• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
ok here is a question

I needed a price check for eggs
I called service 40 long life >where ours are placed<
but to be blasted by long life for not calling pershiables?
what would you call?

As I told him all food perishs no matter what section it is in!
probably the easiest way to look at it is that anything that isnt meat/deli/seafood/produce that you have seen come through with a reduced to clear sticker is probably perishables. Think shelf life of 2 months <less + frozen stuff.

Craven

HSC
Eggs are apart of Perishables dept.. honestly though, I have NEVER called a dept to do a price check for me. I always go and check myself. I mean, the amount of time it takes to get them to come down, find out what product it is, go back and get the price etc... (I cringe when people go over the PA can i get a price check on 680g rice bubbles....) I can easily just run down the aisle and get it myself. I prefer to do this so I'm not bothering other departments unless it's necessary (express alerts).

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
i'm the Queen of the PA at my store, give me a product, and the price, and i'll just sell it over the PA
Omg... Perishables manager did that ALL DAY today with this half price Peters ice cream, he had rhymes and everything... "its what you need to eat to beat this heat" etc. And he did this every 10 mins for the over 6 hours! It must of drove the customers insane because it drove staff insane!

Re: Closing calls, we do closing calls generally around 20mins/15mins/10mins/5mins to go. I think because some of your stores close earlier (mine doesn't until midnight) I can understand why some managers wouldn't like them. But by 11pm, our store is generally pretty dead and its just regulars shopping so they know the drill.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
instead of calling someone to do a price check why not just Price Check on WowPos?

Found out our Xmas opening hours today. Thankfully we're only open til 10pm on Xmas eve, last year it was til midnight. Boxing day (+2 days after Boxing Day) 9am - 8pm and New years day + day after nyd 9am - 8pm.

Store Manager put in a request for us to close on NYD because last year as an entire store we done something like 9k, which doesn't even pay our wages.

twelvemonths

HSC
or when the barcode doesn't scan because it's from another store lol

had that happen a couple of times

bdude

HSC
At Coles we now have "brand ambassadors" who will sometimes have to go over the PA and talk about particular products and do things like hand out free samples

H.P

HSC
how long after the 2nd interview do they normally call?
also is the rejection by email?

NNS7

HSC
N/A
ok here is a question

I needed a price check for eggs
I called service 40 long life >where ours are placed<
but to be blasted by long life for not calling pershiables?
what would you call?

As I told him all food perishs no matter what section it is in!
NO it is not! eggs are perishables even if they are in the aisles , it drives me mad when I get called for meat or deli or even grocery, i still resolve the issue, but glare or tell off who ever called me (unless they are new).

RE: PA selling, I hate it!! i have to use the PA all the time, and have had to sell the Peters Icecream this week, me and dept manager take turns every half hour doing it cause we both hate it lol
"thats right customers down in our freezer case today we have some greeeaaat savings for you, PETERS 4 LITRE ICECREAM!!!! just $4.97!!! thats a saving of $4.32!!! beat the heat today customers and come on down to the freezer, where you will find this GREEAAAT saving and many more!!!!!

RE: no of PA's; we have one for every two checkouts, so the operators just make their own service calls. It works pretty well, but there are some staff members that we wish did not have a PA so readily available.

e.g. most of the managers were having lunch the other day, when "XXXX can I please have your store location" came over the PA. The staff member that was called then replied over the PA "I'm on the checkouts what do you want!!" everyone in the lunch room just groaned, except SM who muttered " I'm going to be having a chat to him I think...."

brookie94

HSC
how long after the 2nd interview do they normally call?
also is the rejection by email?
I was told at the I interview that I got it but maybe your store is diffrent or I'm just awesome lol jks good luck and if you do get told no it should be an email or call

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Oh of course - doh

Checkout staff at my store just do it themseslves, but I guess that's because it's such a small store.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
"Can I please have an assistant from meat to the service desk...actually no....perishables...sorry"
leaves the call for 5 secs and tries again later.

I suck at the PA. Not so much as one of my other supervisors, no one can understand her over the PA. Her close call goes like this:

Attenshuncustomerstimenow5oclockwoolworthsrockinghamcityCLOSSSSSSSSED"

like that quick, no breath, emphasis on closed.

We always do a second call after that ;)
Honk honk. A previous SM was SO BAD. Like really slow, and unecessarily repeated every word like fifty times. E.g. "Yoddle......Yoddle.....Can you come to the Service Desk.....Please......Yoddle.....Service Desk......Yoddle.......Thanks" NO JOKE.
We used to imitate the fuck out of him on the P.A., and I went to his new store the other day and they were doing it there as well it was so funny.

BSammy

HSC
Quick question. Townie or someone might know this.

How close do you need to be to a person to get Bereavement leave?

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
My Safeway won't give me smokeshop privileges until I turn 16. I brought in government documentation stating there was no law for minors to sell cigarettes in Victoria, then they came up with "it's Safeways policies to not give privileges until you're 16"

Sigh..

lacho95

HSC
My Safeway won't give me smokeshop privileges until I turn 16. I brought in government documentation stating there was no law for minors to sell cigarettes in Victoria, then they came up with "it's Safeways policies to not give privileges until you're 16"

Sigh..
Does anybody know if thats true in woolworths QUEENSLAND?? Because i thought there was no age limit for anything cept' grog

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)