• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (9 Viewers)

HSC
^ you always have shit days. although that does sound quite shit, yes.
I sort of miss getting ridiculously busy.

Omg don't you just HATE when it it's like apocalypse-now busy and your head's about to explode, and someone wanders up to the service desk in a dream and is like "what kind of phooones you do have?" or "hi, do you hire out carpet cleaners?".

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo
zomg yes, on Wednesday I was supervising by myself, we had an extremely extremely epic express alert (ie my SSM was serving in smokeshop), and about 15 US Navy people come up to the service desk ALL wanting to buy a phone and sim.
It took about an hour to sell them. FFS.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
No please keep complaining? i mean what else would we talk about here if no one complained? yes i know i hate it when they're juts like "OK" and leave after you've spent 10 minutes going through various phone features with them, but it's also really relieving cos you don't have to do the ID check.

50K OVER PLAN!?!?!? We don't even do 50k the whole saturday, if we went 50k over plan I would actually require CPR.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
zomg yes, on Wednesday I was supervising by myself, we had an extremely extremely epic express alert (ie my SSM was serving in smokeshop), and about 15 US Navy people come up to the service desk ALL wanting to buy a phone and sim.
It took about an hour to sell them. FFS.
That would have been a horrible nightmare on one hand, but also a group of horny sailors........hello. :headbang:

HSC
That would have been a horrible nightmare on one hand, but also a group of horny sailors........hello. :headbang:
they were, err, very friendly :cool:

50K OVER PLAN!?!?!? We don't even do 50k the whole saturday, if we went 50k over plan I would actually require CPR.
we needed CPR the day we ONLY made 60k. My SSM was like "bye jess, its sucked working with you, i'm going to go home and neck myself".

I cannot even comprehend that, you work in a milkbar, seriously.

Harry778

HSC
Couldnt do my last 3IC shift cos I had a fucking car accident! :mad:

Spent last night in hospital because I have really bad whiplash!! My dad is still in there..fuck the driver who ran a red light! He smashed into my side but my dad was worse off. Fair angry heyyyy. Cant go back to work till the doctor clears me..and even after that I'll be on "light duties" which will be office =(

PyroTek

HSC
Had my last manager shift today. Was told the SM was very impressed with me. Good stuff.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Dramas at work!
Loss prevention are investigating *someone* from front-end (smoke shop specifically), whose identity hasn't been revealed. For stealing cash & smokes, apparently.
I wanna know.

Also front-end 2IC took holidays and then quit. OK. New 2IC next week.
~Interesting~

EDIT: and no, pyro, I'm not the one being investigated!

Last edited:
HSC
Attention woolworths customers, If you don't like my bag packing, don't scowl and unpack everything infront of me and angrily place it in the bag like its the end of the world! :)

grr we ran out bags today! when I started thank god we found some in backdock but we had to call up the nearest store which is 25 minutes away.

BSammy

HSC

Spent last night in hospital because I have really bad whiplash!! My dad is still in there..fuck the driver who ran a red light! He smashed into my side but my dad was worse off. Fair angry heyyyy. Cant go back to work till the doctor clears me..and even after that I'll be on "light duties" which will be office =(
:( hope everyone ends up ok. except the guy who caused it, i hope he has some heavy bruising and maybe a cut also!!!

yoddle

is cool
HSC
haha ok ill keep complaining :p

and yeah, we did nearly 280k yesterday when plan was 229k :cool:
oh my god i can't even imagine that. even in my old store which was quite large, we only pulled about 80k on a saturday. i didn't look today but i'm guessing we probably did about 35/40. Sunday's are dead here though. EXCEPT for one of the hottest living people i have ever seen who came in and i was just like *drool drool masturbate*, european backpacker of course. and then a group of boy backpackers came in and asked about Woolies fuel outlets and i was like "yeah and after that we make orgy?"

Naaaaasty. Hope your Dad's OK.

Yay add to my 9 hr shifts thurs/sun, i'm now doing the open tomorrow morning 6-3, but i have to do the magazine returns mega-meh. And i'm supervising the old CSM who's come back part time as an operator after popping out a babe, hehe.

I think that this evil witch bitch who i hate and want to stab repeatedly who comes in twice a week only to buy a few things and get refunds on things and be really rude about it is running a little scam. She ALWAYS reckons she's been overcharged for dog food, she never actually returns the product, only the receipt, and she always brings the ticket to the service desk by taking it out of the stripping. But i noticed today that it was last week's ticket, and so I think she is taking the tickets out of the stripping the previous week, and then just bringing it back with her and saying she just got it off the shelf. It's only a few dollars every time but i hate her so so so so much that i'm going to get the SM or SSM tomorrow to look at the camera and see if the ticket was there earlier in the day. IF NOT, HELLO REFUNDS BLACKLIST MWHAHAHAHAHA i want to be the one to tell her.

PyroTek

HSC
Meat refunds piss us off... Our service 2i/c always says "you do realise that we have to throw this out as soon as we give you the refund" - when people say "Oh I decided I don't want this anymore"

HSC
pyro - I just say flat out no to perishables/meat refunds unless its LITERALLY just left the store.

I think that this evil witch bitch who i hate and want to stab repeatedly who comes in twice a week only to buy a few things and get refunds on things and be really rude about it is running a little scam. She ALWAYS reckons she's been overcharged for dog food, she never actually returns the product, only the receipt, and she always brings the ticket to the service desk by taking it out of the stripping. But i noticed today that it was last week's ticket, and so I think she is taking the tickets out of the stripping the previous week, and then just bringing it back with her and saying she just got it off the shelf. It's only a few dollars every time but i hate her so so so so much that i'm going to get the SM or SSM tomorrow to look at the camera and see if the ticket was there earlier in the day. IF NOT, HELLO REFUNDS BLACKLIST MWHAHAHAHAHA i want to be the one to tell her.
yep, probably dodgy. i'd be saying after the first time though that there's no scanning policy/rtc pricing unless an actual staff member removed the ticket.

In saying that though, that would just be me being bitter because most scanning policies are my fault. Well not anymore, but still :p

and, for my third edit, 80k saturdays do not constitute a large store ;)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
pyro - I just say flat out no to perishables/meat refunds unless its LITERALLY just left the store.

yep, probably dodgy. i'd be saying after the first time though that there's no scanning policy/rtc pricing unless an actual staff member removed the ticket.

In saying that though, that would just be me being bitter because most scanning policies are my fault. Well not anymore, but still :p

and, for my third edit, 80k saturdays do not constitute a large store ;)
You are in defiance of the returns policy, which states that we pretty much have to happily return anything.

Also, i was speaking about the store in terms of size, not sales, obviously, which i'm pretty sure is the same as yours, 3 express (staggered), 1 smokeshop and 14 large? (this is not a cue for everyone to compare registers btw, we've done that so many times).

oh, alwaysafeway, there's also ordering checkout bags, green bags other random stuff in stock management, as well as ordering lost tickets and making awesome signs telling staff to keep our drinks cage neat, and ordering lost tickets, in back office.

Last edited:

PyroTek

HSC
HAHA. This IS a program made to be used for woolies business, no need to make it "fun"
What number is your user number on it? Then we may be able to tell you what you can do..

HSC
You are in defiance of the returns policy, which states that we pretty much have to happily return anything.

Also, i was speaking about the store in terms of size, not sales, obviously, which i'm pretty sure is the same as yours, 3 express (staggered), 1 smokeshop and 14 large? (this is not a cue for everyone to compare registers btw, we've done that so many times).
aha, well once i flat out refuse they usually bitch about it, at what point i call a manager and they tell me to do it anyway.

case in point: yesterday someone returned four slices of bread complaining there weren't enough seeds in it. my stm and i laughed about it over the phone, but in the end i had to return it :(

People, in general, annoy me. As does our returns policy. Actually, come to think of it, so do most company policies.

and yeah, those stores would be similar sizes then :p

Last edited:

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Ha! Yeah don't go dissin my size (of my store). While it's not as stimulating, it's great not to leave work with high blood pressure and the shakes every day.

OMG at the bread return! On my last day I want to make lots of sarcastic remarks about how their suffering is worse than Kenyan children etc and how can they live in such depraved conditions with their unseeded bread etc. I mean it's not like Woolies give references.

Oh i'm getting hot under the collar about telling the old hag we've busted her little scam, she goin dowwwwwn.

HSC
Ha! Yeah don't go dissin my size (of my store). While it's not as stimulating, it's great not to leave work with high blood pressure and the shakes every day.

OMG at the bread return! On my last day I want to make lots of sarcastic remarks about how their suffering is worse than Kenyan children etc and how can they live in such depraved conditions with their unseeded bread etc. I mean it's not like Woolies give references.

Oh i'm getting hot under the collar about telling the old hag we've busted her little scam, she goin dowwwwwn.
Yeah I'm fairly sure I was having an anxiety attack for the first hour of my shift on Thursday. I think MMacka's words were something along the lines of "yeah, I'll talk to you when you're not losing the plot, k." ;)

Perhaps I'd cope better in a smaller store, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)