The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

Harry778

HSC
Do u have to get you HSC to be a supervisor? Or 2IC or Service Manager of the checkeouts?

Coz I wanna drop skool but wanna be a supervisor. As some people here might already know. Haha
thanks.

K

katie_tully

Dear Woolies,
As a valued customer of some years I have a few requests. I have noticed that during peak hour shopping times, the inept work experience kids are left to man the cash registers, whilst the 45 year old career woolies chicks stand around and eye everybody suspiciously - instead of helping.
I think this should stop and that instead of being old and useless, they should jump on a register and make it go that much faster.

Yours Sincerely,
Tully.

K

katie_tully

P.S. Please replenish your baby spinach stock in your Parkes store at a faster rate.

Thank you.

K

katie_tully

Casual = no guaranteed hours
no holiday or sick pay
but you generally get paid a little more by the hour to cover that (but it isnt a lot more)

part time u have a fixed amount of hours a week/fortnight

Peartie

HSC
casual gets 20% more pay than part time but nobenefits....part time get the benefits but less per hour.....

CieL

HSC
Harry778 said:
Do u have to get you HSC to be a supervisor? Or 2IC or Service Manager of the checkeouts?

Coz I wanna drop skool but wanna be a supervisor. As some people here might already know. Haha
thanks.
Unfortunately, even the dumbest piece of shit can become manager/supervisor.

Pilotdude

HSC
babikakez said:
Yeh, my 2.5 hour shift was wednesday 4-6.30, works on that loophole mentioned. My store closes at 6 on weekdays (except Thurs).

Also, we were never able to order $20 notes in change orders, were you? But otherwise I don't have a problem with the new change order system, except that I didn't know how to use it on Saturday and had to wait ages for a supervisor to help.

I was also wondering, how many stores have express lanes in the "next please" format, (if you know what I mean). Because once our refit is done (scheduled for completion by September), we're losing ours. The only other stores I've been in have actual lanes for express. I don't want new express lanes, it will take all of the fun out of being on express. :mad1: :burn:
There are a few newly refurbed stores that have the staggered express like how theres one queue and generally the registers are staggered.

Joondalup has that system, they were only refurbed a few months ago. We lost ours as well and is a pain in the ass more than anything, as i used to be able to chuck all my staff on big checkouts and run lotto/s.shop and express and it was cool now i cant just hop on and off express and its a pain in the arse trying to close off especially when its busy, now we just get other staff to takeover.

Why they felt the need to get rid of that express system beats me?? it was alot more efficient as if you have to do a price check or something it means everyone in that lane has to wait.

Not sure what the new new stores are like as the layouts have changed dramatically. Are you guys getting the Brown look? With wood style floors and brown shelving and purple walls with silver writing? or the Green look? would assume the brown but interesting to know anyway

And yeah we are able to order $20 notes, shit we go through more of them than any other note we have 5-6 change orders a day and generally most tills have to order $400 worth for each change order, yes we go through that many!! and we run out of $10 notes all the time as the bank doesnt send us any:headbang: funny you say that as all the people who have come from city stores never ordered 20 dollar notes yet we can but we need them.

Had our biggest sales week since xmas last week, pretty close to xmas sales so i guess everyone is back in town. Like saturday we done 270k for the day and after 7pm i had 2 staff on the front end with me and had to close express and had queues of 6 people on the 2 checkouts, quite amusing anyway. Most people know understand that having unreliable 13 year olds on checkouts isnt the best but its the only option otherwise we are screwed for staff. With Coles chaning their trading hours its going to get worse for us meaning we are going to be alot busier at night so hopefully they look at our trading hours also........

CieL said:
Unfortunately, even the dumbest piece of shit can become manager/supervisor.
Oh how true that is!!! lol theres this one chick that our stupid whore faced ssm picked to be trained up, she is a dumb cow that we all hate! wish she would hurry up and fuck off back under the rock she climbed out of, she thinks shes all high and mighty because she is "Store services manager" and makes note to point it out to EVERYONE.

Like if theres a customer asking for something, "Im the store services manager, so i cant help you there but i will call the grocery manager for you"

"im the store services manager, just helping get all these customers through"

She only ever helps when shes sucking up to the store manager, like i ended up doing an 18 hour day a couple weeks ago when i was in liquor because that fucking whore faced cow wouldnt let me call someone in to help me.

Yes as you can see we as in the whole store hate the mole. Shes all nice and rosy to me and acts like we are best friends but we arent.

Rant over, its great because everyone on here can understand what we are going through lol :)

See woolies made public those "Everyday Rewards Cards" which they hope to phase out all paper fuel dockets and store them on this card, which is a good idea, same happens with staff discount too comes up as "Everyday Rewards Card" and staff discount also voids the fuel offer so it doesnt print out since you get it with your discount card anyways.

Pilotdude

HSC
Ekim said:
Does anyone know when they plan on finishing off/releasing the new Host system?

I find it slightly odd the way they did the change order system. Its good but it would have been nice if it sent it to Office, office cashier accepts it and it does the additional funds process instantly. Then it could also generate a nice report to help with getting the funds from the safe...
New host access?? someone did say something about it but i didnt think anything of it.

whats it suppose to be like? any more details lol?

Yeah it should be sent to the cash office, thats where it doesnt make sense why do it if its not going through to the office??

Well they are certainly going forward in the IT area anyway which is good i guess.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
question guys; i knw u probably are sick of hearing this; but where can we apply for the 2nd discount card?

i forgot i could get my 2nd one when i was part time so i gave mine to my mum.. and now some bitch from the store i work at confiscated it. ==

thx for ur help!~

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
re: change orders being sent to cash office

dont think it would work as well as it sounds in theory because

1) change orders might be sent when the office isnt manned/not time for change orders

2) change requested isnt always availible

3) you need some form or human double checking otherwise it's just far too easy to abuse

my thoughts anyway

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
qft.

does anyone's stores have self serve checkouts =]
they have them at big w

it's stupid because nobody knows how to use them so the staff have to hang around anyway, showing people.

i'll still be going to the human checkout chick, thanks.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah, self-service for customers i can imagine would suck, however, i reckon they'd be awesome for staff members, cause we'd be able to get everything done quickly

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Any word of the self serve checkouts coming to woolworths soon? I bloody hope not, customers get confused enough with swiping their own card let alone the whole transaction.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
i just used the self serve check out at big w the other day.

didn't think u'd have to place the items on the scale to register though. haha; my sister was holding the paper shredder and i was operating it.

was pretty simple though. don't knw what there's not to get.

HSC
Is it really true that you can only change your availabilities/roster after a year of working at Woolworths or was that just a scare tactic?

adistar85us

HSC
Can I request to be put as a permanent part time or do I need to be offered a position?

My stores been affected by that cost cutting thing and the casuals get less shifts per week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)