The Woolworths Thread (10 Viewers)

bensneddon

HSC
I chucked mine as soon as I got it.
Sorry!

However, when I read it, I never even thought of this thread...so I wonder if they've already read it?
I had one of the IT helpdesk staff send me a PM a while warning me about posting stuff. I think I was talking about Store Release 9.2.

Basically asked him if he was contacting me in an official capacity, and he said no.

Everything that's on StoreNet is 'released' so it's public domain i think. We probably should be careful with stuff like sales figures though, because they are definitley confidential!

On another note... pretty annoying how IT haven't put the shortcut to SCOBO in the Service Supervisor menu for Office. I have to log in for other supervisors if they wanna use it now...

langlece

HSC
Yes the Camberwell store is very nice. "The Pilot store" in Melbourne :) how many registers do you actually use? for example on your busiest day how many express and big registers do you have open?
Sat would definitely be our busiest day. Almost all, if not all, registers would be used at some point in the day. 3 express registers are not brought out at all unless it's Christmas etc and are never used.

At the most staffed time on Sat morning, we would probably have 4 express, 4 self serve, 1 smokeshop and around 11 big registers open. It makes counting and pickups at night so much fun. At least we've finally brought in backup supervisors, beforehand we had to count all of them ourselves, with only one supervisor and way too few staff after 7.

RE the article: I've seen it too. I think the whole point of it is to try to change the culture of the company away from blatant bagging out of managers. What this thread really is, is a group of genuinely interested employees that respect and care about what they do, or have genuine questions about their rights and responsibilities. It's not like we insult customers or managers here at all. The only thing we really have to watch is posting too much inside info that people, eg thieves, could use against Woolworths.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
This is so sad.
Third 5 am start in a row, what is thiiiiis.
Just called my 2IC to ensure that she's on her way to pick me up.
Le sigh, fml.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Somone wanted the Sims Woolworths pics so heres the link. I made it a while ago, and I have even refurbed it since then lol.

Pictures by Harry7784 - Photobucket
Dude that is fucking amazing. That must have taken days to do.

Got told last week that I am not allowed to take down/build front ends on Sundays (I do 6pm-3am) anymore as it costs too much money. There is only me and another guy (who does back ends) so between us out penalty rates would be more than say $100 combined... and our store wage bill is around 80k/week. So we have to come in at midnight, do nightfill for 5 hours, then ends till 10 am (and our store opens at 7am, so will have to work around customers). This is gay as it fucks up both your Sunday and Monday. Apparently this is statewide. More decisions made by people it doesn't affect! /rant

I will post a pic when I am getting ready for work next.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol, harry, apparantly your old store is getting knocked down and re-built brand spanking new now, not just refurb.

Harry778

HSC
Lol, harry, apparantly your old store is getting knocked down and re-built brand spanking new now, not just refurb.
:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O

PLEASE tell me you're joking? omg...typical!!! Do you know if it will be any bigger?

But yer that store was fairly crap.

Pilotman

HSC
Talking bout old memories and keys a couple pages back got me thinking......

Remember with the old keyboards, every supervisor got issued a set of keys with everything on it.

Fuck those were the good old days, having to remember PLU's haha think i knew 90% of the fucking things, the odd one would catch you out with the weird shit. Having to know exactly how much to type in so the cunstomer got the right amount of cash out etc lol screwed that up a few times.

So like if it was $59.75 with $65 cash out youd have to punch in 124.75 then EFT.

The dodgy old EFT card readers always always had huge problems with those things, remember when we first got back office and touch screens, what a bloody change and difference it made to the way we done things in store especially at a supervision level, change orders still stayed the same for a bit there but we didn't have to enter it in to the bodgy old 1990's PC haha just sent it through to cash office.

Weird RTC's, refunds having the codes for departments etc, chucking the keys in, biggest PITA really having to go to the register and chucking in the keys, least with WOW POS most of the operators knew my password any way haha.

The heavy item scan cards

Oh and almost forgot..........EFT slips having to stick them in the reciept machine print the slip out, customer sign then back in the till simialr to how the cheques are done now.

Also our store was quite unique( and only 1 of 2 stores in WA and only a few in Australia that does it) that sold Lotto tickets and scratchies......ended up with a touch screen for that about 18 months ago, was like keyboard to touch screen all over again :)

Also remember getting sent a book about what options the company was looking at to replace the keyboards, they had a whole heap of different screens etc but stuck with IBM and went with that but some of the other options they looked at were pretty neat.

The good old days..................fuck that was a long time ago but. Any more memories haha

Last edited:
HSC
I remember that I started on the Saturday that my store got the touchscreens - so I didnt really look too noobish.

I remember 7110-ing it, whenever it took far too long for a supervisor to come along.

I remember when we could sell smokes from registers, and it would always take me about ten trips to get what the customer wanted.

langlece

HSC
Haha that's really hardcore... I was pretty lucky, I came in the week WowPos did in my store, so none of us had a clue what was happening. I fit right in!

Speaking of which, today's my 3 year anniversary :)

Otacon2009

HSC
I can't ever remember supermarkets selling cigarettes from the register. I remembered prior to the refit before 2010 (The ones when registers were all in a single file, not the two person ones and the counter doubled for express), I had to save, they came around the corner and pay then. Vaugely remember when they didn't have the touchscreens and had to use the PLU wheel in place of the item lookup (incorporating the fruit and vegies). Truth be told, I'd use the fruit/veg PLUs instead of going to the menus because there's nothing like remembering where everything is, then next week it's all gone and you still have that reflex from last week. If only I could get the list of PLUs. I'd use them instead.

On a side note, I noticed that the screen the customer sees has reverted back from the green fresh food people to the tomatoes. Also, did that red arrow on the customer's screen really supposed to work?

Last edited:
HSC
Haha that's really hardcore... I was pretty lucky, I came in the week WowPos did in my store, so none of us had a clue what was happening. I fit right in!

Speaking of which, today's my 3 year anniversary :)
we must have started around the same time (would explain the wowpos thing) - my three years was about two months ago.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I swear, I hope they make it so that you need to be 18 to sell cigarettes in Victoria.
I HATE them, I have no clue what they are :(

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
I swear, I hope they make it so that you need to be 18 to sell cigarettes in Victoria.
I HATE them, I have no clue what they are :(
You'll find that you learn where they all are. I remember just after I started, my supervisor got me to serve smokes...I was 17 at the time haha
Just tell them you'd rather not serve smokes and I'm sure they'd understand. Not sure about everyone else but at my store, staff actually like serving there, its kinda seen as a privilege.

bensneddon

HSC
If only I could get the list of PLUs. I'd use them instead.

On a side note, I noticed that the screen the customer sees has reverted back from the green fresh food people to the tomatoes. Also, did that red arrow on the customer's screen really supposed to work?
You can. Log in to Stock Management from a workstation in store and print the PLU listing report. All the PLUs work on WoWPOS.

What's that red arrow supposed to do?

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
You can. Log in to Stock Management from a workstation in store and print the PLU listing report. All the PLUs work on WoWPOS.

What's that red arrow supposed to do?
Or the PLU number is located to the bottom right of the product....
i.e

Capsicum Red
(image)

Treefeet

HSC
hehe you dont need the "0" tho.. just 7102

like tomatoes are 4549.. its nice to still remember things off the top of your head.. even tho i havent had to use that in 3 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)