The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

nanakid12

HSC
Sweet as haha.

Random moment when this massive dog (as in the animal, not the type of customer) came into our store for like 10 minutes and I can't get it out. I was tempted for it to stay, would have provided good company if it didn't head straight to the meat department lol

BSammy

HSC
hey, we get to dress up like farmers and cowboys and shit this weekend.

anyone else doing anything 'fun'?

nanakid12

HSC
hey, we get to dress up like farmers and cowboys and shit this weekend.

anyone else doing anything 'fun'?
Haha I've heard we'll dress up for Friday the 13th? That's it though...

I'm just looking like a freak being the only one in the shop wearing those white fresh fair shirts. "Snags to fork or not to fork"??? That hardly even makes sense.

Allowing the dog to stay in the store willingly would be negligent on your behalf due to health regulations
Yea I know... it was my idea of an incomplete joke with myself. They aren't funny. :)

Store manager also said he's makin me dress up as a piece of produce before this fresh fair is over. now that's something to look forward too huh.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
How crazy did the AirWick promotion get? For those that don't know...
Air Wick did a promotion on FB which gave a select few people a coupon for a free Air Wick candle (worth $9.99). Basically this coupon went viral as it was just a generic barcode. Thousands and thousands were duplicated and put on OzBargain website which meant everybody was using the coupon to get free candles.

The promotion in the system was disabled as of Saturday I believe and didn't deduct the $9.99 as it would normally, it would only add $0.01 to the total. We now have a big sign in smokeshop saying we don't accept them.

Have a read of this particular comment. How wrong was the staff member here: http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/73578#comment-930244
Probably thought it was a scanning policy. /shakes head

powlmao

Banned
HSC
How crazy did the AirWick promotion get? For those that don't know...
Air Wick did a promotion on FB which gave a select few people a coupon for a free Air Wick candle (worth $9.99). Basically this coupon went viral as it was just a generic barcode. Thousands and thousands were duplicated and put on OzBargain website which meant everybody was using the coupon to get free candles.

The promotion in the system was disabled as of Saturday I believe and didn't deduct the $9.99 as it would normally, it would only add $0.01 to the total. We now have a big sign in smokeshop saying we don't accept them.

Have a read of this particular comment. How wrong was the staff member here: http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/73578#comment-930244
Probably thought it was a scanning policy. /shakes head
Can't believe that happened

BSammy

HSC
Yeah we are too, I'm pretty sure it's a nationwide thing. I'm not dressing up though.
Somehow I got away with dressing like this.

picture removed, pm me if you care enough to want to see it :p

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
My SM looked like a big kid, wasn't even country clothing. He had this long sleeved stripey t shirt on under his Woolies "As Aussie as a Woolies Banana" t shirt and it had a hoodie lol.
I thought to myself "I'd hate to see the customers reaction if he is introduced as the 'store manager' " lol.

LightRain

HSC
Hey guys,
Just got a job at Woolworths doing Nightfill! :D So I'll probably be hanging around here a bit now :)

Only have my site induction left which is coming up next week, then I'm into it :)

Just wondering,

Where I'm suppose to hand in may forms regarding pay and supperannuation etc? They told me the name of the room or something that I'm suppose to take it too but I forgot :p

Also since I haven't asked, what would the pay be for an 18 year old casual (night fill)? I've had a look at the EBA and what not; but I can't work it out :( So hopefully someone can help, it would be much appreciated :)

Last edited:

hahahayley

HSC
you can drop your forms in with the cash/invoice office. not sure about pay rates sorry!

LightRain

HSC

Hahaha It's cool, I was just curious but it doesn't matter I'll find out soon enough anyway

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Congrats! You really do learn a lot from this place.
Those forms get handed in to the 'Cash Office', if you aren't sure where it is, just ask somebody at the service desk and they will show you (it's out the back where the offices are). The pay clerk will process these forms for you.
An 18 year old casual will earn about 15.73 after training if I calculated it correctly. During the probationary period though, you will receive a bit less. I think it's like 6 months?

explore

HSC
N/A
Hi all

I posted a couple of weeks ago asking how I could get in to the company after a long term absence. I took your advice and got a friend to pull some strings for me and I'm back in! Skipped all the interview stuff and have company and site induction coming up. Anyway, thanks to the people who kindly offered advice.

Just a couple of questions though. On my letter of offer the bit where they include my pay rate has been left out. There is an obvious gap in the wording where it should have been entered but wasn't. I've been offered a full casual wage, anyone know how much casual is paying for 20 and over in the probationary and beyond period? I was a bit suprised to be offered casual to be honest, can they make you go PPT?

Thanks all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)