The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

Trentyboi

HSC
Okay I'll ring up my manager tomorrow and say I can't go in for personal reasons.

Let's see how far it gets me.
Worked for me. I am a casual employee, my employer doesn't need to know the details of my life. And I'm not going to lie and say I am sick if I am not.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Okay I'll ring up my manager tomorrow and say I can't go in for personal reasons.

Let's see how far it gets me.
That would make you a liar. If it doesn't get you very far then that's deserved. If it didn't get the other boy very far and he had a valid reason then he has a right to whinge about it i think. It's stupid to say that people simply aren't allowed to call in to work for personal reasons, and that they must spill out their darkest secrets to their customer service managers.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
So how does my manager determine if I am lying or not? If I do not have to provide a medical certificate?

yoddle

is cool
HSC
So how does my manager determine if I am lying or not? If I do not have to provide a medical certificate?
What trentyboi said and plus, if you are generally a hard worker, very rarely miss work etc they're going to be less suspicious of you than some uncommitted slacker.

bdude

HSC
I'm doing a half hour supervision shift today, how ridiculous.
What, just half an hour! I wouldn't bother going in.

Does the NSW award stipulate a minimum shift?

Trentyboi

HSC
And if you're a casual worker, they can tell you to go home after three hours (or three and a half) if it's really quiet.

Manda-Jean

HSC
Another one to add to the woolies clan.
Deli. :) not too bad could be worse. Dislike my manager alot alot alot! lol
But money is money its great when shes not there.

:)

Craven

HSC
I hate public holidays. My 5 hour shift turned into 8.5 hours with a 10 min break :'( I wonder if I'll get overtime ONTOP of my 2.5 loading HMM? I doubt it. Oh well.

grobsh

HSC
I hate public holidays. My 5 hour shift turned into 8.5 hours with a 10 min break :'( I wonder if I'll get overtime ONTOP of my 2.5 loading HMM? I doubt it. Oh well.

why would you get overtime?

donedonedone

HSC
I told them i have a doctors certificate, and my doctor actually told me that i shouldn't go into work for my next shifts - yet they still harassed me about not being able to sleep for 3 days "not being a real reason", laughing and asking me "what could i possibly be stressed about?" and "You better have a doctors certificate!".

I wouldn't tell them details of my "personal reasons" or illness because my manager has actually told other people of another staff member taking 2 weeks off because of depression. Now, do i want all my work mates knowing that i am not really the "healthy" happy camper i pretend to be?

I'm part time. This is the second time in three years i've taken a sick day. My first sick day 2 years ago (was actually 3 consecutive days) was because i had an abcess closing off my throat and was rushed to emergency after visiting the doctors thinking i just had tonsilitus (and didn't want to seem like i was overreacting), i spent the weekend in hospital, but that did seem like a silly excuse for work to comprehend why i still couldn't come into my shifts. Due to the treatment from my managers, i wont be turning up for my final shift. Now, they can deal with that.

It's pathetic they let the power get to their head, when all they do is act like an after school care for high school kids.

deep breath, sorry.
/end rant.

donedonedone

HSC
What trentyboi said and plus, if you are generally a hard worker, very rarely miss work etc they're going to be less suspicious of you than some uncommitted slacker.
I don't think that matters. They do expect you to devote 24.7 of your life to woolworths. If not, YOU FAIL AS A FRESH FOOD PERSON!

Trentyboi

HSC
Yeah, if they screw you over, you screw them over! Way to fail if all you can answer for your life is working at a supermarket.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Another one to add to the woolies clan.
Deli. :) not too bad could be worse. Dislike my manager alot alot alot! lol
But money is money its great when shes not there.

:)
Which woolies u work at?

I've been working at deli for 2-3years. hahaha. Gotta question, i'll answer it =]

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
And if you're a casual worker, they can tell you to go home after three hours (or three and a half) if it's really quiet.
That goes for anyone. They can ask you if you wanna go home earlier.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
What, just half an hour! I wouldn't bother going in.

Does the NSW award stipulate a minimum shift?
I live in Tasmania and it was a supervision shift in the middle of an operator one.

16:30 - 18:00 operator
18:00 - 18:30 supervsn
18:30 - 22:00 operator

They expect me to sign on and off at six and six thirty but how pointless, i was only by myself for 15 minutes, is there some requirement that there has to be someone officially rostered on as supervisor at all open hours?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I live in Tasmania and it was a supervision shift in the middle of an operator one.

16:30 - 18:00 operator
18:00 - 18:30 supervsn
18:30 - 22:00 operator

They expect me to sign on and off at six and six thirty but how pointless, i was only by myself for 15 minutes, is there some requirement that there has to be someone officially rostered on as supervisor at all open hours?
jah, technically to satisfy audit requirements, you cant have any underforce on the roster grid report, not having a rostered supervisor would cause an underforce.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)