• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (9 Viewers)

NC8000

HSC
N/A
ISIS is not far away guys, only a few months to go before it rolls out and should be in all supermarket stores in Australia by December at the latest(if all goes to plan)! Much easier to do things instead of all these systems to learn

PyroTek

HSC
NC8000, well that's handy.... knowing that I have already learned all the systems I need to learn! GRRR

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Hmmm i just got called in a few hours earlier, because appaz we've had a no show and "a couple" of sicknesses. Which, by my calculations, leaves only the open supervisor as we only have 3 staff on this morning!?!? I hope I am wrong. I better put my customer condom on cos we're gunna get raped.

HSC
I absolutely cannot imagine that. 3 staff? I certainly hope you've got helpful managers/other department staff.

I feel absolutely disgusting, but I think I've left it far too late to call in sick. (Its 9.15 now, I start at 12). Plus I need to break it to them that I want Monday and Friday off next week (and I didn't book it off either), so I better work.
:(

jirwin

HSC
I absolutely cannot imagine that. 3 staff? I certainly hope you've got helpful managers/other department staff.

I feel absolutely disgusting, but I think I've left it far too late to call in sick. (Its 9.15 now, I start at 12). Plus I need to break it to them that I want Monday and Friday off next week (and I didn't book it off either), so I better work.
:(
Go to work, tell them, work an hour, go home sick :)

NNS7

HSC
N/A
does anyone know how to write the A4 signs/ letters etc on the woolworths system.
is it in back office?
if you want the ad-hoc signs then do what the other guys have said, if you want A4 talkers then you just do them through back office, 5/3/7 and input the correct format code. I can't remember off the top of my head what A4 is, but while the cursor is on format, just hit F1 and it tells you them all.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
if you want the ad-hoc signs then do what the other guys have said, if you want A4 talkers then you just do them through back office, 5/3/7 and input the correct format code. I can't remember off the top of my head what A4 is, but while the cursor is on format, just hit F1 and it tells you them all.
If it's the same as us A4 talkers are 04.

PyroTek

HSC
With the MediaManager you can write what you want... The A4 talkers are just that.. talkers.. You can't decide what you write, can you?

HSC
Got called to 3-7 today and knocked it back, my god i got a mouthful for knocking it back! to hell with you woolworths!

bdude

HSC
what are the advantages/disadvantages of moving to part time?
im first year uni this year and i really don't want to lose the flexibility of being able to take days off when necessary with relatively little notice, and not having to book holiday etc.

what do you reckon?
Advantages:
* You know when you're working, makes it easier to plan study time and social events in advance.
* It's a lot harder to screw around with a permanent employee.
* Get into a work routine.
* Paid sick days and annual leave accural

Disadvantages:
* Harder to take time off
* Loss of pay

that's all I can think of at the moment...

HSC
anyone else had issues with boost mobile credit this week? we lost BOTH our smokeshop registers today and IT were extremely extremely unhelpful.

Advantages:
* You know when you're working, makes it easier to plan study time and social events in advance.
* It's a lot harder to screw around with a permanent employee.
* Get into a work routine.
* Paid sick days and annual leave accural

Disadvantages:
* Harder to take time off
* Loss of pay

that's all I can think of at the moment...
depending on the department, not true. at least not in my case.

Last edited:

PyroTek

HSC
Annual leave has a 17.5% loading on it where I am.
Also, Superannuation contributions
More Hours if you want them

SirenaB

HSC
N/A
hey all

i dont know whether i am getting paid the correct amount. dont know how to work it out.

im still on probation, in WA, 18 year old ppt getting $11.83

is there any other WA people who know if this is correct

also, when do i get a contract? been working for over a month now and still no contract. getting really frustrating not knowing when im working

thanks

TG Fan

HSC
N/A
With the MediaManager you can write what you want...
And the one thing I hate about Media Manager is when you're writing an A4 adhoc, you can't center the text!! With all this money Woolworths has and the amount of upgrades they've had, they still can't move away from a DOS program and come into the future. :roll:

And to "ekul444" in regards to going to part-time. I would stick with casual hours, especially if you're in Uni. As you said, you have the flexibility with your times and holidays. With part-time, you as an employee, are relied on more to come to work at the hours that have been posted.

And as far as wages, going part-time your wage will go down to compensate for holiday, super and sick pay. But if you're only working a few hours a week, you need to ask yourself....is it worth it? In your predicament, I'd rather be casual and have my full pay in my hand.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
hey guys,

i need some advice from you :)

my CSM today wanted to discuss with me going part time (from casual)

see the thing is the main secondary SCO guy is looking to leave in the near future (he will now probably be staying for the back pay then leaving) so when he goes i will most certainly become the 'main secondary' SCO attendant, and therefore i will effectively be on guaranteed casual hours (16.30-21.30 thursday and 7.30-18.00 saturday)

what are the advantages/disadvantages of moving to part time?
im first year uni this year and i really don't want to lose the flexibility of being able to take days off when necessary with relatively little notice, and not having to book holiday etc.

what do you reckon?
I wouldn't necessarily agree wth bdude's pros and cons list. I think it's much, much easier to plan ahead and get time off as a casual. Well if you, as a casual, have had good, regular hours so far i don't really see the point in changing. You'll just get less money.

I am PPT from next week, with 32 hours wohoo! But i haven't signed a contract yet so i have no idea what my contract hours are, although i have the quasi-3IC's open next Sunday so i'm guessing i'm gunna get her weekend opens now she's on maternity.

THU: 10-7 operator
FRI: 10-7 operator
SAT: 8-5 operator (never get operator shifts on the weekend but 9 hrs so not complaining)
SUN: 7-4 supervision

Although i think they may have taken duty off me after the whole counselling thing, they removed my Manager office privileges, i wish they could have talked to me about it first though. Hey I am in on crack or can I still access Manager office functions that I had put in my favourites even though i don't have the rights? E.g. i can get into store performance report and branch performance, but i thought they were in the Service Manager and Manager menus?

bdude

HSC
Annual leave has a 17.5% loading on it where I am.
Also, Superannuation contributions
More Hours if you want them
Anyone over the age of 18 has to be paid superannuation.

I wouldn't necessarily agree wth bdude's pros and cons list. I think it's much, much easier to plan ahead and get time off as a casual. Well if you, as a casual, have had good, regular hours so far i don't really see the point in changing. You'll just get less money.
I guess you're just luckier then, my hours for the past four weeks:
Week 1: 8 hours, week 2: 12 hours, week 3: 7 hours, week 4 16 hours, week 5 11 hours.

The only consistent thing is that I've worked pretty much every saturday & sunday for ages.

Another benefit: You have to have some weekends off

And our staff are generally pretty good with having their part-/full-time rosters adhered to.

Mannequin25

HSC
egh yesterday was such a shit day!!!
The Rutherford store could open cause they had some sort of power surge or something the night before which knocked out there computers or something idk, and there generator didnt work. So because they were shut we had to pick up all the slack. We got absolutly raped, and yet we STILL werent allowed to put in anymore hours.......

As soon as i walked in lunch time yesterday, the other supervisor litterally ran out the door in tears and didnt come back. I was like, uh ok.......
Everyone pulled together though and we got through it.......just :p

yoddle

is cool
HSC
^ you always have shit days. although that does sound quite shit, yes.
I sort of miss getting ridiculously busy.

Omg don't you just HATE when it it's like apocalypse-now busy and your head's about to explode, and someone wanders up to the service desk in a dream and is like "what kind of phooones you do have?" or "hi, do you hire out carpet cleaners?".

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

Mannequin25

HSC
hahaha lately ive had some real shockers......but yesterday takes the cake. I wont EVER complain again!!! lmfao

but OMFG YES!!!! during all this, this couple wanted to look at a phone we had in our front display, we couldnt find it, so i went out the back to security too look for it........they didnt even end up bloody buying it grrrrrr!!!!
Or when someone wonders up "ooh can u register my everyday rewards card for me......" :hammer:

luckily we were 50k over plan yesterday, should make the boss happy :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)