The Woolworths Thread (6 Viewers)

DM Mike

HSC
I reckon petrol would become repetitive alot quicker, at least in supermarket operations theres some variety. Even if you work in only one department, you still are exposed and learn about other departments which makes it more interesting, you have more employees to have a chat too during lunch...

If your looking to make a career I reckon supermarkets would be better too, but everyones different, go with what you think is right...

Craven

HSC
I actually did the layouts. And i thought you guys were sad.

'km' is current store, 'sc' is store i have been at most/will be quasi-2IC at.

Notice latter's whacked layout.

Also, gave some warning when i transferred them from pages to word, so it may look weird.
my store is pretty much exactly the same as your 'km' store. except seafood is separate from deli (on back wall behind produce) and self serve checkouts between service desk/express and trolley bay.

Craven

HSC
oh and we had to evacuate the store today about 6pm. fun stuff.... i was in the middle of a pickup haha.

Craven

HSC
fire alarm went off.. turns out a workman set it off but yeah had to get the fire brigade down to give the all clear since the whole shopping centre had to be evac-ed. fun stuff.

HSC
i love evacuations. except the last one where i got sent down to centre management to find out stuff, and when i got back i'd been locked out :O

far out, i dont think i had run so fast in my life. well at least since school aths haha.

Turns out I may get exam leave after all. My SSM is doing rosters this week and came up to me and was like "You're not available next week are you". I was just like, uh, nope.
Would be so nice.

H.P

HSC
would people say a cover letter is important when applying for general jobs on the website?

groovygirl

HSC
shit i feel so bad i broke a customers eggs in the two cartoons as i was giving it to her to put in her own trolley but she dropped it. she was about to cry. one of my floor managers had to grab one egg carttoon and i grabbed the other and forgot to secure my register cos i was panicing and got two new ones. and the lady working at self serve told me off for not securing my register when i went to replace the egg cartoons i was so stressed

HSC
I remember about two years ago, we constantly were getting evacuated like every second then every saturday was awesome! about 45-1 1/2 outside in the sunshine, beauuuutiful :D but then the trolley guys were doing it to get out of work.

Also, quick question, are you entitled to a 15 minute break when you do a 4.5 hour shift? because i have had in the past and the supervisor last night said no.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I remember about two years ago, we constantly were getting evacuated like every second then every saturday was awesome! about 45-1 1/2 outside in the sunshine, beauuuutiful :D but then the trolley guys were doing it to get out of work.

Also, quick question, are you entitled to a 15 minute break when you do a 4.5 hour shift? because i have had in the past and the supervisor last night said no.
Yes, i've had a tea on a 4 hour shift. If you are refused a tea break, complain!

HSC
^ Yeah, might do that tell my boss who reminded the supervisor, before she left. So next time i'm in or i might ring up

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
It's not a paid break. Why bother taking one after 4 hrs for a 4.5hr shift? This is why your manager didn't offer one to you I assume. I would rather do 4.5 hours straight and just get out of there. In nightfill we are not offered breaks for anything less than 5 hours.

MissMadiD

HSC

Thats a general rule across all workplaces. No more than 4 hours of work without a 10 minute break.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
It's not a paid break.
Yes it is...

http://www.sdavic.org/sites/default/files/Your Rights at Safeway so.pdf

Breaks
The Agreement recognises that
employees need to be able to take
a break.
You are entitled to a paid rest break
of 10 minutes during a work period
of four hours
or more, and another
10 minutes when you work for a total
of seven hours or more.
Unpaid meal breaks ranging from 45
to 60 minutes, at Safeway’s direction,
are to be taken if you work more than
five hours on any day, and another
meal break is to be taken after five
more hours if you work a long shift.
The meal break may be 30 minutes
by mutual agreement.
If you are working the majority of your
shift after midnight, you receive a
paid 30-minute meal break.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)