The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

bensneddon

HSC
OMG do you know how many times I accidentally pressed pos reboot? And I still get reduce/refunds mixed up.
When I have already scanned a customers EDR card I always end up hitting EFT Manual in tender mode, because my reflex is to bypass the EDR prompt :p

BSammy

HSC
I love the slow registers, when putting the draws in of a morning i hit the screen a bunch of times, then i go to pick up the register draw and have to wait about 5 more seconds til the draw opens for me.

Although a lot of times when i sign in i often accidentally start a spot check.

PyroTek

HSC
Banana: 4011
Lady Finger: 4233
Truss: 4664
ohhh
garlic shoots: (due to shitty barcodes) 9 316705 000230
Thompson Seedless: 4022 (correct?)
Lime: 4048
Lemon: 6462 (depending on season)..

What about deli codes? I understand they are different for stores:
Chicken breast fillets: 2043
Devon: 1

Can't remember the rest for now.

I used to hit "product search" when RTC was taken off the operator menu. but with most things (bags of ice, phone credit, fruit and veg, opening drawers, refresh receipt. etc) I can press it before the options come up.

Edit: I am a very sad person to have remembered these -_-

Last edited:

Tragesty

HSC
Hey guys,

I'm going to the hour session about the agreement and whatnot and it starts at 3-4 and my shift is from 4-9. This is a long shot but I thought I may as well ask, but does that count as a 6 hour shift? I figured since I was getting payed to go then maybe..

Sorry if it's a stupid question.

PyroTek

HSC
Not a stupid question, I tihnk it might count as a 6 hour shift. best to ask in the actual meeting :p.
Our store is trying to have the meetings during our shifts, and just going off our department's budgets.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Hey guys,

I'm going to the hour session about the agreement and whatnot and it starts at 3-4 and my shift is from 4-9. This is a long shot but I thought I may as well ask, but does that count as a 6 hour shift? I figured since I was getting payed to go then maybe..

Sorry if it's a stupid question.
Well, according to the union, meetings can ONLY be held during your work time (i.e. not on your own time). You need to speak to your union rep to ensure that you do get paid for the time spent in the meeting.

BSammy

HSC
Yeah, I'm curious as to how I will know who went to the meetings, as the payroll guy at the moment, it's up to me to ensure people get paid for the meetings, yet the departments not charged for them.

I'm hoping they do some sort of attendence sign off, like at training and inductions.

HSC
I've decided that woolies should pay me for the time I have spent with doctors/physios/generally chasing up workers comp shit. So far I'm up to around 3 hours this week alone!

I used to hit "product search" when RTC was taken off the operator menu. but with most things (bags of ice, phone credit, fruit and veg, opening drawers, refresh receipt. etc) I can press it before the options come up.

Edit: I am a very sad person to have remembered these -_-
I still hit product search.

Our store is trying to have the meetings during our shifts, and just going off our department's budgets.
our department slotted 4 or 5 people at a time to go, but it was during your own shift - ie mine was 10-10.30, then another group went 10.30-11 etc

I love the slow registers, when putting the draws in of a morning i hit the screen a bunch of times, then i go to pick up the register draw and have to wait about 5 more seconds til the draw opens for me.

Although a lot of times when i sign in i often accidentally start a spot check.
I have enough time to mentally sort out what change needs to be ordered before the drawer even comes close to opening.

All of our mains are too slow for my liking, but particularly the ones I always seem to use (well used to use, atm I can only use even numbered mains).

When I have already scanned a customers EDR card I always end up hitting EFT Manual in tender mode, because my reflex is to bypass the EDR prompt :p
Me too. One day I am sure that I will attempt to put payment through as EFT Manual.
BTW, what happens if I accidentally did?

Yeah, I'm curious as to how I will know who went to the meetings, as the payroll guy at the moment, it's up to me to ensure people get paid for the meetings, yet the departments not charged for them.

I'm hoping they do some sort of attendence sign off, like at training and inductions.
there is a sign off sheet for attendance.

Craven

HSC
Me too! I feel like the POS has slowed down a lot than it used to be... takes forever to get into tender sometimes, like I don't even look where I'm pushing sometimes for cash (I don't bother typing in the actual amount they give me, I just work it out in my head).

bensneddon

HSC
Me too. One day I am sure that I will attempt to put payment through as EFT Manual.
BTW, what happens if I accidentally did?
I really doubt that you'd do this, because you have to enter quite a few things into WoWPOS, but if you did a tender swap from EFT Manual to EFT would rectify things.

theonemanshow

HSC
Hey guys, can anyone run through the process for a transfer from department A in woolies Store 1 to department B in woolies Store 2 (in another word, transfer into a different department in a different store)? I am also wondering how long it would take for the process if there is a vacancy available?

Cheers.

BSammy

HSC
Hey guys, can anyone run through the process for a transfer from department A in woolies Store 1 to department B in woolies Store 2 (in another word, transfer into a different department in a different store)? I am also wondering how long it would take for the process if there is a vacancy available?

Cheers.
I'm pretty sure that on the transfer form there is a section asking which departments you have worked in, and which departments you would like to work in at the new store.
If you know there is a vacancy and the DepManager there wants you to fill it, they can sometimes help the transfer happen quicker.
If there isn't really many positions open then you will probably be shafted to front end or grocery.

PyroTek

HSC
yeah, I think it really is more to do with what the other store has available in each department...

HSC
Would you say Its alright to N/A new years eve, as Just from 9:30 tonight a family member of mine is getting married? Or clarify it with my dm before n/a'ying it

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Yanno speaking of Tomatoes, it amazes me how many people still think they are a Vegetable. When my dept. manager was away last year I reorganized the drill downs and moved Tomatoes over to Fruit, and I got like heaps of C/o ops asking "Ummm where are the tomatoes?!?"...Well as they are a fruit, under Fruit :p lol

In the end it was just easier to move them back.
Woolworths does actually recognise this, i remember when we had WoWPos training they specifically said "fruit and vegtables are allocated to such based on how customers commonly see them, not their actual definition"

edit: on a related note, legally, in the USA, tomatoes are a vegtabke. So for any laws referring to vegtables, it includes tomatoes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)