The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

Harry778

HSC
We have this new weird ass change order system..

You do ur change and as you enter it you can see what the ammount is up to and what you have odered.

At the end there is no receipt that prints it just must go up to the office and we send our change bags.

Now the weird part.

There is a little CH in the top left hand coner of the register and it changes color for some weird reason. Than when it's green you have to put ur change in and check it to make sure it's rite.

Does anyone else have this? Why change it all the time?

blakegman

HSC
N/A
greekgun said:
i had a mate who worked at safeways and when he asked for the weekend off because he was turning 18, they said no and told him to not celebrate his birthday. He quit after they said that but sometimes supermarket higher ups can be heartless dick heads.

Anyway have a happy 21st
I'm not surprised. However it's not actually my 21st it's a mates, so im kind of in the wrong here. Anyways ill be giving them a days notice so it's not too slack.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Harry778 said:
We have this new weird ass change order system..

You do ur change and as you enter it you can see what the ammount is up to and what you have odered.

At the end there is no receipt that prints it just must go up to the office and we send our change bags.

Now the weird part.

There is a little CH in the top left hand coner of the register and it changes color for some weird reason. Than when it's green you have to put ur change in and check it to make sure it's rite.

Does anyone else have this? Why change it all the time?
yeah we have that. Goes green when change has been sent. Then you're just meant to check you got correct change incase of an error. I liked the old way better but.

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
groovygal said:
anyone ever passed out whilst on checkouts? cos i almost did yesterday hahaha..lucky i didn't...jus was hell pale...felt dizzy..vision went all blurry..ears started ringin..had to call supervisor over..hahaha...so over checkouts
Yes twice. Never fallen over, but known I was going to and subconciously walking away while serving a huge line, and coming back to life once upstairs. I always wondered what the customers thought I was doing.

HSC
I have felt really really hungry about twice now and I've only been working about a month. I absolutely hate it and am miserable when it happens. Fortunately, both times, my supervisor came and called me away to tea after awhile. Are we allowed to bring some small lollies in our pockets so that if our blood sugar becomes low (aka dizziness starts), we can pop one into our mouths and can carry on working? I'm still on probation so I don't wanna do anything wrong.

greekgun

HSC
AndromedaAiken said:
I have felt really really hungry about twice now and I've only been working about a month. I absolutely hate it and am miserable when it happens. Fortunately, both times, my supervisor came and called me away to tea after awhile. Are we allowed to bring some small lollies in our pockets so that if our blood sugar becomes low (aka dizziness starts), we can pop one into our mouths and can carry on working? I'm still on probation so I don't wanna do anything wrong.
lol, just have lollies in ur pocket and then drop a pen or something, and crouch down behind the registers where the camera's cant see u. Then pop one in ur mouth. Who cares if ur not allowed to.

CieL

HSC
Who cares. When you need to eat, you need to eat.

When I do 5:30am opens, I have my whole breakfast at the registers. Cup of tea, everything. Customers are usually considerate. Sometimes when it's quiet I pop some chocolate/biscuits in my mouth and then customers come and I speak [covering my mouth] with a mouthful of food but no-one cares, instead they laugh.

When my staff do a shift, say 4hrs, they don't get a break. But when they ask me if they can get some snacks, I say yes. Because it sucks when your stomach is doing double somersaults when you're trying to serve and look happy.

I guess it depends on your store. My store is relaxed about this shit.

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
/\ Ha mines not. The night manager was watching the service area security cameras and caught a few people eating. He went mad but then it turned around as he got in trouble for watching it. It was 11 at night, theres no customers then anyway.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
fuck got work at 8am and having a huge night tonight. Gonna be painful.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
lol. man the fk up.

i had a considerable late night (19th) and had work at 6am.
on a contrary note today; i almost didn't have my lunch break. lol we were so flat-out and shortstaffed it wasn't funny.
started at 6am, had atea break at 11 (consisting of 1 coke) and then worked till 1-30pm where i had my lunch break. and i finished at 3pm. lol (after i stayed back an hour ,, was supposed to finish at 2pm but i asked if manager wanted me to stay back.. )

and now a 11-8pm shift 2morrow. huzzah.

greekgun

HSC
shinji said:
lol. man the fk up.

on a contrary note today; i almost didn't have my lunch break. lol we were so flat-out and shortstaffed it wasn't funny.
started at 6am, had atea break at 11 (consisting of 1 coke) and then worked till 1-30pm where i had my lunch break. and i finished at 3pm. lol (after i stayed back an hour ,, was supposed to finish at 2pm but i asked if manager wanted me to stay back.. )

fuk man, ur a gun. I only work like 3-6 hour shift.

HSC
Our cash office staff regularly do 12.5 hour shifts. Regularly, as in once a week.

One of my supervisors last week worked 7am-6.30pm. She said it nearly killed her, it should teach her for volunteering to do stocktake in smokeshop.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
shinji said:
lol. man the fk up.
lol don't think you have been to the parties in my area. 8am start means i can petty much write off going to sleep that night.

greekgun

HSC
blakegman said:
lol don't think you have been to the parties in my area. 8am start means i can petty much write off going to sleep that night.
Man thats the worst when u go to work really tired and ur just staring at the clock on ur screen counting down every minute.

Pilotman

HSC
Lol talking about people passing out on the regsiters.

We had this girl, who fainted 5 times.

3 of the 5 we had to get an ambulance to come and check her out. One of the times she was on the express register and smacked her head on the bench where you put your basket and there was fucking blood everywhere!!

The worst was her last (5th time), collapsed on a Saturday during our craziest period and not one single person said anything, even customers they all stood there like the fuckwanks they all are.

Went back to security footage and it took 10 minutes for anyone to say anything!!!!

She was shocking, we ended up having to sack her because she was unfit for the job. She never drank anything or ate anything, never took lunch breaks as in she would go away for a few minutes and she would be back on checkouts saying she had her lunch etc.

Sad really, nice person but she was fucked up in the head!

G

Gavvvvvin

shinji said:
lol. man the fk up.

so you worked a standard 9 hour day? do you want a medal?

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Pilotman said:
Lol talking about people passing out on the regsiters.

We had this girl, who fainted 5 times.

3 of the 5 we had to get an ambulance to come and check her out. One of the times she was on the express register and smacked her head on the bench where you put your basket and there was fucking blood everywhere!!

The worst was her last (5th time), collapsed on a Saturday during our craziest period and not one single person said anything, even customers they all stood there like the fuckwanks they all are.

Went back to security footage and it took 10 minutes for anyone to say anything!!!!

She was shocking, we ended up having to sack her because she was unfit for the job. She never drank anything or ate anything, never took lunch breaks as in she would go away for a few minutes and she would be back on checkouts saying she had her lunch etc.

Sad really, nice person but she was fucked up in the head!
Was she anorexic or bulimic or something ? Man all i can think about at work is how good food is gonna be when i get a chance to eat it.

HSC
Yea I so agree with the above. If I work full days, I'm normally hungry when my break times come, unless they're spaced like near each other, which has happened before lol. I was thinking that she was anorexic or something as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)