The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Your store management roles are quite different to ours
How does it work in your store??

I thought most store did the same because In my store the General manager can ask people work anywhere, as BM's can ask the GM to get staff in their department

Jolyon

HSC
How does it work in your store??

I thought most store did the same because In my store the General manager can ask people work anywhere, as BM's can ask the GM to get staff in their department
Well we have our Store Manager, then an Assistant Store Manager, then we have our department managers (Customer Service Manager, Produce Manager, Liquor Manager, Bakery Manager etc.) THe Department managers mostly look after their own departments while the Store Managers look after the operations of the whole store.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Well we have our Store Manager, then an Assistant Store Manager, then we have our department managers (Customer Service Manager, Produce Manager, Liquor Manager, Bakery Manager etc.) THe Department managers mostly look after their own departments while the Store Managers look after the operations of the whole store.
Maybe because I owrk at Big W. But really isn't that similar to mine, where any manager can ask the GM to get workers from other departments?

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Well that's why. I was thinking, i've never heard of "general manager" and "business admin manager" in Woolworths supermarkets. Our store's main managers consist of Store Manager, Store Services Manager and then the department managers. We did have an STM but not for the past year..

Supervisor/self serve/operator

Last edited:

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Well that's why. I was thinking, i've never heard of "general manager" and "business admin manager" in Woolworths supermarkets. Our store's main managers consist of Store Manager, Store Services Manager and then the department managers. We did have an STM but not for the past year..

Supervisor/self serve/operator
At Big W we have

The General Manager, The Assistant General Manager, The Admin Manager and Business Managers (Business managers manage a certain department i.e. Home)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Is anyone getting a problem accessing the All Yours Site??

I keep getting a Forbidden page?

nanakid12

HSC
I'm a cashier/supervisor but I'm still learning the in's and outs of supervision.

Odd, i can get on my Ipod but not my computer
:S Working fine for me.

On a different note, how was everyone's night of Origin? WOO GO QLD!!!! :D win dat shit.

Mine consisted of standing around awkwardly for an hour as the store went quiet a bit before close so we had almost no customers. Twas quite fun.
Though a couple of customers I had were really not happy for some reason.

Me: How ya going today?
Customer: *throws stuff on belt* Yep!
Me: do you have an everyday rewa-
Customer: No, no no I don't have any of that, no cashout, no nothing.
Me: okay.
*transaction processing... approved*
Me: Thank you, have a good afternoon.
Customer: Yep

Another one, you know how the belts get a bit dirty after a while, and it kinda looks like its wet, but its actually just dry marks on the belt?
I scanned a customers paper and put it back in one of these wet-looking dirty patches, and the customer threw the money at me and said "Don't put it in the fucken wet!! JESUS!!" and just stormed out.

Thats about the rudest I've had, probably nothing compared to some people. What about you guys? I haven't really got that rude of customers :) I love all of mine.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
I'm a cashier/supervisor but I'm still learning the in's and outs of supervision.

:S Working fine for me.

On a different note, how was everyone's night of Origin? WOO GO QLD!!!! :D win dat shit.

Mine consisted of standing around awkwardly for an hour as the store went quiet a bit before close so we had almost no customers. Twas quite fun.
Though a couple of customers I had were really not happy for some reason.

Me: How ya going today?
Customer: *throws stuff on belt* Yep!
Me: do you have an everyday rewa-
Customer: No, no no I don't have any of that, no cashout, no nothing.
Me: okay.
*transaction processing... approved*
Me: Thank you, have a good afternoon.
Customer: Yep

Another one, you know how the belts get a bit dirty after a while, and it kinda looks like its wet, but its actually just dry marks on the belt?
I scanned a customers paper and put it back in one of these wet-looking dirty patches, and the customer threw the money at me and said "Don't put it in the fucken wet!! JESUS!!" and just stormed out.

Thats about the rudest I've had, probably nothing compared to some people. What about you guys? I haven't really got that rude of customers :) I love all of mine.
I fixed my site issue.

I had a customer which kept opening bed sheets and she threw about 10 products totally 30 sheets, 20 pillow cases on the floor

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Customers generally swear at me on a shift-basis :p - I swear it's not me, it's the bogan area inwhich I work in :p haha
Let's just say, any customer that is rude to me soon understands that it doesn't just work one way :)

nanakid12

HSC
Lol, I'm never rude to mine. Well, i dont mean to be if i am... but if they completely ignore me then I seriously will just ask them every question we have to ask:
everyday reward card? thank you. cashout? okay. swipe your card. select account. pin and enter. thank you did you want your receipt? not a problem, thank you have a good day.

Also stole your idea imathew with the signature thing :) actually i stole the whole thing.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Lol, I'm never rude to mine. Well, i dont mean to be if i am... but if they completely ignore me then I seriously will just ask them every question we have to ask:
everyday reward card? thank you. cashout? okay. swipe your card. select account. pin and enter. thank you did you want your receipt? not a problem, thank you have a good day.

Also stole your idea imathew with the signature thing :) actually i stole the whole thing.
I should say that.

Some customers are quite mean in the shops

nanakid12

HSC
Yeah, its the best thing to do (that and smile) without actually doing anything wrong per the company's policies, or the law.

The post after the next post will be the one to make 800 pages!! WOO :)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Welli should, however i never posted anything bad nor will i because Woolworths is awesome!

nanakid12

HSC
CHEAT!! DOUBLE POST!! :p Jks.

Welli should, however i never posted anything bad nor will i because Woolworths is awesome!
To be honest, I really like woolworths to. It's exciting, fast paced and never has a dull moment :)
I haven't actually posted anything bad about the company, or it's customers, I've just recounted stories of some of the customers. I really do love my job though, I'm going to be so sad if I ever have to leave for whatever reason.
At the moment, I am planning on staying at woolworths for the foreseeable future :)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Same.

My job is very fun at the business period because I am doing something all the time. Also everyone is so nice and kind.

Jolyon

HSC
My job was fun yesterday! I supervised and it got super quiet so I had 3 people doing jobs and was discussing Europe with my smoke shop attendant. Bliss. My seriously I did all the jobs, I am a capable supervisor ha

nanakid12

HSC
My job was fun yesterday! I supervised and it got super quiet so I had 3 people doing jobs and was discussing Europe with my smoke shop attendant. Bliss. My seriously I did all the jobs, I am a capable supervisor ha
Aww sweet as. Yeah it was dead for us to (love working when the origin's on). I just spot-checked and did pretty much the other basic stuff. Was great fun last night though.

We don't have a dedicated smokeshop attendant. Or, for that matter, not even a dedicated express operator. Supervisor serves smokes and if it gets busy, serves express. If they're stuck on express, then they just call someone to serve smokeshop. Its just not that busy at our store.

Jealous.

Hopefully in the future i will get a casual Supervising role
Haha yeah :) is the routine at Big W similar to woolies, from what you've seen us talking about? Just mainly spot-checks and stuff?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)