• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Re: WoWPoS SCO
I have read the instruction manual and watched the dvd.
Basically it is new software that looks very 'old school' and looks like we have gone backwards (no longer made by NCR) :( when I asked the IT-Help desk if it was anymore reliable they said definitely not! After reading the manual I can't really see many benefits of the new software.

Changes:
1. New green bag button, but you still have to wait for the green lights.
2. 'Fruit + Veg', 'Nuts + Snacks' and 'Bakery' buttons instead of Look up Item... good
3. In the assistance mode you can bring up the WowPos screen like our normal registers... which is good :)
4. Heavy Items button only calls for assistance... then the attendant can log in and use the WowPos to look up item in soft drink menu.
5. Cash/Change order routines are basically the same as before but the terminology has changed: eg. 'ATM Cash Office' instead of 'Cash/Paper Status'.
6. You have to go into the WowPos assistance mode to do voids.

That's about it, any questions just ask me :)

...don't actually know when our store is getting it yet but most likely soon.
re interface: yep, seen glimpses of it and that was the overall impression i got, such a shame really because i didn't see much wrong with the NCR software, especially the interface which was really great. NCR has installed tonnes of these machines worldwide, why would Woolies change to their own software!?!? (im guessing the main advantage is better control with Cash office stuff??)

my thoughts:
1. Thats alright, at least there is a button there so people know, there was no way of knowing that you have to wait for the green lights if you didnt already know on the NCR.
2. THANK GOD! That cluttered look up menu annoys me soo much, will be so glad to have seperate menus.
3. Great, can we still do dissection dumps? Now that the RTC has been removed from WoWPOS for non-supervisors??
4. Thats an improvement, shame the customer can't do it, but at least we dont have to scan the heavy items.

So basically it is WoWPOS 'hidden' behind a customer interface?, when we scan our barcode it takes us to WoWPOS screen (I asssume we still print out barcodes etc?)??
Whats the rebooting like to fix issues - is there a 'Stop Fastlane/Start Fastlane' equivalent?

bdude

HSC
lol, new checkseals policy. no more checkseals for stuff that is for immediate consumption
Do you mean for staff purchases (i.e break food)? I'm glad you guys are getting rid of it. We used to have to do that at Coles and it could take up a few minutes of your break waiting for someone to sticker your stuff.

SS-champion

HSC
re interface: yep, seen glimpses of it and that was the overall impression i got, such a shame really because i didn't see much wrong with the NCR software, especially the interface which was really great. NCR has installed tonnes of these machines worldwide, why would Woolies change to their own software!?!? (im guessing the main advantage is better control with Cash office stuff??)

my thoughts:
1. Thats alright, at least there is a button there so people know, there was no way of knowing that you have to wait for the green lights if you didnt already know on the NCR.
2. THANK GOD! That cluttered look up menu annoys me soo much, will be so glad to have seperate menus.
3. Great, can we still do dissection dumps? Now that the RTC has been removed from WoWPOS for non-supervisors??
4. Thats an improvement, shame the customer can't do it, but at least we dont have to scan the heavy items.

So basically it is WoWPOS 'hidden' behind a customer interface?, when we scan our barcode it takes us to WoWPOS screen (I asssume we still print out barcodes etc?)??
Whats the rebooting like to fix issues - is there a 'Stop Fastlane/Start Fastlane' equivalent?
The self-serve attendant will still have a barcode and be able to access the WowPos 'SVR Menu' and everything will be possible (I think) except the manual says that we are not allowed to do Refunds...

I agree I think the Heavy Items button should allow the customer to select from a list?!

I don't think that there will be 'Utility Screen' where you can reboot from. So I'm not sure if the 'Supervisor button/nipple' will do anything? (Our staff usually just turn the power off at the powerpoint to reboot! lol)

The manual says that only the IT-Help desk are allowed to reboot the SCO's but this is hard to believe with all the problems that arise! One way that might be possible is by using the Reboot button on the WowPos screen. i.e. Sign Off>Menu>Reboot?

ekul444

HSC
N/A
The self-serve attendant will still have a barcode and be able to access the WowPos 'SVR Menu' and everything will be possible (I think) except the manual says that we are not allowed to do Refunds...

I agree I think the Heavy Items button should allow the customer to select from a list?!

I don't think that there will be 'Utility Screen' where you can reboot from. So I'm not sure if the 'Supervisor button/nipple' will do anything? (Our staff usually just turn the power off at the powerpoint to reboot! lol)

The manual says that only the IT-Help desk are allowed to reboot the SCO's but this is hard to believe with all the problems that arise! One way that might be possible is by using the Reboot button on the WowPos screen. i.e. Sign Off>Menu>Reboot?
SVR Menu - great, not really fussed about refunds though (can't do them now anyway, and i would rather hand the refund customers over to supervisors! haha :p)

Yeah not sure about Heavy Items, i know for me, when I see a customer come with a big thing of coke/dog food etc I say to them 'I will put this through for you' and I do it first thing so I know that it has gone through and that they cant 'forget'
If they were able to do it themselves Id never be sure if they had remembered to put it through or not...

DAMN! In our store to fix problems it generally goes in order of ways to fix: Stop/Start Fastlane -> Reboot -> Unplug/reboot -> Call help desk
Will really miss the Stop/Start FastLane... Pft stupid help desk, if we called help desk every time we had a problem we'd spend the whole day on the phone!

edit: was I correct in my thinking that its WoWPOS 'hidden' behind customer interface?

SS-champion

HSC
edit: was I correct in my thinking that its WoWPOS 'hidden' behind customer interface?
yes basically that's the idea!

one annoying thing I noticed is that there is no 'Debit with cash out' button, if the customer selects 'Debit' they can choose from 'Exact Sale Amount', Sale +$20, +$50 etc. or the other option is to type in 'Total Amount' from card. I suppose just something to get used to...

ekul444

HSC
N/A
yes basically that's the idea!

one annoying thing I noticed is that there is no 'Debit with cash out' button, if the customer selects 'Debit' they can choose from 'Exact Sale Amount', Sale +$20, +$50 etc. or the other option is to type in 'Total Amount' from card. I suppose just something to get used to...
ah thats a pretty cool idea, makes it more streamlined across the store, and new attendants probably don't need as much training on them now with such a familiar interface.

Does that mean that there is no separate Credit Card / Debit Card buttons??? I never got the point of that, cause you still have to select the account on the pinpad!?!

TheStallion

HSC
Do you mean for staff purchases (i.e break food)? I'm glad you guys are getting rid of it. We used to have to do that at Coles and it could take up a few minutes of your break waiting for someone to sticker your stuff.
Yeah, I'm glad they went and got rid of that, it was damn annoying and pointless - so much easier just to keep a bloody receipt.

SS-champion

HSC
There is still Debit and Credit buttons... it probably just makes it easier for the customer.

Re: Checkseals
What is with this new idea?!
If you only have to keep your reciept then it is very easy to go and grab the same product again off the shelf and say that you paid for it!

bdude

HSC
If you only have to keep your reciept then it is very easy to go and grab the same product again off the shelf and say that you paid for it!
I guess the majority of people wouldn't be so stupid as to steal from their employer.

Harry778

HSC
LOL. I was on smoke shop on sunday 7-12 (we open at 8) and I get a call from my CSM at 6.15 saying where are you?! And I was like ummm getting dressed what about you? She was at work already thinking it was a normal day =D when I said we open at 8 and I start at 7 she just hung up lol. She's such a doof!

yoddle

is cool
HSC
She's such a doof!
Haha I wasn't aware that anyone over the age of seven was referred to as a doof.

I have rung ex-CSM and STM at my old store and they said I should be able to come back in early Jan woot woot.

Better tell my store and get it OKed with HR.
Their 2IC goes on maternity leave very soon appaz and the only other full time supervisor was demoted from 2IC to nothingIC after a couple of weeks last year because she couldn't hack it.

Have no idea what they're doing about it.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
bloody hell, after years of saying how "lol, good luck with that transfer" when i'm just about to take over, one of my best staff members gets approval for transfer within a week.

danberg

HSC
lol, new checkseals policy. no more checkseals for stuff that is for immediate consumption, parcel pickuo or home delivery as long as you keep your receipt. will be a new checkseal that is just a sticker, dont need to write anything on it.
ah thanks for explaining it properly, that makes sense.
i was thinking what happens if i bring in something i bought from somewhere else that we also sell.....and i cant get a checkseal at the service desk? At least they'll have stickers, although I would've thought they'd get rid of the old ones only when they've issued the new ones!
i hear that this new policy comes straight from mad marty himself, so i can understand why there are holes in it.

Last edited:
HSC
Absolute lol at my 2IC today. We were supposed to spot all of the tills before taking them upstairs, as per Project Phoenix. My store manager got so angry at her, and all I could do was laugh. He was like, if it was anyone else on would this be more efficient - when the two of us work together its an absolute disaster.

lol, new checkseals policy. no more checkseals for stuff that is for immediate consumption, parcel pickuo or home delivery as long as you keep your receipt. will be a new checkseal that is just a sticker, dont need to write anything on it.
Like this idea very much.

Last edited:

Isaia

HSC
Hi All, I have a very big favour to ask anyone in the Long Life department experienced with AutostockR. I am in the akward position of being entrusted to complete AutostockR routines and dont actually know what Im doing. I learnt AutostockR from a workmate whom I have since found out was not doing it properly when she tought me. She never taught me of Capping Report or RR Report. If someone could tell me how to determine when a product should be sent to Capping Report it would be hugely appreciated.

I think its something like...

:: If the product count (SOH) is correct, and
:: Shelf Capacity/MPL is correct

then you

Check previous adjustments to see if its been adjusted recently to explain the overstock, otherwise check orders to see something. But I Just dont have any clue.

Cheers.

crablegs

HSC
Hello

Over the past few weeks I have been getting trained as a Service Supervisor but I am a bit scared about doing it because my training has been extremely crap/vague. They have shown me how to transfer money from broken gift cards, do tender swaps, spot tills, do refunds, the process for opens and shown me about the 'service file'. My CSM said I am pretty much trained now.

However, I always see supervisors doing stuff on the computer, using other functions in the supervisor menu and hiring out cleaning equipment and multiple other things that I can't think off the top of my head. I have not been taught any of this and I fear I may get owned on my first supervision shift. I asked my CSM if I would need to use the computer and she just goes "you probably will" and then didn't show me anything. Wtf...argh lol

Last edited:

quick90

HSC
Whats everyone's stores like, in terms of service 20's?. mine is doing about 7-9 hrs from everyone combined. thats with about 7 staff, that can attend to the calls. one guy from grocery did over 5 hrs, last week

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)