The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Can someone please give me a quick refresher on SCO open? I haven't done one for months (done plenty of closes,but no opens),and I am rostered to do one next monday. Any help would be appreciated!

Jolyon

HSC
Can someone please give me a quick refresher on SCO open? I haven't done one for months (done plenty of closes,but no opens),and I am rostered to do one next monday. Any help would be appreciated!
How my store works is: at 6am the smoke shop attendant starts and puts all the smokes away. At 6:30 the self serve attendant starts and both them and then smoke shop attendant go up to the cash office and get the two self serve keys (we call them the black one and the silver one) and the money for the registers (81-85). By this time myself or the CSTM have arrived (our area group you need a manager or 2IC to watch you put the money in).

So now we open all the dispenser coin and notes. Pretty much the notes and coins go where they are suppose to. Make sure the notes are all level and neatly placed into there containers. Once all the notes and coins are in, go to the "ATM" screen and do an "ATM Reset" on all the registers, and then "Load PLU Screens" once that is done you are pretty much set. Any questions?

BSammy

HSC
The important bit there is putting the dispenser money in.
And then doing the ATM reset. (also plu screens)

the rest seems kinda store specific.

in my store we get the dispenser notes all ready, and the dispenser coin comes out with the rest of the change later. Unless it's monday in which case we have all the coin in the office from being counted sunday night.

Your best bet is to ask someone from your store what is expected because there is the basic thing, but so many variations by store.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Anyone else having seen hours being cut?

I haven't been on registers in months always floor :(. I think every store expected more sales.

BSammy

HSC
I haven't seen hours being cut, but I've been hearing about people being worried about wages going up. Careful about extra shifts etc.

BSammy

HSC
For anyone interested, Woolies Employees Credit Union pay went in at about 7:40 Tuesday night.

Commbank not in yet, but wouldn't be far away. Edit: In by 7:50.

Seems earlier than usual? Oh well.

Last edited:

Jessica411

HSC
N/A
Hi there,

Can anyone tell me if Woolies pay casuals penalty rates on Sundays, and if so what is the penalty rate? I'm in VIC if that matters. Thanks!

britto89

HSC
Hi there,

Can anyone tell me if Woolies pay casuals penalty rates on Sundays, and if so what is the penalty rate? I'm in VIC if that matters. Thanks!
http://sda.org.au/images/awards/award63.pdf

Has all the details. Its basically 150% of the normal base rate for fulltime and part time(varies for what hours you work also). For casuals its 150% of the normal base + leave loading (+20% ontop of normal base). So if you are casual then sunday rate is not 1.5 times your normal rate which is inclusive of leave loading but a little bit less. That is why.

Britto

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Hey.

Can someone give me a run down on self serve. I have a register shift (first one in ages I do to much floor) and I sometimes help at selfserve during my shift

nanakid12

HSC
Totally would, but I think our store gets forgotten about and has the tiniest budget ever in the history of the world.

So yeah, basically what I'm trying to say is that we don't have SCO :(

However... your at Big W right? Get your ass on the all yours website, change to the AU supermarkets division and go eLearning and find the course about the SCO upgrade.
Actually, scratch that, see if Big W has it's own in the eLearning course for it, cause the supermarkets uses different software to Big W. Woolies uses WowSCO and Big W uses NCR. I think?

I am so tired.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Gosh forgot about that. yes I'm at big w

That has registers ?

Our stores budget has been cut so much. I know after christmas hours always goes down but it has gone down so much more than last year.

communitycolleg

HSC
I used to do demonstrations in Woolworths stores in the Northern Beaches.

Cashiers / Stock handlers have it lucky. that was easily the worst job ever!

in a nutshell- I gave out free samples in an apron

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I used to do demonstrations in Woolworths stores in the Northern Beaches.

Cashiers / Stock handlers have it lucky. that was easily the worst job ever!

in a nutshell- I gave out free samples in an apron
I hate when those people are in my store. Why is it so bad? I wouldn't like to do it myself personally.

BSammy

HSC
I don't mind the demo people usually, especially if I get to eat something nice from them.

I HATE it when we have the knife or whatever people who use our PA with their nasal voice about 8 times a day for a week.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I don't mind the demo people usually, especially if I get to eat something nice from them.

I HATE it when we have the knife or whatever people who use our PA with their nasal voice about 8 times a day for a week.
Oh my god YES. We had one guy in doing those ShamWOW cleaning cloth things. He was an annoying bastard who was so aggressive all the time. He flipped it at our SSM because she had to interrupt him half way through, he cracked the shits majorly and went home lol. He did not know she was the big boss at the time. Most funniest thing.

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC

Yes!! We have one of those in store at the moment. Driving us insane!

bourne531

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, I was just wondering what you all think about being a nightfill captain. Is it a good job, as in would you rather be a p/t nightfiller or a p/t nightfill captain?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)