The Woolworths Thread (7 Viewers)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
It's a form of auditing, afaik each department has a SMART audit at least once a year?
Unless you fail and then they come back four weeks later. As a result CSM has made us go completely overboard in asking for ID and making sure we write in DOB. But I'm just going to fake it when she's not around hehehe.

aha, I felt so sorry for my poor SSM today. He had, thoughout the day, three crying supervisors in his office, basically because my CSM doesn't really know how to be nice/polite to her staff. He was completely freaking out by the time he dealt with me :(
As much as its nice to have him on side, I felt like such an idiot.

Upshot of all of that, we should "expect major change" by July. Personally, I think its a load of bull, but you can hope, can't you.
What were you talking to him about? Also, is she impolite to customers as well as staff? Maybe they're waiting til the end of the financial year before shafting her into the trolley 2IC position.

HSC
What were you talking to him about? Also, is she impolite to customers as well as staff? Maybe they're waiting til the end of the financial year before shafting her into the trolley 2IC position.
I'll put that more specifically - she doesn't know how to treat her supervisors like human beings. As soon as myself and the other thursday supervisor came in this arvo we got absolutely mauled about how bad of a job we're doing on thursdays, something along the lines of "you've had four weeks to get them right, you haven't, are you both retarded?" What annoys me though is that in her two years or so as CSM at our store, she has NEVER done a thursday close. We have the same amount of time to close that they do any other day of the week (but with less staff and more customers), but at 6pm today, five registers were in use, at 9pm yesterday, there were 12.

Also, her excuse for not doing thursdays is pathetic - she's having dancing lessons for her wedding. Isn't that what being salaried is about, being at the beck and call of higher managers? The SSM and SM know we're struggling to do everything to her impossibly high standards, yet she gets away with not doing thursday close. Fucking retarded.

Its not surprising that I lost the plot, tbh. But that the other girl did (she's tough as nails and doesn't take any crap from anyone) is saying something.

Me and the liquor manager need to have a chat, asap! Unless we're about to get a new CSM any time soon.

Also, lol @ trolley 2IC :)

ETA: I know I sound like I'm always whinging. I know I always sound like I'm blaming everyone else. I know it must seem like I'm grossly grossly incompetent, but fuck me sideways. Its not like I don't try. It annoys me that I feel like I put in 10 times more effort than others, generally to make up for the fact that I'm definitely not the strongest supervisor thats ever existed, to be told that that effort is no where near good enough. Its pretty demoralising, and I’m not expecting a sticker for every single good thing I do, but maybe JUST maybe, its possible to acknowledge that we do things right on occasion.
I do enough fucking people pleasing in that store to make up for the entire company. If I had more confidence IRL, I'd grow a backbone.

Also, I managed to fail MOS because my shirt was not “immaculately ironed”. I’m sorry, but generally thats what happens when you put a seatbelt on, fucktards.

Its her Saturday tomorrow, FML.

bdude

HSC
I don't think our CSM has done a close shift since I've been working.

I don't mind, our main close supervisor is the best. Makes up for working late at night, so much more of a casual vibe esp. when it's quiet.

HSC
Thats the thing - if its not quiet there's no way there can ever be a casual vibe. We've built thursdays into such a high stress high pressure period between 8.30 and 10 that it really shows.

bdude

HSC
Thats the thing - if its not quiet there's no way there can ever be a casual vibe. We've built thursdays into such a high stress high pressure period between 8.30 and 10 that it really shows.
We kinda have that same problem on thursday and friday nights when it can be really busy and it's just the night supervisor who's running around getting price checks, replacement items, doing refunds smokes, answering the phone and even having to jump on express.

Mannequin25

HSC
A few new things that are happening which im not sure if they have been mentioned (im too lazy to read through the pages lol)

- Customers wont automaticly get reciepts for any purchase under $30. We will will have to ask them if they would like it. If they have an everyday rewards card, it can be emailed to them. Dockets will also be shrunk. (we will be able to save $44million a year doing this!)

- Produce ID tests will now be in WoWPos. No excuse now if you have worked a shift and it hasnt been done. If you havent done it, the CSM or Svr will be able to send msgs for you to do it, like the Pick up and Change order msgs.

- New people planner system. More of an overhaul of the current system than a complete new one. Department managers will add their sales to it and it will automaticly come up with a sales plan and roster. It will supposedly make doing front end grids a much easier job.

- Pay slips will not be given out in paper form unless asked in cash office. They will all be accessable online.

- Advertising is going to cut back by 30%

Cant think of anything else (there is more, but my brain is like blah. Information overload lmfao. Ill add if i think of more :guitar:

brookie94

HSC
Hahahaha babikakez I don't mean to laugh but you've been having a shit of a time lately aye??
I know how you feel, our CSM treats me and a lot of other staff like we are dogs and idiots and there is a spvr that everyone hates coz she's an incompetent bitch! Gahhh!
What! Failed mos because of your shirt?!? WTF?! Lol that's ridiculous like are you supposed to sit perfectly an not move?!? Omg that's ridiculous!!

Wow mannequin! Those are some good changes! I wanna see rosters posted on the web!!! Like in a staff only website using employee numbers etc.

danberg

HSC
^^VERY interesting
i like most of it, especially receipts (i've always thought they were too long, and then they made them even LONGER with 4 lines about everydayrewards on every receipt!)
Was this all on corecomms? I really need access!

HSC
Hahahaha babikakez I don't mean to laugh but you've been having a shit of a time lately aye??
I know how you feel, our CSM treats me and a lot of other staff like we are dogs and idiots and there is a spvr that everyone hates coz she's an incompetent bitch! Gahhh!
What! Failed mos because of your shirt?!? WTF?! Lol that's ridiculous like are you supposed to sit perfectly an not move?!? Omg that's ridiculous!!

Wow mannequin! Those are some good changes! I wanna see rosters posted on the web!!! Like in a staff only website using employee numbers etc.
Feel free to laugh, I'm sure I will tomorrow. I get that my CSM is under an AWFUL lot of pressure but seriously, she's becoming a little bit unbearable.
I just wish our SSM was there tomorrow to back the two of us up.

I'm always terrified though that our operators look at me like I'm completely incompetent. :mad: :uhoh:

I've decided that if I'm going to fail MOS over naturally occuring creases in my shirt, then others will be failing over petty things too. I'm talking non black socks, slightly unhemmed pants, white shirts, more than three earrings, not asking for rewards cards for 50c, etc. Anyone who gets me doing their MOS tomorrow better watch out, coz if I'm failing, you are too.

Fuck I'm pretty bitter hey!

Also, it would be good if payslips were posted online, I'm always losing mine and then centrelink get on my back about it :(

greekgun

HSC
Feel free to laugh, I'm sure I will tomorrow. I get that my CSM is under an AWFUL lot of pressure but seriously, she's becoming a little bit unbearable.
I just wish our SSM was there tomorrow to back the two of us up.

I'm always terrified though that our operators look at me like I'm completely incompetent. :mad: :uhoh:

I've decided that if I'm going to fail MOS over naturally occuring creases in my shirt, then others will be failing over petty things too. I'm talking non black socks, slightly unhemmed pants, white shirts, more than three earrings, not asking for rewards cards for 50c, etc. Anyone who gets me doing their MOS tomorrow better watch out, coz if I'm failing, you are too.

Fuck I'm pretty bitter hey!

Also, it would be good if payslips were posted online, I'm always losing mine and then centrelink get on my back about it :(
Wow, your CSM sounds like a real pain in the ass, must make working alot harder than it should be. My CSM is an awesome manager, and it just makes work that much easier and enjoyable. But hopefully things get better, sounds like your manager is a picky bitch, but if the CSM has made 3 supervisors cry - thats a pretty clear sign that she's (or he...cant remember if it was a chick or dude) at fault. Hang in there!

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
babikakez said:
ETA: I know I sound like I'm always whinging. I know I always sound like I'm blaming everyone else. I know it must seem like I'm grossly grossly incompetent, but fuck me sideways. Its not like I don't try. It annoys me that I feel like I put in 10 times more effort than others, generally to make up for the fact that I'm definitely not the strongest supervisor thats ever existed, to be told that that effort is no where near good enough. Its pretty demoralising, and I’m not expecting a sticker for every single good thing I do, but maybe JUST maybe, its possible to acknowledge that we do things right on occasion.
I do enough fucking people pleasing in that store to make up for the entire company. If I had more confidence IRL, I'd grow a backbone.
Sorry you've having a bad time babikakes, but in my opinion all managers seem to have lost the ability to give any compliments, and only ever focus on the negatives.

Although you would not believe it, my DM has been away for 3 days and yesterday my SM told me that the department has been looking fantastic. I almost fainted.

- Produce ID tests will now be in WoWPos. No excuse now if you have worked a shift and it hasnt been done. If you havent done it, the CSM or Svr will be able to send msgs for you to do it, like the Pick up and Change order msgs.
We've been doing Produce tests in Training mode for about a year now. So much easier IMO. Does your Produce Manager make them up? We have only just started making the produce tests up (as in me and my manager) it used to be the checkouts 2IC that done them. Much better that we do them now though imo because we know what new products have come in etc etc.

Roga

HSC
A few new things that are happening which im not sure if they have been mentioned (im too lazy to read through the pages lol)

- Customers wont automaticly get reciepts for any purchase under $30. We will will have to ask them if they would like it. If they have an everyday rewards card, it can be emailed to them. Dockets will also be shrunk. (we will be able to save $44million a year doing this!)

- New people planner system. More of an overhaul of the current system than a complete new one. Department managers will add their sales to it and it will automaticly come up with a sales plan and roster. It will supposedly make doing front end grids a much easier job.

- Pay slips will not be given out in paper form unless asked in cash office. They will all be accessable online.

- Advertising is going to cut back by 30%

Cant think of anything else (there is more, but my brain is like blah. Information overload lmfao. Ill add if i think of more :guitar:
I like that. Saves me time having to go the office and picking it up.

On another note, is anyone working Easter Sunday? I am :D

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
I like that. Saves me time having to go the office and picking it up.

On another note, is anyone working Easter Sunday? I am :D
Thank fucking god no. We are closed Easter Sunday and boy am I thrilled to have my first Sunday off in 7 months!!! SM asked me if I wanted to come in 2 times during the day and do the temps for all departments but I told him to drop dead.

jirwin

HSC
my Coles is also closed Easter sunday and good Friday. guarenteed 2 days off without any call ins :). not sure what I'm working next week. will find out in an hour when I get to work. working 10.30-1.30 today and then rest of the weekend off. I RARELY get good shifts like this.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Good news about the receipt. I'm sure it was suggested through the ideas spotlight thing like a million times.

I have my easter roster:
MON: 9-6 operator
WED: 3.15-9.15 supvsn
THU: 10-7 operator
FRI: 12.15-9.15 supvsn (but not, but i still get paid)
SAT: 8-5 operator (it is contracted as 7-4 supvsn but my CSM is coming in. I wish she wasn't).

bdude

HSC
my Coles is also closed Easter sunday and good Friday. guarenteed 2 days off without any call ins :). not sure what I'm working next week. will find out in an hour when I get to work. working 10.30-1.30 today and then rest of the weekend off. I RARELY get good shifts like this.
We only close two days out of the year: Good Friday and Christmas Day. But we're only opening for 13 hours on Easter Sunday as opposed to the usual 15.

Also, that receipt idea is the best ever, whenever I work on express the majority of what's in the bin is unwanted receipts for when people just buy two or three things.

bdude

HSC
Also, I stopped ironing (well, my mum stopped ironing them :) ) my shirts and pants ages ago - they don't seem to get that creased, must be the material.

Mannequin25

HSC
well apparently with the payslips being avalible online, its cause certain parts of Storenet will be accessable at home. I doubt the rosters being avalible online is likely to happen though, i think that was one of the features that WorkBrain was originally going to have?

Usually i do our produce IDs or if im not there, the produce 2IC does them for us. I think this is a fantastic idea, save on paper and having the stupid tray sitting on the service desk. Plus hopefully itll mean that everyone actually completes them!!!

Our stores really cracking down on appearance as well (glad to see we arent the only one). The boss bought an iron and ironing board to put in the lunch room (i think someone else said there store did as well?) and we hav bough razors and shaving cream, and guys that come to work unshaven, have to go into the toilets and shave. And ive actually seen them make a few people, one of them being my ex. I lol'd. :haha:

Im hanging out for Thursday arvo. Our stores closed Friday and Sunday, BOTH my contracted shifts, then i asked not to work Monday and Tuesdays my RDO :jump:

Dont wanna go in today......:mad1: its gonna be so busy. Its been busy the past few days. $20k up both thursday and Friday.:spzz: We had such a bad service problem on both days. On Thursday we had the SSS running the floor, because there was no one avalible for an express alert. Needless to say she was impressed AT ALL. Apparently she went and had a go at the boss :skip:

Harry778

HSC
Wish I got to work over easter...WISH I GOT TO WORK AT ALL...lol.

My store is closed Good Friday and easter sunday =DDD

You know what I've never figured out? Why my store opens at 7.30...its busy enough to open at 7 like all the other stores around us. We're closed boxing day, christmas day, good friday, easter sunday and half of ANZAC day.

Last edited:

jirwin

HSC
We only close two days out of the year: Good Friday and Christmas Day. But we're only opening for 13 hours on Easter Sunday as opposed to the usual 15.

Also, that receipt idea is the best ever, whenever I work on express the majority of what's in the bin is unwanted receipts for when people just buy two or three things.
We are closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day, Good Friday and Easter Sunday. Reduced trading hours on Christmas Eve (close 10pm instead of 12am), Easter Monday (7am-10pm iirc) and 1pm-10pm on ANZAC day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)