymgr. with no staff on front end. today was shit enough, and the area manager was lurkin'.

oh and i forgot the huntsman perched on top of the service desk bin that promptly became alive upon being prodded and we all shrieked loudly and ran away and then got the new boy to take it out to the bin even though he hates spiders hehehe. oh and i have to come up with $430 for my visa application.

But yeah haven't heard about these info seshes?

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Well Wixxy, this is what I mas making reference to. Police turned up at work and a pile of people had to sit downstairs for a few hours while the police and woolies went about their thing. As its a police investigation, I won't talk about specifics apart from saying that it seems this situation occurs every year between us and Coles. Things like this will ALWAYS catch up, paperwork trails are everywhere.
Woolworths has one of the most advanced logistics systems in the world, they couldn't seriously expect to get away with this? He will get what he deserves. Feel sorry for his family.

PyroTek

HSC
I had a lady ask if there was a toilet - and i begin explaining where it is and you gotta get the key from the service desk, and shes like "nevermind ill have to come back" (she didn't let me finish) and left her shopping there and ran out, pants dripping. she didn't come back.

greekgun

HSC
A man literally crapped himself in our store night. DM and SVR had to clean poo up off the ground and surrounding areas.
Fun.
I had this retard of a customer who came in (by the name of george, apparently he comes to the center often), he reeked of crap...he wasnt the one who shat in ur store was he?

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Work was pretty sweet. Started at 4.30 and was told by the 2IC That I was self serve. However,the other SCO Attendant also turned up,and it was discovered that I was actually meant to be in S/S. So,I moved into S/S and found out that we had 10 operators + CSM + Super + SCO Attendant & Me. So we ended up with all the stock and everything done by 5 past 9.

BTW, I go to do the close calls today. Here`s what happened:

At 9:55:

STM(I think? the manager who is in charge of fresh food) is at the computer checking sales,CSM is counting tils.
Super: xxx,can we start closing doors? Big W has!
STM: No,but you can do a "5 minuted to go call"
Super: I hate doing that,won`t bother
Me: I`ll do it
Super: Nah. You better not.
STM: Your fine,go ahead.
I walk over to PA
Super: But,he won`t know what to say.
I pick up the PA and deliver a flawless Call
Super was shocked!

Everyone reckoned that I did a good job. Now I`m responsible for calls every thurs night. Anyway,everything was done by 20 past nine,all tills upstairs and in car by 9.30. excellent night! :)

MMacka

HSC
N/A
Sorry Liz, like 5 seconds after I posted that I got a call from work. Seeing as I'm so spineless, I worked.

So I didn't get to see your bread. :mad:
At least you got to see me. :)

Plus now your not blinding people when you drive anymore.

MMacka

HSC
N/A
http://www.sda.com.au/uploads/PROPOSEDWoolworthsSupermarketsNationalAgreement2009.pdf

I think its the most recent draft...

It would be amusing if it was voted down, I know it wont be, but I can dream right?

Howd national deleted lines day go for everyone?
I hope that everyone votes no, but we all know its not going to happen. Everyone will just be interested in the backpay and pay rise and will simply vote yes to get the money in the bank quicker.

If we vote no its not like we would never get the pay rise, it would just be delayed. The Union would negotiate an even better payrise, better conditions even perhaps a national payrate. I don't see why someone in Victoria should get paid better than me when I do the same job in WA.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I had this retard of a customer who came in (by the name of george, apparently he comes to the center often), he reeked of crap...he wasnt the one who shat in ur store was he?
Haha yeah that'd motorbike guy that I mentioned on your profile the other day. One that can only be served by certain people on certain registers.
He came in today with a whole bunch of shit from KMart (feel sorry for those people who had to deal with him), and he wanted me to put his whole trolly into our service desk, and I said no that can't be done lol.
He stood there begging us for 5 minutes so we eventually just put his kmart bags onto the service desk floor instead.

I come out from tea break and my DM was like "OMGGGG HE HAS SHIT HIMSELF IN AISLE XX"

lol, bad situation. The whole store SMELT!

yoddle

is cool
HSC
At least you got to see me. :)

Plus now your not blinding people when you drive anymore.
What?

<3

Me too, but I apaz won't get a set roster - like I'll get the same 5 hours in nontrade that I always get, and perhaps wednesday smokeshop, but my SSM is not so sure.

I'm not at all convinced its a good idea.
Yeah I dunno....well it means I'll get heaps of hours, so hopefully I'll end up with more money, cos I'll be the cheapest supervisor and duty manager (which I'll make a point of pointing out). I think I get 9 base hours? But you were getting lots of hours as a casual weren't you? So maybe casual would be better, and you don't have to worry about like annual leave n shit like that.

HSC
Apaz the fog lights on my car have been on for at least a week. :uhoh: Well now they're not, and I now know where the button is/when to use them etc.

Typical female p plater who knows nothing about cars and is generally a shit driver.

Yeah I dunno....well it means I'll get heaps of hours, so hopefully I'll end up with more money, cos I'll be the cheapest supervisor and duty manager (which I'll make a point of pointing out). I think I get 9 base hours? But you were getting lots of hours as a casual weren't you? So maybe casual would be better, and you don't have to worry about like annual leave n shit like that.
Basically I was told my base would be Sat 2-7 SSA (which I HAVE to be given anyway), and probably Wednesday 1.30-6.30 in smokeshop.
The reason why I was even mildly enthusiastic about going ppt is simply for the fact that while I do have 7 day a week availability, I'd like some regularity in the days I work (particularly while I'm at uni). If I can negotiate him up to a 15 hour base contract, I might be more willing to take it. Otherwise, not a chance.

greekgun

HSC
Haha yeah that'd motorbike guy that I mentioned on your profile the other day. One that can only be served by certain people on certain registers.
He came in today with a whole bunch of shit from KMart (feel sorry for those people who had to deal with him), and he wanted me to put his whole trolly into our service desk, and I said no that can't be done lol.
He stood there begging us for 5 minutes so we eventually just put his kmart bags onto the service desk floor instead.

I come out from tea break and my DM was like "OMGGGG HE HAS SHIT HIMSELF IN AISLE XX"

lol, bad situation. The whole store SMELT!
fuck...
i hate the guy so much
ive heard stories about him...but i didnt think it was that bad, very close to snapping with this guy, and it didnt help that the supervisor wasnt around to jump on another register to serve the other customers...man i hate westies.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
fuck...
i hate the guy so much
ive heard stories about him...but i didnt think it was that bad, very close to snapping with this guy, and it didnt help that the supervisor wasnt around to jump on another register to serve the other customers...man i hate westies.
So have you and iMatthew met?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)