The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

BSammy

HSC
i was looking through the roster folder today and on sunday a name is crossed out and my name is written in its place.
I'm not doing that shift, unless they insist I do it.

With all the other work I've done this week it will put me on 41.4 hours for the week, I'm happy to take the overtime, but I wasn't asked to do the shift (I was for the same shift last week, but not this week.)

Also today was terrible. CSM was sick, I assume. When I got there the replacement supervisor was drowning, all express alerts were on register and the Store Manager was in the service desk looking through the phone book and frantically asking us who she should try to call in for the night.

the way to go

HSC
I just hate people.

all of them.

but seriously, people dumping perishable crap really pisses me off, and finding the front end fridges almost full with stuff someone decided not to buy pisses me off too, if you don't wanna buy it why put it in your damn trolly in the first place?! our store doesn't follow anything the roster says. rostered to selfserve: checkout. rostered to supervise: face up. rostered to selfserve: supervisor. that one annoys me the most cause the supervisor telling me to supervise while they go have lunch means they're getting paid for it, and I'm not. (I know it's not much difference, but it's the principle.)

41 hours? wouldn't that mean you'd be working full time?

my store keeps cutting hours, making it do difficult at night. morning people just relax, while bust our asses being understaffed, it's bullshit. they have a completely different work attitude, when a morning prison does a night shift, theyre slow, serve a couple customers then walk off and talk to someone at another register while there's a huge line of people waiting to be served. it's so annoying! they clearly have more than enough people in the morning. why not cut their hours?! and my store refuses to hire anyone under 19 in front end. if they did, they would save so much money too and I wouldn't mind someone even remotely close to my age in the store.

this thread seems to be a bit of an anger release atm haha

powlmao

Banned
HSC
At big w. Once you sign in they can move you around the store without telling you. Often when I get a register shift the GM will ask the supervisor if it's fine if I help him for the day. That's why I don't get many register shifts.

But at BIG W. It's mote centralized. Such that the departments are so much divided and often you would be asked to help out if needed. (like if it's quite you might be asked to help on floor etc. )

Sometimes when I log in. I am told you are doing this today instead of this.

To be honest I don't mind. It's fine of they want me to do that.

Probably a bit different to supervision though.

(hai coperate!!- promote me :p)

Nah. No one from HR Would be on this. We just talk and rant hhahaa (shifty eyes- implying I am coperate)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Why do they refuse to hire under 19?

I am 17 and it's so cheap to have me on. And come on people my age only want night shifts-hence makes no difference to others. At big w often we have a mix. Maybe it's a contract issue? Too many morning contracts? Plus I would fire staff who piss away time and chat when it's busy

At night big w is often quite.

nanakid12

HSC
Worst day. Was a fantastic morning, but then all went to shit when one of the operators said they were going to lodge a complaint about me.

Yea, thanks for that.

Funny thing is, I didn't do anything wrong. She's just one of those people who thrives on drama, and she reckons I'm fairer to some other operators over her.

Well I probably am, but it's not like I treat her like shit. I'm always nice, happy and pleasant to her, the same as I am to everyone. All it had to do with was the distance of her being from the service desk, and that I'd sent her on her break too early.

Anyway, thanks to that I was stressed and flushed all afternoon.

Powlmao- that happens in supermarkets as well, helping out in other departments :) I am totally fine with being a checkout operator, but I would appreciate it if they had communicated in some form to me that I wasn't supervising, instead of me just making the assumption.

End of financial year was never this bad last year. They want to drive up sales, because its the height of competition with coles, and then we get a phone call saying we have to cut 500 hours!
All I can say is, our deep cleaning was definitely NOT finished for the relaunch.

Anyway don't work til Thursday, so no stress til then! :D tell me how it goes...

nanakid12

HSC
It is too. Haha I'm thinking it's next week cos of all the cleaning we had to do today.

Oh well I supervise that Monday night so I guess I'll be there to see it on day one. Woo. Exciting.

britto89

HSC
Must be a major metro store to have a separate Kosher area. Having never lived in the city the concept of a instore Sushi department and seperate Kosher department seem weird. I wonder if they are actually woolworths employees or if its subcontracted out.

quick90

HSC
It's at Bondi.

"our Bondi customers can enjoy fresh and expertly made sushi every day!"

NNS7

HSC
N/A
Must be a major metro store to have a separate Kosher area. Having never lived in the city the concept of a instore Sushi department and seperate Kosher department seem weird. I wonder if they are actually woolworths employees or if its subcontracted out.
There are currently six WW sushi stores with more planned. Sushi is also avaliable at Crows Nest and Paddington Thomas Dux. I believe some of the sushi stores are Eastgardens, Northbridge, Neutral Bay, Caringbah, Mona Vale & Kellyville. I've had it, it's really good!

bensneddon

HSC
I wonder if they are actually woolworths employees or if its subcontracted out.
Subcontracted

On another note, I'm glad that the refund option is being removed from the supervisor menu on SCOs. I was getting quite sick of telling staff not to do refunds through SCO :)

Last edited:

BSammy

HSC
Why is that?
(not the removal i saw the guy get arrested for the reason for that) but the telling staff not to do it. Is it cause it doesn't tell you in reports who is responsible for them?

bensneddon

HSC
Why is that?
(not the removal i saw the guy get arrested for the reason for that) but the telling staff not to do it. Is it cause it doesn't tell you in reports who is responsible for them?
Yeah, basically. In the Refunds report, the Operator ID comes up as the SCO POS ID (e.g. 801), rather than the SCO attendant's POS ID

Refunds were always one of the functions under the supervisor menu that weren't supposed to be used on SCO.

Last edited:

the way to go

HSC
how big is the bondi store?! it looks enormous!

any one know why there's no more reminders to swipe EDR card? great on registers, not so much for sco...

nanakid12

HSC
The sushi bar looks awesome! I'd never eat anything from it but it's a pretty sweet deal.

how big is the bondi store?! it looks enormous!

any one know why there's no more reminders to swipe EDR card? great on registers, not so much for sco...
There was a CoreComms about it a few weeks ago that they were removing the EDR reminder and instead putting in a "Earn and Learn sticker reminder". This randomly started coming up at our store on Tuesday night last week, and then stopped almost 24 hours later.

It was a prompt: "ASK CUSTOMER FOR EARN AND LEARN STICKERS" with the options YES and NO. Like whaaat? Does it record in the system for whether they get them or something? It also asked for when people purchased packets of cigarettes, big no no. I'm guessing that's why it was taken down.

The EDR prompt will be put back into place when the E&L program finishes.

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Question. I can't remember,but do receipts print out with Woolworths's ABN on it? If not,how do I go about getting a receipt with the ABN on it? I need them for Tafe purposes,as all receipts for Tafe must contain the company's ABN.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)