The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

HSC
I'm pretty confused about what the new produce ID tests are going to be like.

Do they just show us a picture on the screen and we have to type in the name of it? Is it the same picture as the one on the screen? If so, what is even the point of that? Some people mostly use the pictures to know what to press, some mostly use words- but the two are connected all the time, so there is no point separating the two.

Why isn't it like, they give us a basket of fruit and we have to use the menus and select which item it is? That way it is actually testing our knowledge of the products in a form that is useful- being able to see a product that a customer has bought and charge them correctly for it.

Also, will there be some kind of exception put on liquor checkouts? Because some people only work in liquor, so they don't need to know what any fruit or vegetables are. And if it is done with a basket of real produce, it'd be a real pain to take it into liquor.
Common sense would dictate that liquor staff would be excluded. But I seriously hate produce ID, I fail every week as you all know. More so out of putting no effort in rather than not knowing the difference between royal galas and hi earlys.

Also, best FB group I've seen in a long time - yes I was on hold to vodafone/epay yesterday: Hi! I'm Lara. Vodafone's Most Useless Employee! | Facebook

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Good job Brookie with all your hard work :p
Pretty lame tonight. Really wish I'd get my supervisor numbers soon.....
Our store has the upgrade, I like it. New recepits are alright, perhaps a little too cramped though. And self serve receipts are the same size in terms of paper length because otherwise it wont be able to come out of the machine (e.g the smallest receipt still needs to be the same size/lenth, just left white and blank)

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
I have a bit of a dilemma. I was given a temporary PPT contract by our ex-CSM while a cashier of ours was on maternity leave. My shifts are always 1930-2430 both Friday and Saturday nights each week. I've gone back to casual as of this week but i'm hoping I will be offered a permanent roster to keep my old self-serve shifts. But, I want to take every 1st and 3rd Saturday shift off and replace it with something else during the week, only the 2ic is making things difficult. Am I within my rights to say 'no' to a roster with those shifts??

Overall, 10.0 has been a great update...most of those changes were overdue.

However, I don't really get the point of displaying the companies ABN details on the Self Serve screen. Why do customers need to see this? I think Woolworths has been around long enough for people to recognise us as a legit company.

Also, not sure whether this only happens in my store, but the dockets on SCO tonight all printed with a large extra blank bit at the end??!

Thanks guys and gals :p

HSC
Common sense would dictate that liquor staff would be excluded. But I seriously hate produce ID, I fail every week as you all know. More so out of putting no effort in rather than not knowing the difference between royal galas and hi earlys.
How could you fail the produce test Jess? You're a supervisor! Hehehe! :p Exams over next week. Back to work Friday. Wonder what changes I'll see. I'll bet there'll be heaps of training for me. Haven't been working since mid-April. :p

aussie92

HSC
im sick of my job soooo much 2 yrs variety night fill , anyone know other jobs in woolworths that are easier to do ? everyone i ask says the job i have is one of the bludgiest in the store oh well :bomb:

HSC
How could you fail the produce test Jess? You're a supervisor! Hehehe! :p Exams over next week. Back to work Friday. Wonder what changes I'll see. I'll bet there'll be heaps of training for me. Haven't been working since mid-April. :p
I fail because I don't try, most people in our store use the screens or do them in collaboration with each other. Also remember that you have to get all 10 right to pass. Once I've marked a few though I'm generally good :devil:
There have been weeks where I have PICKED the test and still only got 9...

BTW, we're not getting it until Friday, so you're probably going to have more notice than anyone else.

bdude

HSC
You should do it with a basket of real produce because so many times the pictures can look nothing like the actual fruit/veg, especially with potatoes. They got rid of 'washed potatoes' and split it up into like five different kinds, three of which look exactly the same.

HSC
You should do it with a basket of real produce because so many times the pictures can look nothing like the actual fruit/veg, especially with potatoes. They got rid of 'washed potatoes' and split it up into like five different kinds, three of which look exactly the same.
which is why i fail. :p
but generally with something stupid like bagels.

bdude

HSC
which is why i fail. :p
but generally with something stupid like bagels.
Woolworths bagels are yummy.

All we have like that are our bread rolls, on the computer there's like 20 different buttons yet we sell like 9 different kinds of rolls. I pretty much put them all through as a "round white roll" or a "cheese and bacon roll"

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Also, not sure whether this only happens in my store, but the dockets on SCO tonight all printed with a large extra blank bit at the end??!
That's exactly what I said in my previous post. The blank bit is so the docket can actually feed out of the machine, otherwise it'd be to small to exit the receipt part of the feeder on the machine.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Checkouts is probably the hardest department! Standing on your feet all day, only going on breaks when your super tells you.

Go Produce -> Once the load is done just sit in the staff room. That's where I spend 3/4 of my day. I also spend a lot of time in my SM's office just watching people on the cameras.

Last edited:

BSammy

HSC
Cash office, the work can be tricky, and there's never enough time to do it all, but you get to sit on your arse all day and eat/drink in your little locked office

:)

ekul444

HSC
N/A
That's exactly what I said in my previous post. The blank bit is so the docket can actually feed out of the machine, otherwise it'd be to small to exit the receipt part of the feeder on the machine.
haha wow, they really thought that through! SCO receipts used a smaller font size then standard checkouts before anyway...

how did they shorten it? make font smaller? get rid of trading hours? get rid of that stupid ad for EDR cards?

HSC
I'm over checkouts, I hate being told when to go on a break, I like the freedom groceries has, where You stock shelves for a while, then go on your break. then do some more, while checkouts is when you have to fight for a break with your supervisor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)