The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

rasengan90

HSC
mitch179 said:
I think I'd rather work cash office on a day like Christmas Eve, rather than registers, or anywhere else in the store. No customers working in cash office :D
Haha, yeah I know cash office will be much better. When I say busy I mean I may have only 1 hour to read my book in the night instead of 3.

HSC
rasengan90 said:
Haha, yeah I know cash office will be much better. When I say busy I mean I may have only 1 hour to read my book in the night instead of 3.
Oh no how tragic.

Gonzor

HSC
shinji said:
Gonna be doing 38 hours next week though.
5-2pm on Monday
5-3pm on Wednesday
6-10am on Friday
10-8pm on Saturday
6-3pm on sunday.

And i've got 6-4pm 2morrow. Let the lack of sleep, begin.
Try 6am till 6pm every day last week, almost 80 hours. I'll have done another 30+ hours before Christmas Day this week then boxing day and saturday then have sunday off :p:p

Protip: Instore Salary is bad and being a Perishables Manager is bad. heh.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Gonzor said:
Try 6am till 6pm every day last week, almost 80 hours. I'll have done another 30+ hours before Christmas Day this week then boxing day and saturday then have sunday off :p:p

Protip: Instore Salary is bad and being a Perishables Manager is bad. heh.
Haha dude, I feel sorry for you.

HSC
I always wondered how people do these strange hours, I was under the impression it wasn't allowed under the Agreement to work more than a certain amount of hours per day/week, and yet I'm always seeing people at my store, generally managers, finishing the same time as I do or later, even though I know they've been there at least 2-3 hours before my 9-hour shift starts :speechless:

The most overtime I would allow myself to do is 20-30 minutes, and I consider that a great service to the store :haha:

yoddle

is cool
HSC
wiccanchilde said:
Ergh, young kids annoy the hell out of me.
Ours complain that they dont get enough hours, and then call in sick every weekend hungover. Wonder why you dont get offered more than 4 hours a week? There are perhaps 4 or 5 who don't, the rest are unreliable and suck.

*end rant*
tell me about it! this one girl got a job, came every second shift, then her mum rings up and complains that she's getting too many hours and only wants one every two weeks. So yesterday was one of those shifts, but she doesn't turn up so we ring her up and she's like 'oh, i'm in Hobart haha'. eurgh, quit already.

hours this week
m: 9-5
tue: 4-9
wed: 12-9
sat: 9-5
sun: 9-5

on tonight's roster, instead of a register next to my name it just has a smiley face, and my CSM won't tell me what it means and keeps laughing about it. but I have a sneaking suspicion i might be the store santa...

and trolleys 12-9 christmas eve, don't even have a reg. DEATH.

Evolution2006

HSC
CHristmas Pay Question

question About Christmas Eve 2mmow, i work Night Normally, 10pm - 6am on My Contact but Management want us to start @ 7pm - 3am, anyway Safeway are tiring to save money as usual, but will they pay us the 250% for them 3 Hours On Thursday since its on Christmas Morning.

Thanks

:vcross: Safeway Losing Money Chart @ Your Work

anyone seen this chart @ Your Safeway, they put this up in the tea room @ my Store and the amount of money their losing is massive the funny thing is they do it for one week, one of figures i saw was 29,000 a wk, my question is Why PUT THIS UP @ ALL, SAFEWAY RACK UP SO MUCH MONEY ITS NOT FUNNY, :mad::vcross::jaw::evilfire:

Last edited:

asdads333

townie said:
seems they've probably decided that they will put you on PPT, but havent actually made that official yet to capitalise on casual availibililty over X-mas/NYE, untill you sign a sheet with your roster, your not technically PPT, unless they want you to be, if that makes sense....once u sign the roster sheet, then there's no disputing your status.
Hmm sounds right. Im already assigned to work on christmas eve -_-

Just wondering also does that mean i get paid at a casual rate or PPT rate? Im guessing PPT but im hoping im wrong lol.

(btw im getting 10 hrs this week now but still not roster to sign)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Evolution2006 said:
CHristmas Pay Question

question About Christmas Eve 2mmow, i work Night Normally, 10pm - 6am on My Contact but Management want us to start @ 7pm - 3am, anyway Safeway are tiring to save money as usual, but will they pay us the 250% for them 3 Hours On Thursday since its on Christmas Morning.

Thanks

anyone seen this chart @ Your Safeway, they put this up in the tea room @ my Store and the amount of money their losing is massive the funny thing is they do it for one week, one of figures i saw was 29,000 a wk, my question is Why PUT THIS UP @ ALL, SAFEWAY RACK UP SO MUCH MONEY ITS NOT FUNNY, :mad::vcross::jaw::evilfire:

I don't get it.
Surely safeway aren't losing money??

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
meow-says-kitty said:
Evolution what dept do you work in? I'm assuming bakery??
bakery usually starts around about 4-5am or so IIRC.

Black Heart

HSC
Would a casual like myself get paid extra working on Christmas Eve, or is it just normal pay?

nackt

HSC
Black Heart said:
Would a casual like myself get paid extra working on Christmas Eve, or is it just normal pay?
christmas eve u get paid double time and a half

CieL

HSC
Evolution2006 said:

anyone seen this chart @ Your Safeway, they put this up in the tea room @ my Store and the amount of money their losing is massive the funny thing is they do it for one week, one of figures i saw was 29,000 a wk, my question is Why PUT THIS UP @ ALL, SAFEWAY RACK UP SO MUCH MONEY ITS NOT FUNNY,

I think this chart means the money they are losing from wasted/damaged/out of date/etc stock.

That's the impression i got firsthand anyway.

Like that's the amount that could be avoided if people picked up their act.

Black Heart

HSC
Christmas Eve. All I can say is WOW. Wasn't busy AT ALL. I heard last year it was very busy but for some reason this year it wasn't o_O

Oh and I work new years day. Is it double time and a half? (Im on checkouts btw)

mitch179

HSC
Black Heart said:
Christmas Eve. All I can say is WOW. Wasn't busy AT ALL. I heard last year it was very busy but for some reason this year it wasn't o_O

Oh and I work new years day. Is it double time and a half? (Im on checkouts btw)
Yeah, new years day is payed at +250%

HSC
CieL said:
I think this chart means the money they are losing from wasted/damaged/out of date/etc stock.

That's the impression i got firsthand anyway.

Like that's the amount that could be avoided if people picked up their act.
Yeah I think so too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)