The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

SS-champion

HSC
loved the fact that AMEX went down on Christmas eve! Soooo glad it wasn't CBA :)
yeah that was fun we were doing AMEX and CBA credit cards as manual EFT!

So busy in the morning right from 7:30am (we open at 7am). I had to laugh at the 3 full pages of operator grids and supervisor grid for today. Normally only about 1.5pages of operators.

It went nuts for the last 4 hours last night (xmas eve eve). Closing supervisor didn't go home until 2am! lol... she had to count and clean every register after midnight.

was a fun day with lots of staff... but hopefully boxing day is a little calmer.

...and slow registers are pissing me off!!

Otacon2009

HSC
I'm now on Annual Leave until February 1, which by that time I would have made my move to the southern states. I can speak from three years of experience that until I return, everyone associated at my store can go fornicate themselves with an iron stick. (Yeah I appropiated that quote)

bensneddon

HSC
If stores are experiencing difficulty with 'slow' registers, first ensure that there is no obstructions to the ventilation of the register case (grey IBM box under cash draw). Then reboot the register.

If the register is still 'slow', log a job with IT to have the register 'rebuilt'. This refreshes the software environment of the register, by reloading the operating system and POS applications.

If problems still persist, log a job with IT to have a technician come out and internally clean the register of dust.

bensneddon

HSC
lol, I just heard that our SM apparently opened doors 15 minutes early this morning. He's getting his ass kicked by Centre Management.
Heh he broke the Retail Trading Hours Act :p pretty sure he'd be up for a $5000 fine for that.

HSC
I don't know if its 100% true or just some loser exaggerating, but surely thats pretty dodgy. They would have only had four front end staff on before 8 this morning...

I'd like to think that its not true.

Craven

HSC
Merry Christmas :D
the first year that we didn't run out of hams, still got 2 pallets left =s

Otacon2009

HSC
Hey was there a minor tweak to the 2010 format? I noticed the signage has gone from a brown to blue and it was noticable in two stores in Darwin that have it. Or is it my suspicion that the signs age that way?

Harry778

HSC
Good morning and Merry Christmas everyone! The party last night was sooo fun. Devod none of you could make it! lol..

I was reading the some people had staff problems yesterday and the day before and that you had to call express alerts? This would be totally unheard of in my store at Christmas! Calling it around this time is pretty much suicide lol. But then again CSM and SSM went totally over board with the amount of staff we had. We certainly didn't need every register open from 7.30am right through to 9pm! Guess they didn't want to risk it cos our store is fairly massive! hahaha. But it was flat out all day. Happy we're not open boxing day!! =D

Hope you all have and awesome day!

Harry-

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
If stores are experiencing difficulty with 'slow' registers, first ensure that there is no obstructions to the ventilation of the register case (grey IBM box under cash draw). Then reboot the register.

If the register is still 'slow', log a job with IT to have the register 'rebuilt'. This refreshes the software environment of the register, by reloading the operating system and POS applications.

If problems still persist, log a job with IT to have a technician come out and internally clean the register of dust.
I heard all of ours had a major clean overnight last week. We didn't have one single issue with slow registers.

PyroTek

HSC
I still think the PoS (Point of Sale) should really stand for Piece of S***... There are many issues I think could be resolved.
Ah Well.
We had like half a rollcage of hams... and that's big for our store!

MissMadiD

HSC
I feel like I have missed out
I had a 4 hour shift last night and it was DEAD! The only thing that happened that was slightly interesting (and annoying) was the deli reducing their stock with no bar codes, every time one came we had to call a supervisor to reduce it.

dimzi

OMGWTFBBQ
HSC
My store went slightly better yesterday (Eve) than the day before; had some crazy rushes throughout the day!

And the sales in liquor were massive! Beat my department (perish) by $11k, but jeez they were moving some stock!

It wasn't as bad as I had thought; store closed at 10pm, and 3 of us were rostered until 12am. Finished everything by 11pm so I sent them home while I fixed up a few things then left myself.

Although we had a fridge fail at 9:30pm; the mechanic wanted the entire bay stripped so he could 'de-ice' it by hosing it all out. The STM told him to get frakked, thank god!

Merry Christmas all! And thank you NSW Government for knocking back the exemptions for boxing day! Yeww!

yoddle

is cool
HSC
It wasn't that busy for us yesterday! I was supervising most of the afternoon and i only had to call one express alert (different to a service 20) at like 12.30. I did the close and the late evening was particularly quiet, we sent one boy home at seven and another went to pull forward the freezer.

SO sick of people standing around the service desk. Take the fucking initiative and pick a job. Most of serial standers-around are supervisors who should know better. I went down on my tea to take the change bags with the SSO and the quasi-3IC was just standing around with a group of like FOUR chatting away. Not like we hadn't just had our busiest day of the year and heaps of shit needed to be done or anything.

We missed our target by 10k, which is a lot when our target was only 136k. All in all a good day, except the close cos it was my first and i had to rush it at the end. All the registers are out by around 16 000k due to IT issue, totally freaked me out.

The SSO is so cool. She's nicknamed me "One-Ring Kim" in memory of the former SSO who was very quick on the telephone. We are locked in a competition for who can answer the phone the quickest. I'm thrashing her. My best is 1/3 of a ring.

SS-champion

HSC
I heard all of ours had a major clean overnight last week. We didn't have one single issue with slow registers.
This definitely fixes slowness... and I think this should be done once a year!!

Hey was there a minor tweak to the 2010 format? I noticed the signage has gone from a brown to blue and it was noticable in two stores in Darwin that have it. Or is it my suspicion that the signs age that way?
I've noticed a few different colours
1. wood-grain look
2. wood-grain look with a blue tinge
3. plain brown without the wood look

Harry778

HSC
It wasn't that busy for us yesterday! I was supervising most of the afternoon and i only had to call one express alert (different to a service 20) at like 12.30. I did the close and the late evening was particularly quiet, we sent one boy home at seven and another went to pull forward the freezer.

SO sick of people standing around the service desk. Take the fucking initiative and pick a job. Most of serial standers-around are supervisors who should know better. I went down on my tea to take the change bags with the SSO and the quasi-3IC was just standing around with a group of like FOUR chatting away. Not like we hadn't just had our busiest day of the year and heaps of shit needed to be done or anything.

We missed our target by 10k, which is a lot when our target was only 136k. All in all a good day, except the close cos it was my first and i had to rush it at the end. All the registers are out by around 16 000k due to IT issue, totally freaked me out.

The SSO is so cool. She's nicknamed me "One-Ring Kim" in memory of the former SSO who was very quick on the telephone. We are locked in a competition for who can answer the phone the quickest. I'm thrashing her. My best is 1/3 of a ring.
Lol, I feel the same about people standing around doing nothing at the desk. If there is no supervisor when they start, they will look at what register they're on but still stand there. And the other night I asked an operator to clean some registers, so she was up to her second one and it started to get busy so I asked her to jump back on and she goes "WELL DO YOU WANT THESE REGISTERS CLEAN OR NOT"?! I fucking went off! And she pisses me off the most! Always walks off when there is no one around. I'll see her and say what are you doing? And shes older then me and always tries to use that against me..I said to her one day Just remember whos the supervisor and whos the operator, if you dont like it take it up with the CSM! that shut her up..lol.
Not looking forward to closing this sunday =( haha. Will be busy appaz.

Hope everyone is enjoying their xmas!

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC

Can somebody small like me organize to have IT come out and do a complete clean of all our registers? Can I just call I and ask them to, or does somebody higher up in the store need to organize it?

SS-champion

HSC
Can somebody small like me organize to have IT come out and do a complete clean of all our registers? Can I just call I and ask them to, or does somebody higher up in the store need to organize it?
Well I always call IT myself for self-serve issues so I don't see the issue with calling them for other register issues. What's everyone else's opinion?

bensneddon

HSC
Well I always call IT myself for self-serve issues so I don't see the issue with calling them for other register issues. What's everyone else's opinion?
Definitely speak to the SSM about this, as it will be charged off to the store budget.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)